Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) (57100 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare's Daughter Wedding In London Today / Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 1:30am On Nov 22, 2009
SUMMARY OF 12 PAGES OF THE NEWS MAGAZINE

1", In Nigeria the worst of us are leading the best of us!,

2, Umaru yar'adua our first Nigerian graduate/lecturer president is a round peg in a square hole, he is totally unfit to lead this nation!,

3, Yar'adua could not careless whether Nigeria is sick or healthy as he is battling with his own health, an honest man would have thought that he owes his nation the duty to say that he does not have the mental capacity or the energy to continue to lead,

4, I am still watching and waiting to see where, this tree of ibori will fall, until those daylight robbers who have stolen this nation blind are dealt with don't listen to anyone who says there's a campaign against corruption,

5, The PDP will be derailed one of these days,

6, Bishop Oyedepo engages in occultic practices with all that mantle,oil,handkerchiefs etc.  I tore his books to shreds,

7, Any pastor who tells you that things will be tight for you because you don't pay tithe wants to cheat you, your contributions to any church should not be guided or programmed, unfortunately many church leaders go into projects God never asked of them and in the process make life difficult for their members,

8, Church service on sunday, special meeting on Monday and Tuesday, bible study on Wednesday, night vigil on Friday and house fellowship on Saturday, when are you going to live the life you are being taught?, that is the sign of apostasy it also shows that your leaders are only interested in the gospel of wealth!"

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Hesperus(m): 1:36am On Nov 22, 2009
Seriously? Hmm, Bakare is looking for trouble o, lol!

I quite agree with 7 & 8 tho. Religion, esp Christianity has been turned to get-rich-quick money-making schemes.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by DisGuy: 1:42am On Nov 22, 2009
6, Bishop Oyedepo engages in occultic practices with all that mantle,oil,handkerchiefs etc, i tore his books to shred,

Na wa where are those nairalanders shouting 'touch not my appointed or is it anointed'? come tell this pastor O!

church service on sunday, special meeting on monday and tuesday, bible study on wednesday, night vigil on friday and house fellowship on saturday, when are you going to live the life you are being taught?, that is the sign of apostacy it also shows that your leaders are only interested in the gospel of wealth!,

exactly their loudspeaker ang gyration is too much, im sure this leads to marriage failure as well, instead of working, looking after the family and resting some people are under pressure by DADDY(s) to organise this or that 24/7
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 1:44am On Nov 22, 2009
EXCERPTS OF THE INTERVIEW

Q: We’ve seen churches setting up universities with contributions from members, most of whom are unable to afford fees charged by these institutions. What do you make of this?

A: A good leader does not make unnecessary comments. And I’m not trying to say amongst thieves there must be honour. That’s not what I’m saying. I do not know where they got their resources from. It could be bank loans. They could have sourced funds to do it. I am not aware. If you have proof, let me know.
However, I was asked this same question by Newswatch. And I said it is not a new thing. Emory University was set up by the Methodist Church. Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, were all established through Christian initiatives, to raise the standard of education and create an environment that would not be permeated by occultism. That’s the reason for Christian initiative in education. If the government cannot deliver in that sector properly, private initiatives must place. And these universities don’t charge pittance.
But if these universities are missionary endeavours, they should have a human face to the extent that even pastors labouring in such ministries should enjoy some benefit and scholarship for their children. Because they labour side by side with you, I would think that’s what a normal, rational person would do. But these, if you examine them, are not missionary endeavours to raise the standard of education and to benefit people. I think they are just a business venture. And every man in business wants to maximise profit.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 1:55am On Nov 22, 2009
Q: You were once with the Redeemed Christian Church of God and you were among the youths who started the model parishes. Why did you leave?

