Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

What I Experienced In My Friend's House. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Experienced In My Friend's House. (40619 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money / Missing 13-year Old Boy Found Tied Up In His Mother's Friend's House (see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:
I day fear my grand parents make them no do jazz for my body.I don't eat anything they give me

That's a shame! Yours is a disjointed family. What a misfortune! I am grateful, indeed.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Benzylkolaviron(m): 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
So whatsoever u want man do to u, do ye also to dem. Dat is d law and the prophet...Treat dem well because u will become one one day
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by psalmsjob: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
I lived with my grand mum while growing up and still cherishes the experience and miss her dearly sometimes though she died about 30 years ago now. I think we as young people need to spend times with our grandparents to learn certain things even our parents don't know from them.

They need love and care from us that money can't provide, a tread where Otedola visited his mum and took pictures with her, the old lady will cherish that more than if he bought a G-Wagon and sent it to her.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by san316(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
I was told mine is a witch that keeps tormenting everybody in the village. Though I don't treat her with contempt. She doesn't even offer food talk less of me rejecting it.

I only pray she comes around.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by san316(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
I wish I can just resurrect my paternal grandmother and strangle her to death ... some old women can be witch , don't ask me why
Lolz, this guy you bad gan. Wetin she do u na?
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Alexk2(m): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
I'm my grandma bestfriend and confidant...same thing cannot be said of my siblings and my parents though they still respect her to some extent.
Why I've noticed generally Is the inability of people to be patient with our oldies. They are old, slow and atimes act like small children but a lot people don't understand this part and strangely some term them witches and wizards just cos of these characteristics. If you're patient with them, you'll learn a lot from them and they'll finish you with true stories and life experiences not to talk of the love you'll get in turn from them.

For those who still have them around, Learn to care, love and appreciate them.

2 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Coldfeet(f): 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2017
MykOnyxo:

Really? you mean you didn't meet any of the four?
None at all... The war took them.

However I heard great and wonderful things about them, sadly no picture survived too for me to put a face to them.

Thank God my kids met all four of theirs and still enjoying them smiley
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by chiefoluigwe(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
I only got to know my paternal grandmother(God rest her soul) and she was amazing. She was close to everyone, always giving me money (i was really young then). Very kind woman. Everybody loved her
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by wizard007(m): 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
ireneony:
You never can tell..maybe she was not involved in their early life or never cared for them. That's why they treat her that way.

That doesn't still justify being rude to an elder, like wtf aren't we suppose to be Nigerians/Africans?

The parents of my parent for that matter. Totally disgisting .
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by princessayesha(f): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Grey hair = wisdom
Those that spend time with old people are always wiser. I will try and be more friendly to my grandma...even though she wants to get me married to my cousin cry
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
princessayesha:
Grey hair = wisdom
Those that spend time with old people are always wiser. I will try and be more friendly to my grandma...even though she wants to get me married to my cousin cry
Lmao. that's good of you.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
chiefoluigwe:
I only got to know my paternal grandmother(God rest her soul) and she was amazing. She was close to everyone, always giving me money (i was really young then). Very kind woman. Everybody loved her
you are lucky. hey enjoy the moment
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
wizard007:

That doesn't still justify being rude to an elder, like wtf aren't we suppose to be Nigerians/Africans?

wizard007:

wizard007:

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Glorygrace(f): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mine were nice and were treated well by everyone until God called each one home.The key is do unto others as u wish others to do unto u.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by 99foxxy(f): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
Me that love my grand parents like mad. Besides we're all gonna be old some day and how do we expect to be treated? My grand parents sometimes behave childish but i just act like one and we're good to go, I can't make them feel rejected but rather show them love and care.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
99foxxy:
Me that love my grand parents like mad. Besides we're all gonna be old some day and how do we expect to be treated? My grand parents sometimes behave childish but i just act like one and we're good to go, I can't make them feel rejected but rather show them love and care.
that's great to know. your doing a great job hun
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
Coldfeet:
None at all... The war took them.

However I heard great and wonderful things about them, sadly no picture survived too for me to put a face to them.

Thank God my kids met all four of theirs and still enjoying them smiley

Glory to God...
God shall continue to protect you all. Amen

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by kizyalex10(m): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:
I day fear my grand parents make them no do jazz for my body.I don't eat anything they give me
seriously,if u re close to me,i would have given u a dirty unrefined slap that will format ur brain.well it's nt ur fault.hope ur grand kids avoid u too.do u knw hw happy they re seeing u?without u they can never be a grand parents.with my little experience,grand. Parents pamper more than ur parents.they can save ur silly ass from being beaten by ur own parents.infact when I was small,i prefer going to holiday nd stay with them over going to any part of the world.i declined going to London for vacation(then I haven't been to London bfor)jst other part of europe.but then I wished to go to london,during holidayz,d opportunity presented itself but I turned it down jst to be with my granny
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by deavicky(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:
fool
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Boyooosa(m): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
ahan all the grand parents for Nigeria don die finish?
Truth! If am an MOD, I would have loved to remove your comment, even the post itself... embarassed
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by jnichole(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
pocohantas:
Some Nigerians have this way of looking at old people, they always think they're up to no good, courtesy home videos. That's why you'll see some people that don't travel to their villages, even when they go, they won't eat their grand parents food...etc.

When folks begin to age, they go back to being babies. They say the wrong things, act the wrong way, become petty...etc. It takes patient kids and grand kids to adapt to these changes. That is when the kind of treatment you saw at your friend's place starts to manifest.

