Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt (31644 Views)

Is This True About People Working In Lagos? / Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Chineke Nna onye Onitsha. How on earth does a one bedroom flat go for 300k? Was it built with gold? On the average Lagos is not that expensive.
it's true.. . One bedroom flat is 250-300k at ogunabali
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2017
fratermathy:

Your logic is sound.

However, I wouldn't take the risk. I've heard and seen so many stories and events to make me believe that PH is very insecure. It's not like any other place in Nigeria is safer but I would better my odds by staying in a location where I feel safe.

I actually feel safer in Lagos than a lot of other places because i use the about 20 million people here as human shield grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=jeromzy post=52579656][/quote] all the places you listed out are in Rivers state but not port Harcourt.. .
It's like saying ikorodu is Ikeja....

3 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by jeromzy(m): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Chineke Nna onye Onitsha. How on earth does a one bedroom flat go for 300k? Was it built with gold? On the average Lagos is not that expensive.
my guy,opposite my house somewhere in Rumuodara Tony estate a one bedroom flat goes for #350,000.

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

I actually feel safer in Lagos than a lot of other places because i use the about 20 million people here as human shield grin grin grin
grin grin clown
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by fratermathy(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2017
ThuGnificenX:
You've heard... My friend if I hear ur voice again...
Since you haven't lived here, you have no reason to contribute.
I was born in Lagos and left when I was 25. So I know what sm talking about...

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Engrr(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2017
drpossibilities:

Thanks for your awesome and helpful contribution, but I hope the Ogunabali and Waterline you mentioned are not far from D Line? Secondly, how much is someone likely to get a nice two bedroom apartment in these areas (D Line, Ogunabali and Waterside). Thanks. You too much

Bros, these places are very close to D Line bur your salary range cannot get you a decent 2 bedroom in these areas as no decent 2 bedroom frat in these areas is below 600k and I don't see u spending more than 40% of ur salary in rent alone.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2017
jeromzy:
my guy,opposite my house somewhere in Rumuodara Tony estate a one bedroom flat goes for #350,000.
am thinking of relocating to the outskirts since I am mobile... I visited a friend at rukpoku and u need to see the clean standard 2 bedroom flat this guy stays for 300k...
I couldn't believe it... I just dey wait for my rent to expire grin

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by lielbree: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2017
Extremism:
Good morning All,

I currently live and work in Lagos. While I live in Surulere, I work on the Island and I earn about 140k monthly. I have just been transferred to Port Harcourt effective immediately but before I set out, I will like to get information as to whether it is a good move which will be favourable for me in terms of difference between cost of living in Lagos and Port Harcourt as well as cost of accommodation. Thirdly, for a person whose office is on D-Line, what areas will be advisable to get a suitable accommodation in Port Harcourt that won't take me up to 20 minutes to get to the office.

Please I need your inputs to help me plan my movement. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Co., help your guy move this post to the promised land and in this new year, God shall move you to the promised land. Thank you.
For accommodation in recommend either d/line or Oroworukwo. Though it's a bit expensive, it will ensure you don't suffer much traffic. Welcome to PH my home. Be sure to try agudama Street bole n fish. It's also within d/line

3 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 11:48am On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=fratermathy post=52579791][/quote]
I can see... Are u an ex cultist grin
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by fratermathy(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2017
ThuGnificenX:

I can see... Are u an ex cultist grin

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2017
infohenry:
But that is fact, 23yrs in port harcourt never encounter robbery or cultist but only on visit to lagos I was robbed.
25years in Lagos no problem.

went to port Harcourt lodged around eagle cement and got robbed.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by lielbree: 11:51am On Jan 06, 2017
comfortchemical:
U can stay in d line, ogunabali or waterline area. U go survive with your small salary, the difference between Lagos and PH not really much. Same as Lagos where u ve rich peeps and poor peeps area in surulere, also in portharcourt.
Abeg where poor people market for ph dey? In Lagos some areas for everyday commodities are cheap, in ph everywhere is expensive in the name of oil city sad

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by klevotino: 11:51am On Jan 06, 2017
nairaland has become Nigeria land.....if u need land, search nairaland, advise, virgin, disvirgin, job, online and off line shoping, afonja, ipoh, biafra, naija gist and gossive.....nairaland rich in obonga story........nairaland una weldone ooooo

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Engrr(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2017
ThuGnificenX:
Just have a budget of 250k for 1 bedroom flat or 180 for single room self contain if you'll be staying anywhere around dline.
And be informed that the rooms are tiny and can't accommodate more than 2 people.
I work at onne but I stay at odili road which is more expensive compared to dline.
You can stay at eliozu where they have more cheaper houses which is of standard. And t.Fare from eliozu to won't cost more that 300 naira daily to and fro.

