Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Stubborn Husband Finally Talks To Wife After Over Twenty Years Of Silence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stubborn Husband Finally Talks To Wife After Over Twenty Years Of Silence (813 Views)

Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) / Dion Osagie Writes Open Letter To Wife, Winifred After Battering Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stubborn Husband Finally Talks To Wife After Over Twenty Years Of Silence by gabonsky: 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
A man refused to speak to his wife for more than 20 YEARS because he was 'sulking'.

Father-of-three Otou continued to live with his wife and family, speaking normally to his children, but he never uttered a word to his long-suffering wife Katayama Yumi for two decades.

She spoke to her partner and addressed him as usual but to no avail - he would only nod or grunt in reply.

Revealing the reason behind his silence, the man said he was "jealous" of the attention his wife gave their children.

The bizarre problem came to light after the Japanese couple's 18-year-old son, Yoshiki, wrote into a TV show asking for help to reunite his parents.

He said he had never heard his parents speak since as far back as he can remember.

"My father doesn't talk to my mother but my mother talks normally to him," he explained on the show. "It's a one way chat."

His 21 and 25-year-old sisters could also not remember a time that they had ever heard their parents speak to each other.

Speaking on the TV show, which is understood to be filmed in the city of Nara, Southern Japan, the father explained his reasons for giving his wife the silent treatment.

He felt she was not giving him enough attention.

"When the kids were born my wife was very involved and busy in raising the kids. I was kind of... jealous. I was sulking about it. There's no going back now I guess," he added.

The Japanese show plotted to reunite the parents by arranging a meeting between them at the same park where they had their first date. And the strange situation had a talkative ending.

After visibly struggling, the father manages to utter a few words to his wife as they sit together on a bench in Nara Park.

As their children watch on and cry, Otou says, "Somehow it's been a while since we talked.
"You were so concerned about the kids.

"Yumi up until now, you have endured a lot of hardship. I want you to know I'm grateful for everything."

The pair promise their future together won't be so quiet.

Source: http://gabrielatanbiyi..com.ng/2017/01/stubborn-husband-finally-talks-to-wife.html

Re: Stubborn Husband Finally Talks To Wife After Over Twenty Years Of Silence by Lekison(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
Chisos!!!!! too bad
Re: Stubborn Husband Finally Talks To Wife After Over Twenty Years Of Silence by otipoju(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
20 years...how were they having sex?
Re: Stubborn Husband Finally Talks To Wife After Over Twenty Years Of Silence by gabonsky: 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
otipoju:
20 years...how were they having sex?
Do you need to talk when you want to have sex?[sub][/sub]
Re: Stubborn Husband Finally Talks To Wife After Over Twenty Years Of Silence by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
Foolishness at the highest order

(1) (Reply)

Do Old People Really Have This Habit Of Keeping Things That Are Not Useful ? / The Things That Unites Us / This Lady's Flexibility Is Just So Incredible (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.