Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? (1670 Views)

Profitable And Promising Agro Processing Investment Opportunity / Locally Fabricated Agro Processing Machines. E.g. Extruder Floating / ORDER YOUR AGRO Processing Machines(LOCALLY FABRICATED) In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hopefully, before mid year 2017 I plan to float my small Agro processing business but I have my little struggles and its somewhat depressing.
I have this Idea on partnering with new processors, I cant spill until i hear from Other processors to know if what i have in mind is a challenge to them as well.

I know Finances are a constraint to starting but how about getting

1. Equipments...Is this a challenge as well?
2. Having the right Packaging company that accepts MOQ of 1000
3. Starting From Home- is this acceptable by Nafdac

If you currently process food, Can you share how you Started and overcame challenges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by zinnos: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hi, I just started mine. U could email me @deborahfeyidada@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by kevwemanuel: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
zinnos:
Please can you give me more info on the cost of your packaging and the minimum quantity. my email.is: kevwemanuel@gmail.com
Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by noblehse(m): 3:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
Agro Processing is a good business and you must have passion for it to succeed,the challenges are so many, from getting the right equipment fabricator to packaging however it all depends on what you're proccessing.The biggest challenge is POWER and PACKAGING.
Most of the packaging company will not do anything less than 20,000,Nafdac will not approve anything manufacture from your home.
Check nafdac website to know their request.Am into same business in the last 18month and packaging hurdles.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
zinnos:

I sure will, but can you share tips so we all can learn here.

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
noblehse:
Agro Processing is a good business and you must have passion for it to succeed,the challenges are so many, from getting the right equipment fabricator to packaging however it all depends on what you're proccessing.The biggest challenge is POWER and PACKAGING.
Most of the packaging company will not do anything less than 20,000,Nafdac will not approve anything manufacture from your home.
Check nafdac website to know their request.Am into same business in the last 18month and packaging hurdles.
Good luck

Wao thanks for sharing...So in other words one needs to get a space outside of the home?
Is there no company who would accept under 2000 MOQ how can one handle this. Does this also apply to plastic packaging containers?

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by noblehse(m): 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
tfx2012:

Wao thanks for sharing...So in other words one needs to get a space outside of the home?
Is there no company who would accept under 2000 MOQ how can one handle this. Does this also apply to plastic packaging containers?

I believe you can get plastic container for under 2000 MOQ,as for my own packaging need and to compete with any of the products out there I will need Laminated BOPP materials with Gravure printing finishing which is very expensive.I tell you most of the processed food quality you see out there are not first class, they are all using packaging to sell their products
If you're using your home for production it has to be well demarcated from leaving area,which means it's not possible.
When I first invited nafdac to check my place it was rejected,your best bet is get a consultant to process it for you
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
noblehse:

I believe you can get plastic container for under 2000 MOQ,as for my own packaging need and to compete with any of the products out there I will need Laminated BOPP materials with Gravure printing finishing which is very expensive.I tell you most of the processed food quality you see out there are not first class, they are all using packaging to sell their products
If you're using your home for production it has to be well demarcated from leaving area,which means it's not possible.
When I first invited nafdac to check my place it was rejected,your best bet is get a consultant to process it for you
Cheers

Thank you once again... on the flip side what do you think about getting packaging and print done in China?
Can you point me to companies in lagos that handle label print?...I stay in Abuja, seems like we are still in the 70s and yet to catch up on things. Also can you give info on we're to get these plastic containers.
Like you said packaging right now is everything...and one should get it right from the word GO!

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by noblehse(m): 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
tfx2012:

Thank you once again... on the flip side what do you think about getting packaging and print done in China?
Can you point me to companies in lagos that handle label print?...I stay in Abuja, seems like we are still in the 70s and yet to catch up on things. Also can you give info on we're to get these plastic containers.
Like you said packaging right now is everything...and one should get it right from the word GO!

Yes you can get it done in China, loads of company doing better work and finishing than Nigerian company's but the problem is TRUST.
You can't trust this Chinese to deliver what you agreed on. I discuss few months ago with one of them and every day they keep changing the agreed MOQ from initial 15,000 to 300,000. Total cost almost a million Naira with black market exchange rate.
Almost all the Printing company can do quality label print anywhere in Nigeria,you have them plenty in Shomolu Lagos,also you can get your containers from Ojota in Lagos,all depends on quantity required
I still hope and plan to get my packaging from China if I can get referral from any satisfied customer
If you're ready I can link you up with my label printer .Get intouch on idnoble26@hotmail.com
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
noblehse:

Yes you can get it done in China, loads of company doing better work and finishing than Nigerian company's but the problem is TRUST.
You can't trust this Chinese to deliver what you agreed on. I discuss few months ago with one of them and every day they keep changing the agreed MOQ from initial 15,000 to 300,000. Total cost almost a million Naira with black market exchange rate.
Almost all the Printing company can do quality label print anywhere in Nigeria,you have them plenty in Shomolu Lagos,also you can get your containers from Ojota in Lagos,all depends on quantity required
I still hope and plan to get my packaging from China if I can get referral from any satisfied customer
If you're ready I can link you up with my label printer .Get intouch on idnoble26@hotmail.com
Cheers

Thank you so much for taking time to talk about this. I would get in touch as soon as I am ready.
Best regards

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by olutoyiin: 11:09am On Jan 11, 2017
Please those who are already into Agro processing should please drop some hints and tips for us aspiring agricpreneurs.
I also intend floating mine this year, apart from capital challenges im also stuck at getting the right packaging material.
Please I need all the help that I need, I believe the sky is big enough for us to fly.

3 Likes

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
olutoyiin:
Please those who are already into Agro processing should please drop some hints and tips for us aspiring agricpreneurs.
I also intend floating mine this year, apart from capital challenges im also stuck at getting the right packaging material.
Please I need all the help that I need, I believe the sky is big enough for us to fly.

True. I hope people share to help support new startups and save them financial cost of trial and error

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by anienge001: 5:53am On Jan 12, 2017
noblehse:

Cheers

Do you know of any glass manufacturing company in Nigeria? Looking at a product that may require glass jars. What are my options?

1 Like

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by noblehse(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2017
anienge001:

Do you know of any glass manufacturing company in Nigeria? Looking at a product that may require glass jars. What are my options?

Check out Glassforce ltd,Aba. and Beta Glass Plc Agbara,this are the two I can remember for now,Depends on what you're packing.

3 Likes

Re: Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2017
I know of Glassforce too but then for those jars like the ball jars consider recycled Bama Jars from Onitsha from enquiry cost under NGN 10(verify) and get a company to make new covers for you.

noblehse:

Check out Glassforce ltd,Aba. and Beta Glass Plc Agbara,this are the two I can remember for now,Depends on what you're packing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note / Worm Manure Turns Arid Land Into A Crops’ Paradise. / Haulage Trucks Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.