Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Discuss: Why You Don't Know God Exists.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discuss: Why You Don't Know God Exists.. (486 Views)

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discuss: Why You Don't Know God Exists.. by benzics(m): 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
Could it be there is a god? - yes
I believe there is a god - cool
I know there is a god - you don't!

You don't know of any god! Yes you don't, I hate long posts though, so I'll try to be brief..

Saying you BELIEVE and you KNOW are two different things, I've been trying so hard to explain this to most Deists and Theists but it seems they don't get it...

be·lief
bəˈlēf/
noun
an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
"his belief in the value of hard work"
trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
"a belief in democratic politics"
synonyms: faith, trust, reliance, confidence, credence

knowl·edge
ˈnäləj/
noun
facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.
"a thirst for knowledge"
synonyms: understanding, comprehension, grasp, command, mastery; More
awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation.
"the program had been developed without his knowledge"
synonyms: awareness, consciousness, realization, cognition, apprehension, perception,

Deists and Theists claim it's logical for the universe to have a creator, so therefore, there is a god!. .. How the hell are facts founded, built and even finalized on "logic" alone?

Saying there is a god because it's logical is exactly same as saying the flying spaghetti monster is real because our earth and even testicles and eggs look like meat balls grin these are only assumptions, not fact...

Don't I think there might be a god?
By "god" I assume you mean "creator of the universe", yes, it's highly possible that there is a god, but one thing we know for sure, is that there is no heaven, no hell and no yahweh /allah or whatever.. That is a fact! Yes, fact!

And if it's possible that there is a designer of the universe, it's also possible that there is a designer of the designer of the universe, and yes, infinite regress.. That is the only "logical" conclusion..

I see deism as something far better than theism, but lately, it's like Deists ain't different from theists, or is it just the ones I see? Deism is supposed to be a BELIEF in a greater being (god), but recently it's like Deists are redefining deism, same way some theists are trying so hard to redefine atheism..

I was shocked when a Deist was telling me about god, really shocked, how could one be confident in explaining something he knows NOTHING about.. he even went as far as telling me HE KNOWS there is a god, not BELIEVE o, but he KNOWS..

That's the only thing that makes me wonder, are you guys okay? Ask theists who god is, and they'll tell you alot, they'll even tell you what he likes and dislikes, like what level of ignorance is that??

No one, I repeat, no one! Knows or can even define "god"

When I see people saying, "god has always existed", "he is outside time "," he created the universe " .. I just have these questions.

What proof do you have that God is a he?

What proof do you have that the universe was created by one god? (note am not making any claims)

Who told you god always existed?

Who told you god is outside time?
And so on...

To show how men derive pleasure in ignorance, they even went as far as creating theology, "the study of the divine"... how do you study something you know nothing about?

So many people have assumed that atheism is" the only illogical " thing.. Where in fact, it's the opposite!

Stop making claims of God, you don't know god, but if you think you know god, then answer the questions above and maybe we'll have a discussion, if you have no answer to the above questions, just know, even if you won't accept it, YOU DON'T KNOW GOD.. Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean I'll buy into the idea that a "god" did it... What I don't understand, I don't understand and I'll only try to understand!!

KingEbukasBlog, hahn, hopefulLandlord, felixomor ....

Pic : according to theists and Deists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discuss: Why You Don't Know God Exists.. by hopefulLandlord: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Discuss: Why You Don't Know God Exists.. by Richirich713: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
The pic refers to ontological argument for God, only theists use it not deists.

1 Like

Re: Discuss: Why You Don't Know God Exists.. by benzics(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Richirich713:
The pic refers to ontological argument for God, only theists use it not deists.
Noted

(1) (Reply)

"Lord, If it is your will to break Nigeria, break it up" - David Oyedepo / Power Of The Mind: The Wonders Of Creation & Patents For Duplication. / It’s All About Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.