Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

How To Never Forget The Correct Order Of The Electromagnetic (EM) Spectrum Again - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Never Forget The Correct Order Of The Electromagnetic (EM) Spectrum Again (593 Views)

Stop Saying ‘hello’ When Someone Calls You- See The Correct Word And 13 Others / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Never Forget The Correct Order Of The Electromagnetic (EM) Spectrum Again by Olamilekan08(m): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2017
In school (and other areas of life) it is one thing to understand a topic and it’s another thing to give accurate details when asked in an exam. It is due in part, to the fact that we have a lot of academic works to cover in more or less a short period before exams. If you have had difficult times choosing the right answer to questions on the correct order of Electromagnetic spectrum then you have companions. High number of candidates score zero on this kind of question. In JAMB, WAEC, NECO and other standard exams, every year, examiners randomly pick not less then four (4) of the seven (7) common EM radiations and ask candidates to arrange them in a specified order. Read the following conversation attentively and you will not only remember their correct order, you will also know them inside out confidently!

PLEASE NOTE!!! Ensure you read up the topic in your textbook and understand it well before you apply my opinion below as this would be your true memory!

A conversation between an old woman and her grandson.

Grandma: Good day my son, how was your trip?

Jersey: Fine, thank you

Grandma: You’re welcome. and how is your girlfriend, where is she?

Jersey: Oh she is now my Ex-girlfriend. We’ve stopped seeing each other a long time ago

Grandma: what are you saying? I’m asking about Viola please.

Jersey: Of course I know. Viola is too Violent I can’t tolerate her anymore.

Grandma: you are wrong, the girl was so nice to me the last time she visited and I don’t see any sign of violence in her

Jersey: well it’s clearly Visible to me even from her Red eyeballs. I became tired and sick of her the day she threw my Microwave against the wall and shattered into pieces. I managed to escape with only me Radio, you know I love radio very much.

Though they are fictitious names it would be an added bonus if you imagine yourself to be one of the characters.

As you would have noticed, the bold words are associated with the original EM radiations.

Grandma = gamma rays

Ex-girlfriend = X-rays

Violent = ultraviolet rays

Visible = visible light

Red = infrared rays

Microwave = micro-waves

Radio = radio waves

Congratulations you have memorised the EM spectrum from highest energy/shortest wavelength to lowest energy/highest wavelength!

How best our memories retain information longer by IMAGINATION and ASSOCIATION! Imaginative association is a good aid to your true memory -that you have actually seen, read, and/or heard- such information before.

To make the above more lively EXAGGERATE the actions. Imagine your girlfriend threatening you with broken bottle, clearly visible from her red eyeballs she’s determined to kill you! Who wanna live with that kind of a woman?

Got other easy ways? PLEASE share with us. Thank you!
https://eneyellowacademy.com/2016/12/24/remember-the-correct-order-of-the-em-spectrum/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Fatal/gastly, Fruit/fruits And Bride Price/dowry / How To Conduct Academic Research From Scratch / Protest In FUOYE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.