A: I had kept quite hitherto. And because if you don’t let sleeping dogs lie and you don’t allow lying dogs to sleep, they will continue to bark. Let’s back-track. I got born-again on 24 September 1974 in the Baptist Church. I remained in the Baptist Church until I became a youth pastor. And if you go to Yaba Baptist Church, you will see my name on their plaque. While I was in there, I started attending Monday Bible study at Deeper Life, just to deepen my knowledge. Deeper Life was not a church then. And I stayed in Deeper Life for five years. While I was in the University of Lagos, I was attending Foursquare, being mentored by Dr. Odunaike. I knew him at close range, up to his bedroom. When Deeper Life started as a church, I was invited to be among the core leadership and I stayed there as national legal adviser for five years before I left for the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG.  My first visit to the Redeemed Church was on the first Sunday of March, 1984. It was my photographer who invited me. At that point in time, I had reached the point where I said I was tired of churches. It was as if what they were saying  and what they were doing were miles apart. I told myself I would not go to church any longer. I remember Brother Kumuyi sending for me and saying: ‘You left Deeper Life for the Redeemed Christian Church of God. You have just jumped from frying pan to fire.’ This is the first time I’m saying this in the open. I said if the fire burned me, I would warm myself in it because I was tired of what I was seeing here because I didn’t see them in scriptures. I didn’t get born-again in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. I didn’t get baptised in the Holy Ghost in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. I had served in leadership capacity in different churches ever before I came to the Redeemed Church. That’s why I say you can’t say I am one of the youths that started this. That is one.
Two, the first day I got to RCCG, Pastor Adeboye was looking for professionals. And when they said all God’s children should wait, I told my fiancee, now my wife, that they were talking to their members. And she said we should wait till the end. I sat there, at the back. Pastor Adeboye said: ‘That brother in blue white blue.’ I said: ‘Me?’ He said: ‘What’s your profession?’ I said: ‘I’m a lawyer.’ He told me to see him that day.
I was running away from responsibilities in the church and I ran into another one.  I went to see him and he said the church had some cases in court. I handled them free of charge. His approach was really gentlemanly and I thought I should give him a chance. That was how I started in that church. The first house I ever built in my life is at the Redemption Camp. I built it in 1986-87. I built it to just live there and serve God. I didn’t want to be a pastor. I’m a trained lawyer. I trained under Gani and trained under Rotimi Williams. I wanted to practise my profession. I had three things at the back of my mind in my life: to be a successful legal practitioner, to get to the peak of my career and to be a successful millionaire. And by 1986/87, I already had seven lawyers in my chambers, working full-time. I won my first Appeal Court case on my 21st day at the bar. I learnt under the masters. That’s why Gani’s death shook me. If you see some of the books Gani wrote, you will see my name in them. He dedicated some of them to me, to our industry while we were with him, before I crossed to Chief Rotimi Williams’ chambers and later to start my own practice. I was doing business. I brought Skoda into Nigeria. I had factories in Nigeria and I was doing well in international trade. I wanted to use both law and business to go into politics. That was my triangle. I feel lazy souls look for ways and means of manipulating people for what they cannot get through their own skills. God blessed what I was doing. And if it’s the other way round, time will tell because the records are there of my giving to the church. I remember my external auditor, Mr. Dupe Adubiaro, who is still in the Redeemed Christian Church of God and who is the chairman of their building committee in Festac. I took him to Redeemed. He’s my external auditor till today. He’s the one preparing my tax papers. He came one day and said at the rate you’re going, you will go bankrupt because every cheque I see is to the church. I said I don’t give people my money; I give it to God, whenever there is need in the house of God. Secondly, the vision for the model parishes was given to me, not to Pastor Adeboye, regardless of all propaganda and lies you have heard. It was on 3rd of May 1988 that God gave me the vision. There was no other person in the place where God gave it to me. I went to Ladipo Oluwole Street. And I have witnesses. One of them is dead, two are alive. Babalola, who was electrician in the church; Olufunlayo, who was the builder that built my house at the camp; and Olugbemi, a painter in that church, who has left now to start his own church. They were the three people I took to this building and we started. It was the fourth day and I said, wait a minute, I’ve not told Pastor Adeboye what God told me. And they took me in their car and we rushed to the camp and Pastor Adeboye came the following day. And when he saw what I was doing, he said: ‘What would you call this?’ God is witness and let God be the judge of every man in life. I said: ‘Sir, I have no desire to be a pastor. I received this vision that what you are doing can never catapult the gospel to the nations of the earth. Because everything is marooned in Ebutte Metta among the old (what they called classical). And it’s like reading the Bible upside down.’
I asked how we could reach the next generation and suggested that we should call this Model Parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. The concept then was to have one Model Parish in every city.
So, we did one in Lagos and we did one in Ibadan until 1 October 1988, when God said my time was up. And I told only two people that day. Tony Rapu and Niyi Adefowope, who were MC’s at my annual El-Shaddai Day for my chambers. And we do that El-Shaddai feast once a year. Instead of giving bribes to civil servants, I’ll call them together once a year, give them a feast and bless them. I’m writing my memoirs and one of the chapters is titled The Model Parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God: Fiction and Facts. If you have heard all kinds of lies and propaganda that were issued out, falsehood may go for years, when the arrow of truth shoots, there will be no trace of falsehood. That’s why I will mention persons and names so that these things can be verified at the right time. I left them when God said it was time to move. And I went to  Adeboye to tell him. And what he said to me, which we call the 14 points, are all written. He had a copy, I have a copy. That’s why when I publish my memoirs, you will not find me saying ‘I think God said’ and ‘I think this is it.’ I would tell you what happened.
I am a student of history and I am a lawyer by discipline. I’m not trying to expose anyone, but we better leave lying dogs to sleep or allow sleeping dogs to lie or else when they begin to bark, they will bite. I remember immediately I left, they quickly groomed Tony to take my position. One professional has gone, then another.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 2:05am On Nov 22, 2009
Q: President Umaru Yar’Adua is into his third year in office. How would you rate his performance?