It's not in your head, you know what you saw...it happens and I have seen it happen.

My grand parents have been dead a long time though.
you have said it all God willing i will become a nurse and work in old peoples home they are fun to be with i enjoy the company of my maternal great grand mother
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by mercato: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
eyinjuege:
Sadly, the elderly are prone to abuse and manipulations by their loved ones.
Some even beat their elderly frail grandparents who usually act "funny" from undiagnosed dementia. Grandkids that do such copy their own parents who are abusive.
my grandma has lived with us for over 20yrs now and I have got to see her age..she now struggles with dementia and some other age related stuff. I swear it is not easy sometimes u just lose your cool but when you think of the woman she once was its easy to calm down. There is no excuse for the abuse of the elderly what they need is love and care so they can see out their days in peace.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Engineermbugame(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
pocohantas:
Some Nigerians have this way of looking at old people, they always think they're up to no good, courtesy home videos. That's why you'll see some people that don't travel to their villages, even when they go, they won't eat their grand parents food...etc.

When folks begin to age, they go back to being babies. They say the wrong things, act the wrong way, become petty...etc. It takes patient kids and grand kids to adapt to these changes. That is when the kind of treatment you saw at your friend's place starts to manifest.

It's not in your head, you know what you saw...it happens and I have seen it happen.

My grand parents have been dead a long time though.
my grand mum did exactly wot u point out here she is 87years ,she still young only problem we have wit her is she acted lik a kids ,she can eat if we dont force heer ,she can pise on her bed ,abeg i don tired for my,grand mama.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
Engineermbugame:
my grand mum did exactly wot u point out here she is 87years ,she still young only problem we have wit her is she acted lik a kids ,she can eat if we dont force heer ,she can pise on her bed ,abeg i don tired for my,grand mama.
piss on her bed? damn oh my God please kill me when I reach 85 don't let me suffer meehn.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Engineermbugame(m): 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
piss on her bed? damn oh my God please kill me when I reach 85 don't let me suffer meehn.
but is somtime ,we don't usually giv her water in d night cause of d stuff ,if u called her name she will fight u ,abeg person don tired fo house,i dey pray make GOD take her ooo
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by cococandy(f): 7:22am On Jan 07, 2017
eyinjuege:
Sadly, the elderly are prone to abuse and manipulations by their loved ones.
Some even beat their elderly frail grandparents who usually act "funny" from undiagnosed dementia. Grandkids that do such copy their own parents who are abusive.
Who knows how many old people suffering from dementia/Alzheimer's have been tormented to death in the name of witchcraft.

2 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by chachanga: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2017
It's a pity, really, how much our people have been brainwashed by Grade-F home videos.

Every old woman is a witch, every old man is a wizard, smh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by elsomm(m): 10:26am On Jan 07, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
how often do you have old people's homes? even at that who would foot such bill? she should be thankful they even feed her.

well, they are not really bad because I have known them all my life, trust me. they are just too insensitive to the woman or maybe there's more to the story than I know.

why I feel for the woman is that I put myself in her position every time I see her or each time they act bad towards her coupled with the thought of death approaching. it's really not a good feeling for me talk less of her.

Why do ppl keep saying death approaching...relating aged with imminent death!

A younger person might even die before that aged person. My people say, a na ele osisi kporo akpo nke di ndu esi na ukwu daa. Meaning you might be expecting the dead tree to fall but the living tree will first fall from the roots. Ageing shouldn't be seen as synonymous with death. Neither should people see the aged as wicked people.

Let love lead. I really feel sorry for people in such condition. Our nation has a lot to make well. Thanks OP, I'd keep my eyes on child and women abuse, police and military brutality forgetting the aged. A lot needs to to be rectified
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by juman(m): 10:33am On Jan 07, 2017
Engineermbugame:

@bolded
Not too bad for her age.

You can use pampers for adult for her.
Or control how she drinks water in the evening.

In Islam we see it as great opportunity to get great reward from God.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ArabMopol(m): 10:33am On Jan 07, 2017
san316:
Lolz, this guy you bad gan. Wetin she do u na?
the woman wicked Oooo
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ArabMopol(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2017
lestat:

hahahaha by their fruits ye shall know them.. You see boss, i dont have the time nor do i care to convince you of the folly of your ways, for the Laws of God are perfect anD swift enough to teach you.

Like i said to others if you feel you have the right to play judge and jury! to judge your grand mother or father! to decide whom is evil or whom does not deserve love? then it shows you are dark and serve not God at all.

The Lord God is perfection, his laws have guided creation since the time of Adam and Eve, for millions of years then a tiny rat like you whom he can extinguish in a second thinks he wants to teach God his work? Or he feels God doesnt know better so you want to take laws into your hands to teach your grand parents a lesson for their misdeeds?

Truly you have struck a bargain with Lucifer and this repercussion with shake you to your very core!

Our Lord Jesus Christ said turn the other cheek, and yet you are here trying to spread your evil to others?
You will reap every word, thought or evil act against the elderly that you have been part of, even if you just uttered a word to influence another person to act in evil upon the elderly you will reap it ten fold.

You will not be free till you seek forgiveness, now or in the here after.
FEAR OF THE LORD THY GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM

may u be a bad and evil grandparent like my paternal grandmother and may your grandchildren use you for money ritual Amen,
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by juman(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2017
I lived with my grand mother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~ / 17-Year-Old Girl Rescues Her 3 Sisters From Burning House In Anambra (Photo) / 5 Years After Divorce, Woman Returns To Ex-husband's House To Beat Up New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.