Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? (800 Views)

How To Self-publish Your Book With Origami Books / Where Can I Publish My Poems For People To Read And Also Gain Recognitions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? by PurpleHouse(m): 7:38am On Jan 06, 2017
Hi guys, I have a non-fiction book I've just finished writing, but due to the high price of printing and publishing it, I've decided to just turn it to an Audio book. I have an almost free access to a studio of a friend of mine, now, my problem is: is it advisable to do an Audio book before doing the paper publishing subsequently as the book gain popularity?

it's a Motivational book, about 200 pages, and I just want to get it out there to the audience as soon as possible. But like I said, due to shortage in cash right now, I feel I just just get an ISBN and do Audio book for the time being.

what do you think guys?
Am I good to go?

Please all the experience professionals in the house help out.

Cheers!

Cc: lalasticlala. ishilove.

Re: About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2017
You didn't even say an e-book and publish on okadabooks, you're talkingof Audiobooks. You have to consider the kind of market you're targeting...Will they be willing and ready to purchase an audiobook?
Re: About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? by PurpleHouse(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
You didn't even say an e-book and publish on okadabooks, you're talkingof Audiobooks. You have to consider the kind of market you're targeting...Will they be willing and ready to purchase an audiobook?

I have my reasons for avoiding ebooks for now, too many leakages and thereabout. I choose Audio book because of the kind of marketing strategies I have outlined for my jobs. I just want to get it right, need more insights, thanks mate.

more advice pls
Re: About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? by PurpleHouse(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2017
By the way, do Nigerians really buy ebooks? Are they sellable and viable down here? Yes, I do buy ebooks online, but I feel we are very few in this part of this work who do this. Dunno, just curious! what do I know?
Re: About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? by PurpleHouse(m): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2017
www.naijastories.com/2015/08/nigerians-not-buying-ebooks/
This just sums it all up, as regards selling ebooks in Nigeria.
Re: About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? by PurpleHouse(m): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2018
except for Amazon there are not many platforms out there to sell eBooks in Nigeria! Correct me if I'm wrong!

(1) (Reply)

Found My Poetic Side: I Think / Script Writer Need Buyers And Someone To Take Him As His Writer. / Ur Personal E-mails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.