Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt (31656 Views)

Is This True About People Working In Lagos? / Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by fratermathy(m): 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by fippycbk(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
Going through the posts, you guys are comparing a state (Lagos) to a city (Port Harcourt)...

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
Congrats, Ask For A Raise. 1 Bedroom flat with water system in d line goes for 350k a yr. alternatively you can live at ogbunabali,diobu or borokiri. rent is much cheaper, security not guaranteed. hope madam is relocating too, u dont want d gals to give u std.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
fippycbk:
Going through the posts, you guys are comparing a state (Lagos) to a city (Port Harcourt)...
you can imagine.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
Congrats, Ask For A Raise. 1 Bedroom flat with water system in d line goes for 350k a yr. alternatively you can live at ogbunabali,diobu or borokiri. rent is much cheaper, security not guaranteed. hope madam is relocating too, u dont want d gals to give u std.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by MrCyril(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
ThuGnificenX:
yea I know about the traffic issue and it seems this govt is doing something about road expansion.
And there are other developing areas with good buildings.. .
Am weighing the options tho...
People are moving out of the big city cos of congestion.
come and rent one of my flats, u will enjoy it. 08032765549
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
People that haven't been to PH in their life writing trash about Port Harcourt. Some don't even know the difference between Port Harcourt and Rivers State, but they'll be the first to give advice. There's never in the history of Nigeria that Lagos has been safer than Port Harcourt. Look at the crime rate statistics before you get misinformed by the trash most people have been brain washed with by political media here. I'd advice you look for a house in D-Line

5 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by cidieschat(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
MORNDEW:

Can you sell only the bed? How much ND how many inches?

It's a big bed, not a foam oh... Come over whatsapp.

https:///9LZSe5wkqDRFrc6pLA0L6h

I don't want my number here.. Am not asking u to pay me money. Am giving u a place. Shikina.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
Kulas:
They are almost the same.Meanwhile if u are single and not intend to go into marriage soonest,then why can't you forget about two bedroom,go for cheaper accomodation and save the money for investments or any alternative source of income.

I'm married with a daughter.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Jemc(m): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
Transportation fare is not costly in PH. You can get a one bedroom around ADA George @ 180, 2 bedroom @ 300k-350k. T fare from ADA GEORGE to DLINE is #300 to and fro, some 200 if you combine Taxi and Danfo

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ahamonyeka(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
I rather lagos maybe because am used to lagos.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ImoRiver: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2017
Port Harcourt is not a large city as Lagos hence you can get to work from any part of the city to D-Line in less than 20 minutes using a bike.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
OP.
There is no place you cannot stay no matter how insecure it is. Just play by the rules. 16 yrs in Lagos and presently staying in Port Harcourt (over ten years now) Each area has its own peculiarities and challenges. For me, Dline will be fine for you. Just avoid late nights and local joints.

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by BestySam(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
haske7:
Bros I seriously feel for you cos u are coming to a gangsters paradise. Just make sure u limit or don't even hang out at all especially GRA and Romola axis. Keep a low profile and lie low. Make sure u don't live ain't an ikwerre man's house it's receipt for disaster. And avoid buying anything Land especially if u are not from rivers they are crooks and will resell to u an encumbered Land. IN FACT BEWARE OF IKWERRE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're under a spell. This is the most stupid and idiotic thing I've ever heard.

3 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
It is Rivers state not Port Harcourt state, why do ppl always make this mistake

3 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
MrCyril:
come and rent one of my flats, u will enjoy it. 08032765549
Hmmm... My rent go expire Nov... I'll give u a call tho...
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
fippycbk:
I don talk am
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Rori(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
ThuGnificenX:
bros... U don't know the difference between a state and a capital? shocked
We are talking about port Harcourt here not the entirety of Rivers state
Lol dem no sabi anything! Political wawas
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
kaeforum:
Congrats, Ask For A Raise.
1 Bedroom flat with water system in d line goes for 350k a yr.
alternatively you can live at ogbunabali,diobu or borokiri.
rent is much cheaper, security not guaranteed.
hope madam is relocating too, u dont want d gals to give u std.

Don't worry about that. I'm married with a daughter and of course, I'm relocating with Both. Madam no go even allow me relocate alone. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by homenje73: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
@140k men with families are living and surviving in PHC, It all depends on what YOU want.
PHC is not cheap at all in any way when you compare it with LOS especially the transportation.
However, since your work station is at D-line, you can check out the houses around NTA,Adageorge,Iwofe,Mugboba Rumukwuta Road etc axis.
You can get 2 bedroom in these axis between 300 to 400k. 1 bedroom around 200k-250k.
Woji is another fine and secured neighborhood, but a bit expensive .