A: That’s a question I wouldn’t even want to touch or answer because for the first time in my life as an adult, looking at his antecedents: his late brother, his father–a First Republic minister– and his level of education, I was so excited. But I must admit my humanity here that I was fooled. This is the first man I said I am willing to call my own president, looking at what he left behind in the treasury and his attitude to life. This is the first Nigerian graduate, not to mention a lecturer as head of state. Now, I’ve found out that the hood does not make the monk. Because if you ask me to rate him, I have only one rating: Umaru Yar’Adua, go home. You’re a round peg in a square hole; totally unfit in this day to lead this nation.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:14am On Nov 22, 2009
tunde is back grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Busybody2(f): 2:16am On Nov 22, 2009
Why does he want to burst a vein undecided Who snatched his wife undecided
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by No2Atheism(m): 2:21am On Nov 22, 2009
@gestapo

Can you please provide the link to the full interview . . . i want to read the interview myself and draw my own conclusions instead of reading it through you. . .
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 2:24am On Nov 22, 2009
No2Atheism:

@gestapo

Can you please provide the link to the full interview . . . i want to read the interview myself and draw my own conclusions instead of reading it through you. . .

This is the Current Edition of The News Magazine released 2 days ago.

http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/why-i-quit-redeemed-church/2009/11

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Busybody2(f): 2:32am On Nov 22, 2009
No2Atheism:

@gestapo

Hey i like you cheesy What a way of stating the fact that Gestapo is a blockhead tongue who can't relay messages properly, I was gonna voice the same feeling too, but i can't stand women and their PMS ish and was scared of her wrath lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 2:34am On Nov 22, 2009
Busy_body:

Hey i like you cheesy What a way of stating the fact that Gestapo is a blockhead tongue who can't relay messages properly, I was gonna voice the same feeling too, but i can't stand women and their PMS [i]ish[/i]and was scared of her wrath lipsrsealed

Olodo rabata Oshi. Anukpam, Anuofia !!!  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Busybody2(f): 2:36am On Nov 22, 2009
^^^Lol, I hit a nerve and truth is bitter right grin Nkita oshi cheesy
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by No2Atheism(m): 2:38am On Nov 22, 2009
gestapo:

This is the Current Edition of The News Magazine released 2 days ago.

Okay thank you , unfortunately i don't have access to the publication as we speak.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Busybody2(f): 2:40am On Nov 22, 2009
No2Atheism:

Okay thank you , unfortunately i don't have access to the publication as we speak.

