Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note (1671 Views)

6 Smart Tips To Increase The Body Weight Of Your Broiler Chicken / Must Know For Every Poultry Farmer: Hygiene And Cleanliness Of Chicken / Every Poultry Farm I Know Is Running At Loss Since April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Gadgetmobil(m): 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
*UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCES IN BROILERS TRAITS AND STRAINS*���

There have been confusion in the modern *Broilers* market as to which is the best of *Broilers* ; *COBB, ROSS or ARBOR ACRE (AA) *

Before any analysis, i want us to understand the great-grand-parents (Pedigree) of broilers.
:-�� Crosses of *CORNISH GIANT(male) ✖ PLYMOUTH ROCK(female)*.
In most cases, both are white to continue the lineage of white feather trait. The Cornish males are known to be broad breasted and tall, while the Rock females are known to be fast growers with evenly deposited muscle mass.
The cross of both gave a superb result ���� *BROILERS, BREEDERS AND PARENTS* ���

�� History, please read.

✅ *COBB®* is the first brand name company to start the crossing research of broilers for meat as far as 1916 in U.S, is known as the oldest company of broilers pedigree. Their history of broilers production serial as *Cobb, Avian, Sasso, Cobbsasso, Cobb500, Cobb700*

✅ *AVIAGEN®* is known as U.S company that rose up after Cobb to become the world largest research and supply of broilers pedigree having branches in America and Europe with several brand franchises. They supply pedigree to U.S based *Ross®*, U.K and European based *Arbor Acre®*, *Hubbard® and Indian River®* in Europe and Asia.

Key points:
All the modern broiler strains are just names from international companies that sell broilers breeders all over the world.

*COMMON BROILER STRAINS IN NIGERIA, Efficiency and Productivity.*��

✅ *COBB500* grows fast & tall, evenly distributed muscle mass, less fat, FCR 1.4 - 1.65 in 6wks, weight improvement when ME is above 3000 KCal at finisher stage. Looks like the Marshall but Marshall has bigger leg bone mass. *COBB700* is the latest and improved, scarce in Nigeria.

✅ *ROSS308* grows faster, more breast muscles, less fat, poorer FCR 1.7 - 2.2 in 6wks, no significant weight improvement above ME 3000 KCal, best result in a closed cold system or during winter, lowest immunity/survivability according to research and comparison. *ROSS708* is the improved strain but not yet in Nigeria. *ROSS808* is still under research

✅ *ARBOR ACRE (AA)* grows fast, evenly distributed muscle mass, less fat, FCR 1.6 - 1.9 in 6wks, ME range from 2900 KCal and above is able to give efficient result, better warm climate performance in comparison, highest immunity/survivability according to research in comparison. *ARBOR ACRE plus (AA+)* is the currently improved strain, scarce in Nigeria.

*CONCLUSION* ��
In the real sense from the absorbed and absolved information above, it now depends on individual farmer preference to choose which best fits for his/her farm management either in growth rate, tallness, FCR, ME, or survivability.
In general, all the broiler strains give equivalent weight at 6wks with Ross on increased margin but poorer FCR and survivability in modern broilers comparison.
Copied

For quality supply of Day Old Chicks, talk to Chicalittle on Whatsapp 07036814644.

We help guide you to a good choice
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by toxxnoni(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
How much ur CHI or Agrited now... Broiler
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Oroborchicken: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
toxxnoni:
OROBOR CHICKEN FARM PRICES FOR 24TH JANUARY, 2019

Get ₦7 off all DOC orders from 500. Minimum DOC order is 50 or a carton.
WHATSAPP 08133907721

Call; 08133907721, 08153815715

Our prices are as follows:
NOILERS: ₦125
BROILERS (DOC): Zartech - ₦280, Chi - ₦290, Nastech - ₦282, Fidan - ₦270, Agrited - 275

PULLETS (LAYERS DOC): Chi - ₦250, Zartech - ₦245, Agrited - ₦232.

White Cockerels (DOC) - ₦40, Black Cockerels - ₦150.

Local Turkey (Day Old) - ₦600 (Thursdays), Foreign Turkey - ₦1700.

POINT OF LAY: (16 - 17) weeks - ₦1400 (free shipping from 1000 birds)

Get free management guide and vaccination schedule on all your birds.
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Gadgetmobil(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
toxxnoni:

The average price of Broilers as at Yesterday market was N260.
Kindly chat me on Whatsapp 07036814644 for further details and Enquiry
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Shuaib90(m): 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2019
Pls everyone, I need an effective vaccination program for noilers/broilers ?
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Gadgetmobil(m): 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
I am sorry I don't do conventional so I might not be able to help, some one else could though.

Book for your Day Old Chicks
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Gadgetmobil(m): 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
Be informed
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Gadgetmobil(m): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2019
Good morning all.
The price of Broilers have been released from the Hatcheries @ N290.
Kindly call 08025460439 or whatsapp 07036814644 for immediate attention
Re: Understand Your Broiler Strains - Every Poultry Farmers Key Note by Gadgetmobil(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
Now you can book for your Day Old Chicks, Point of Lay and all other Poultry needs with ASSURANCE. No more fears of losing your money...just order by chicalittledotcomdotng(kindly replace dot with .)
Our Booking office is at Akinju Plaza,Ologuneru rd,Ibadan if you'd prefer a Physical verification.
Chicalittle...Poultry Simplified

(1) (Reply)

Haulage Trucks Needed / What Difference Between Palm Oil And Crude Palm Oil? / Agro-processing What Are Your Challenges?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.