Good Luck

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Claumy2(m): 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
fratermathy:

Seriously, my writeup wasn't provoked by hatred. I have family and friends living there and I know how many times I beg them everyday to move elsewhere.

The things youths do in PH can make the devil shout Blood of Jesus!

Brother, in terms of house rent, it is relative (both in Lagos and Port Harcourt).
I know that in Lagos house rent is on the high side even when the house and.or apartment is nothing to write home about. The agent fee, agreement which they will never make available and one annoying thing they call *damage/caution fee*. Lagos is a very dangerous terrain. Thieves here and there. Agbero everywhere, unnecessary disturbances.. Insecurity is still very high here...

youths, here, in Lagos do worse things than what is seen in Port Harcourt...
Satan has even relinquish his position to them - the youths in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by achu442(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
[b]cost of living in porthacourt is higher than the cost of living n lagos hit like if u believe that[/b]

Its not true.I have lived in Portharcourt for over 20 years.i just relocated to lagos cos of my job in 2014.Bro its not so.Cost of living in Lagos is higher than that of portharcourt.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Adedeji013(m): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
Just pray to get a safer place to live in PH, the state is sick and filled with cultists.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by HopeAtHand: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fratermathy and haske7, God punish the two of you.

Land is the centre of gangsterism, PH is cool and easy and livable. OP i suggest you live within Dline or Ogbunabali, it will save you stress and time. PH is kul.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Akosh01: 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
I fink borno is far beta
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by fratermathy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
HopeAtHand:
Fratermathy and haske7, God punish the two of you.

Land is the centre of gangsterism, PH is cool and easy and livable. OP i suggest you live within Dline or Ogbunabali, it will save you stress and time. PH is kul.

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
Please it all depends on you and what you are going for. D/line is a very nice place to be though expensive. A good seren for anything, be it work, relaxation or child rearing if you can afford it. Well structured (the 1st GRA in PH). Mostly built by whites.

The challenge is the difficulty in securing an apartment there because it has more official buildings than living apartments.

It's at the center of port Harcourt township, very close to the market (Mile One), government house(port harcout mall), State Judiciary, Issac Boro Park, etc. All these mentioned places are just a matter of 'a drop', which might not be same from other areas being suggested ; except Ogbunabali, whch is across the tard, just opposite or garrison.

Lived there for years and enjoyed it.
Note that a lot of touts disguise and live within houses, but don't be scared because they only monitor people b4 acting. That was why I said that it all depends on you and your purpose. Mind your job.

It might interest you to note that Ogbunaba, which is the nearest...

I rest my case.
Don't even know whether opp will see or read my post.
Bye for now.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by stpat1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
Just get a place in Abuloma. Its must 1 cab ride to garrison and then you stroll to your Dline.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by moneyhungry(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2017
fratermathy:

All I know is this: Port Harcourt is insecure and highly volatile. Just because you have no experience doesn't mean people are not dying daily in Ikwerre, ObioAkpor, Oyigbo, Eleme, etc, LGAs. Na God de protect person.

Im not saying Lagos is safe. Lagos is far from safe. However, insecurity is much higher in PH tank Lagos.
you don't know PH or Lagos too well.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by iiiyyyk(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
fratermathy:
All I know is that Port Harcourt is not as safe as Lagos. Lagos has its own share of insecurity but that of PH is on a whole different level entirely. Cultism, gangsterism, robbery, violence etc, are far too much.

As for cost of living, it all depends on the area you intend staying. Generally though, houses in Port Harcourt are more expensive than houses in Lagos (except highbrow areas).

Cost of living is higher in PH than Lagos.

For sure u don't live in PH and may be have not been there b4
As far as Nigeria is concern, Lagos is only safer than borno and eviron do not be decieved

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by iiiyyyk(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by ideology(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
guy move asap, PH is better, though it apears surulere to island is not too far, but You will defintely enjoy PH than Lagos, I can bet on that
Extremism:
Good morning All,

I currently live and work in Lagos. While I live in Surulere, I work on the Island and I earn about 140k monthly. I have just been transferred to Port Harcourt effective immediately but before I set out, I will like to get information as to whether it is a good move which will be favourable for me in terms of difference between cost of living in Lagos and Port Harcourt as well as cost of accommodation. Thirdly, for a person whose office is on D-Line, what areas will be advisable to get a suitable accommodation in Port Harcourt that won't take me up to 20 minutes to get to the office.

Please I need your inputs to help me plan my movement. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Co., help your guy move this post to the promised land and in this new year, God shall move you to the promised land. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / 5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.