Why are you being modest and polite, abeg let rip and get it off your chest jare cheesy
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 2:41am On Nov 22, 2009
No2Atheism:

Thank you for appreciating my effort to bring out this news hot and fresh, the total interview is not available online and im trying my best to bring them in bits, thanks again for appreciating our altruistic journalistic endeavour

God bless you !!!  grin grin grin

Busy_body:

^^^Lol, I hit a nerve and truth is bitter right grin Nkita oshi cheesy

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Busybody2(f): 2:48am On Nov 22, 2009
^^^ I can see Igwe has finally transferred the"Eze goes to school" and "Brighter grammar" to you cheesy Oyinbo no go finis today cheesy We go wash am oh grin 

I no no who she dey blow grammar for, bloody show off oshi, Jero, oka baba feeling funky angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by bawomolo(m): 3:02am On Nov 22, 2009
i guess the pentecoastal movement is going to be destroyed from the inside.

no.8 is a legitimate argument, lots of these church workers are used for free while their "daddys" are receiving visions of private jets.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 3:17am On Nov 22, 2009
Q: Many Nigerians are worried that the country is adrift. What are your fears about our nation?

A: I have no fears about our nation. What I have are concerns because fear itself is the antithesis of faith. And it is not that I’m trying to be super-spiritual or over-religious, but because I have faith in God that Nigeria will flourish again. I don’t entertain fears. But I have deep concerns because it appears that the worst set of people are often thrown up to steer the ship of the nation. They are either uncooked, untrained or just don’t care. So you have the worst of us leading the best of us. The problems that we have are not peculiar to Nigeria. But it appears the brightest in other nations have the frame of mind, the intellectual capacity, the energy, the resolve and the will to get results. They attack their problems and they begin to solve them. We have ours compounded and often, we just leave the substance and chase the shadow. That is my concern.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by OAM4J: 3:23am On Nov 22, 2009
check this link (But am not sure if u need to register before the site uploads - Registration is free, requires only username and email)

http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/why-i-quit-redeemed-church/2009/11
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by gestapo(f): 3:27am On Nov 22, 2009
Q: In an interview published a few months ago, you were unflattering in your assessment of today’s church, describing it as a theatre. Why did you do this?

A: You go to the theatre for amusement or relaxation. You want to be entertained. But the Church of Jesus Christ was not designed to be a theatre where one celebrity performs and the others are just spectators. In most churches today, one lone star rises and others come to watch him perform. That is not church the way Jesus established it. The purpose of the five-fold ministry that he handed over to the apostles, prophets, evangelists and pastors is to equip the saints for the work of the ministry so that they should only come here (church) to refuel and go out to actually carry out what they have learnt. If you run a church where on Sunday, people come for service; on Monday, they come for special meeting; on Tuesday, they come for another thing; on Wednesday, they have Bible study; on Friday, they have special prayer and on Saturday, they have house fellowship, where are they going to live the life? Everything is tied around the building. You know a good church if the building does not exist and the church continues. And I’m not trying to say one church is better than another. When they mention Latter Rain Assembly, what name comes to your mind? Tunde Bakare. When they mention the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, it is Adeboye. If they say Deeper Life, it is Kumuyi. That is not church. That is superstardom.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Busybody2(f): 3:30am On Nov 22, 2009
Pastors at war
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 22, 2009
so he was once an RCCG member?

Deeper Life too.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 22, 2009
church service on sunday, special meeting on monday and tuesday, bible study on wednesday, night vigil on friday and house fellowship on saturday, when are you going to live the life you are being taught?, that is the sign of apostacy it also shows that your leaders are only interested in the gospel of wealth!,

interesting point but some people want to live that way.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Beaf: 6:07am On Nov 22, 2009
I hope these guys take this battle to its logical end; full scale roforofo!
The bloody leaches have been taken so much from the poor and weak ones in society.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Jakumo(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2009
[size=18pt]Touch not my ANOINTED member[/size]. That job rests ONLY in the hands of vetted women.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On Nov 22, 2009
Isn't Bakare also guilty of some of what he accuses others of here?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by donjon: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2009
Most religious nigerians have been blinded into seeking miracles at the expense of their intelligence!

Then the pastors become super heroes & the people become heroe worshippers!
And everybody forgets about GOD.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by donjon: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2009
Most religious nigerians have been blinded into seeking miracles at the expense of their intelligence!

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by donjon: 9:55am On Nov 22, 2009

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by REALTRUTH1: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2009
There is no assessment of the Nigerian churches that can ever be truer(pardon my grammer) than this,,,Our pastors have made Christianity a religion that destroys ur ability to think,,,,,Meanwhile the Bible saya as a Man thinks in his heart so is he,,,,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong / The Lord Chosen Church Takes Praise And Worship To An Acrobatic Level / Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet Has Broken Down (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.