250k cannot get a good 1 bedroom any where around D line

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by MORNDEW(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2017
cidieschat:
Am leaving phc, i have a furnished self contain to give out, with bed and wardrobe tiled, u may have it seriously. It will save u agent money, bla bla bla. Try contacting me. Location is Abuloma close to the nesoil company. Quiet residential area.

Quote me and ill give u my number.
Can you sell only the bed? How much ND how many inches?

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
25years in Lagos no problem.

went to port Harcourt lodged around eagle cement and got robbed.
Over 25 years in Lagos and i've never been robbed. meanwhile, everybody i have come in contact with has one story of being robbed or the other. I just think it depends on luck and your movement.

5 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=fratermathy post=52579901][/quote] tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Claumy2(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2017
fratermathy:
All I know is that Port Harcourt is not as safe as Lagos. Lagos has its own share of insecurity but that of PH is on a whole different level entirely. Cultism, gangsterism, robbery, violence etc, are far too much.

As for cost of living, it all depends on the area you intend staying. Generally though, houses in Port Harcourt are more expensive than houses in Lagos (except highbrow areas).

Cost of living is higher in PH than Lagos.

...perhaps you are writing because you hate Port Harcourt...
If you know Port Harcourt and Lagos, you wouldn't have written the above...
So ask questions for clarifications...

3 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 11:54am On Jan 06, 2017
Engrr:

250k cannot get a good 1 bedroom any where around D line
I said... ANYWHERE AROUND DLINE tongue tongue tongue
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Omudia11: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2017
Lol...you have obviously never stayed in PH. A hotel of the same quality or standard in PH will be a lot more expensive than its counterpart in Lagos. Cost of living is generally more expensive too.
madenigga:
Ph is cool nd cheap compared to Lagos.
Everything in Lagos is expensive from hotels to drinks.

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

you smoke bomb? a room here in festac cost 150k. and you'll share toilet and kitchen. if you need both rooms you pay 300k.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by fratermathy(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2017

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by lielbree: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2017
ThuGnificenX:
am thinking of relocating to the outskirts since I am mobile... I visited a friend at rukpoku and u need to see the clean standard 2 bedroom flat this guy stays for 300k...
I couldn't believe it... I just dey wait for my rent to expire grin
Rukpoku? Hope your work place, kids school church etc is around that area, or else get ready to be sleeping in traffic daily.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Gfish: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2017
PH is an advanced Lagos,
1. more traffic 2. ph babes finer than unilag babe 3 they more expensive too 4. rent na die 5. lagosians groan gas is 4500 now. na normal price for ph since 2years now. 6. higher insecurity 7. no gentleman. try no find trouble 8. yo will have fun though.....goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by fratermathy(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2017
Claumy2:

...perhaps you are writing because you hate Port Harcourt...
If you know Port Harcourt and Lagos, you wouldn't have written the above...
So ask questions for clarifications...

Seriously, my writeup wasn't provoked by hatred. I have family and friends living there and I know how many times I beg them everyday to move elsewhere.

The things youths do in PH can make the devil shout Blood of Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Omudia11: 11:58am On Jan 06, 2017
This is false.
fratermathy:

So how then is Lagos safer than Port Harcourt?

Guy kpomkpi there. We know how e de go. PH wey boys fit use you do shege because of small thing.

Even the leaders there all belong. Every LG is controlled by a gangster.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
you smoke bomb? a room here in festac cost 150k. and you'll share toilet and kitchen. if you need both rooms you pay 300k.
So, 150k and 300k are the same thing?
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Over 25 years in Lagos and i've never been robbed. meanwhile, everybody i have come in contact with has one story of being robbed or the other. I just think it depends on luck and your movement.
true.

besides, isn't funny they are comparing the whole of Lagos to just port Harcourt?

why not ph to ikeja?

I went with 3 other engineers to a site, just because we brought hilux we had to pay.

it was reduced because one of us is a bayelsa man.

Lagos is farrrrrrr more secured compared to rivers period.

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by stanisbaratheon: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
Getting an apartment in town will be awesome
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
lielbree:

Rukpoku? Hope your work place, kids school church etc is around that area, or else get ready to be sleeping in traffic daily.
yea I know about the traffic issue and it seems this govt is doing something about road expansion.
And there are other developing areas with good buildings.. .
Am weighing the options tho...
People are moving out of the big city cos of congestion.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

So, 150k and 300k are the same thing?
300k for a room flat. it has back door. so 2 people can pay 150k each and lock the middle door till thy kingdom come.

same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting / Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.