Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone (1694 Views)

Oppo Unveils The World’s First Under-screen Selfie Camera / Generic P35 Pro - 6gb Ram Phone Under 31,000 Naira / Blackview BV9600 Plus: The World's First Rugged Phone With In-display Scanner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 05, 2017
Some have argued that 6GB of RAM is of no importance or significant to a Mobile Phone user ,Well Asus saysyou should tell that to the Marines as it has already released an 8GB RAM Phone tagged Asus Zenfone AR .Its not only the World first 8G RAM phone , it is also the first to support both Tango AR platform and Google’s Daydream VR platform check out the Full specs below

Asus Zenfone AR (ZS571KL) Specifications

5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display, NTSC over 100%, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
2.3GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
6GB / 8GB LPDDR4 RAM,32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0
Hybrid dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, Laser AF
8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-viewing angle
Fingerprint sensor
Built-in Mono 5 magnet speaker, ASUS SonicMaster 3.0, DTS Headphone: X for virtual 7.1 surround sound Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard, NXP Smart AMP technology
Dimensions: 158.67 x 77.7 x 4.6 ~ 8.95 mm; Weight:170g
4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac5 GHz 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0

Source http://www.gadgetsng.com/2017/01/asus-zenfone-ar-world-first-8gb-ram-phone-specs-price.html

Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by kehnnny(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2017
Is the phone available in Nigeria @op and do you have any idea how much it costs?
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 05, 2017
Will be available Worldwide from April , pricing will be announced later
kehnnny:
Is the phone available in Nigeria @op and do you have any idea how much it costs?

1 Like

Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Whizpeter(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
Human needs are insatiable...

Some people would still use roehsoft to expand the ram to maybe 10-12gb sef...

4 Likes

Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by olahero(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
When will i be able to afford this kind phone?
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by henryobinna(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
it is not the first daydream ready phone.
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Mustiboy(m): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
8gb ram is so uncalled for on a mobile device
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Abayor7: 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
That battery capacity is too small for my liking. The least I deal with is 4000mAh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
You said we should say hello to the phone so I'm just here to say helllllllooooooooo...

2 Likes

Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by emakind(m): 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
Abayor7:
That battery capacity is too small for my liking. The least I deal with is 4000mAh undecided
with 8gb ram nd 2.5ghz speed..bruh batery life matas for dull nd power draining phones
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Segadem(m): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
olahero:
When will i be able to afford this kind phone?
my bro, God will surprise u and your family before this month ends

3 Likes

Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 06, 2017
And who says it is? read the post again - first to support both daydream VR and Tango
henryobinna:
it is not the first daydream ready phone.
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 06, 2017
So true , but the make and Qualcom claims the processor is so optimized to be battery efficient , so that takes care of the 3000mAh battery
Abayor7:
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 06, 2017
Partially true , but a phone optimized for VR needs lot of RAM .Some reviewers of one of the daydream view phone claim the phone crashed due to low RAM during their review and that phone was 4GB RAM,and therefore recommended more RAM for future VR phones
Mustiboy:
8gb ram is so uncalled for on a mobile device
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Whizpeter(m): 6:15am On Jan 06, 2017
emakind:

with 8gb ram nd 2.5ghz speed.. bruh batery life matas for dull nd power draining phones

That's a reason to give the phone a bigger battery..

Abi no be battery go power all these effizzy wey dey the phone? Them even put Daydream and Tango inside...

The battery backup is poor abeg...!
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Abayor7: 6:49am On Jan 06, 2017
gadgetsngs:
So true , but the make and Qualcom claims the processor is so optimized to be battery efficient , so that takes care of the 3000mAh battery

I'd never believe that bro, running the process for about a month and you'll realise you Actually needed more capacity to the battery, moreso if you're used to a larger Battery capacity devices (4000 or 5000 mAh) you'll know the point am driving to.
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Mustiboy(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2017
gadgetsngs:
Partially true , but a phone optimized for VR needs lot of RAM .Some reviewers of one of the daydream view phone claim the phone crashed due to low RAM during their review and that phone was 4GB RAM,and therefore recommended more RAM for future VR phones
the VR is yet to stand any serious ground; it's a thing of the future. Notwithstanding, a 4gb ram device is more than enough for now.
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2017
The Zenfone AR seems like a device more worthy of "flagship" status. It has a speedier Snapdragon 821 SoC and a more reasonable 5.7-inch, 2560x1440 Super AMOLED display. It's also packing a whopping 8GB (or 6GB) of RAM. That might sound excessive, but remember in our Tango review, the amazing Matterport Scenes app would shut off after a few minutes due to low memory. It was blowing up the Phab 2 Pro, which "only" had 4GB of RAM. Tango basically needs all the power it can get.

That is from a hands on review of the Lenovo Phab 2 pro , it wasnt written by me

Mustiboy:
the VR is yet to stand any serious ground; it's a thing of the future. Notwithstanding, a 4gb ram device is more than enough for now.
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by Mustiboy(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2017
gadgetsngs:
The Zenfone AR seems like a device more worthy of "flagship" status. It has a speedier Snapdragon 821 SoC and a more reasonable 5.7-inch, 2560x1440 Super AMOLED display. It's also packing a whopping 8GB (or 6GB) of RAM. That might sound excessive, but remember in our Tango review, the amazing Matterport Scenes app would shut off after a few minutes due to low memory. It was blowing up the Phab 2 Pro, which "only" had 4GB of RAM. Tango basically needs all the power it can get.

That is from a hands on review of the Lenovo Phab 2 pro , it wasnt written by me

hmmm
Nice analysis.
Re: Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone by olahero(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2017
Segadem:

my bro, God will surprise u and your family before this month ends
Ameen bro and you too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Send Free Unlimited Sms In Nigeria / Nairaland Pictures / Iphone X Will Be Available In These Countries. Why Is Nigeria Omitted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.