Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club (47257 Views)

Pictures Of Koby Bryant And His Beautiful Family As The World Mourns Him. / Mikel Obi Pictured Cycling With His Family As They Vacation In Maldives / Kenneth Omeruo Pictured Training With His Chelsea Teammates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by onokings(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
When they were saying that Mikel will join Marseille, Valencia, I knew that the unambitious Mikel will go Chinese.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ximenez:
Why are some people calling him a Chelsea legend? someone even said he's more successful than Steven Gerrard. I don't have much to tell you but I'll let you know that Mikel contributed 1 goal and 10 assists in 11 years for Chelsea in the premier league.

MIKEL'S PERSONAL LETTER TO YOU MR XIMENEZ

After ten years, 374 appearances and eleven trophies, it is time to say goodbye.

Where do I begin? I joined Chelsea as a 19-year-old kid from the Norwegian Premier League, making my debut in the Community Shield. I say goodbye as a champion of England, a champion of Europe, and proud captain of my national team.

To play in the Premier League, the best league in the world, is every professional player's ambition. But to play for Chelsea, to become part of the Chelsea family, to work with some of the best managers and players in the world, has truly been an honour.

Every achievement I have been part of in my time at Chelsea holds a special memory: my first goal, against Macclesfield in 2007 (even though there were only five more after that!). The nail-biting end of the 2010 season - securing the title on the last day, scoring a record 103 goals in the process, and winning the FA Cup a week later. Didier's extra time winner against Manchester United in the 2007 FA Cup Final. Beating two of our biggest London rivals in League Cup finals. Winning the Europa League in Amsterdam, with one of the last kicks of the game.

Then there was Munich. We were desperate to make up for the disappointment of the 2008 final, but trailing with two minutes to go, against Bayern, in their own stadium, it seemed that once more luck was against us. But that night, with lions on our chest and the fans behind us, we fought. Up popped Didier, the rest is history, and to date we're still proudly the only team in London with a European Cup.

None of this would have been possible without the wider club's support. To Mr Abramovich, the club's staff, coaches, physios, and to the managers I played under at Chelsea, I want to say thank you.

But my biggest thanks must go to the Blues fans. You brought me into the Chelsea family, you sung my name, and were there with us every step of the way. Thanks to your support, on nights like in Munich, you made the impossible possible.

As you will know, I haven't featured as much this season as I would have liked, and at 29 I still have many years in the game ahead of me. With this in mind, I feel now is the time to seek a new challenge. I'm delighted to be joining Tianjin TEDA in China, at a time that the Chinese Super League is really taking off, and I look forward to helping Tianjin TEDA continue to grow both on and off the pitch in the next few years.

To everyone at Chelea - goodbye, and thank you. You will always be part of who I am, and I wish you the best of luck. I could not be happier to be saying goodbye with the club back where it belongs - top of the league.

Keep the Blue flag flying high!

Mikel John Obi

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Emjay1310(m): 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Go and add more money to yr pocket my broda. Make sure u learn how Chinese business runs so that you will continue with business when u come back home o. Life in Nigeria starts when u stop playing football. Good luck man
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by onatisi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2017
sandrahnaub:
Wait....does that mean he has left Chelsea undecided cry[color=#006600][/color] cry
Not really ,he just extended his contract with them.till 2023
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Ximenez(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
byrron:

MIKEL'S PERSONAL LETTER TO YOU MR XIMENEZ

After ten years, 374 appearances and eleven trophies, it is time to say goodbye.

Where do I begin? I joined Chelsea as a 19-year-old kid from the Norwegian Premier League, making my debut in the Community Shield. I say goodbye as a champion of England, a champion of Europe, and proud captain of my national team.

To play in the Premier League, the best league in the world, is every professional player's ambition. But to play for Chelsea, to become part of the Chelsea family, to work with some of the best managers and players in the world, has truly been an honour.

Every achievement I have been part of in my time at Chelsea holds a special memory: my first goal, against Macclesfield in 2007 (even though there were only five more after that!). The nail-biting end of the 2010 season - securing the title on the last day, scoring a record 103 goals in the process, and winning the FA Cup a week later. Didier's extra time winner against Manchester United in the 2007 FA Cup Final. Beating two of our biggest London rivals in League Cup finals. Winning the Europa League in Amsterdam, with one of the last kicks of the game.

Then there was Munich. We were desperate to make up for the disappointment of the 2008 final, but trailing with two minutes to go, against Bayern, in their own stadium, it seemed that once more luck was against us. But that night, with lions on our chest and the fans behind us, we fought. Up popped Didier, the rest is history, and to date we're still proudly the only team in London with a European Cup.

None of this would have been possible without the wider club's support. To Mr Abramovich, the club's staff, coaches, physios, and to the managers I played under at Chelsea, I want to say thank you.

But my biggest thanks must go to the Blues fans. You brought me into the Chelsea family, you sung my name, and were there with us every step of the way. Thanks to your support, on nights like in Munich, you made the impossible possible.

As you will know, I haven't featured as much this season as I would have liked, and at 29 I still have many years in the game ahead of me. With this in mind, I feel now is the time to seek a new challenge. I'm delighted to be joining Tianjin TEDA in China, at a time that the Chinese Super League is really taking off, and I look forward to helping Tianjin TEDA continue to grow both on and off the pitch in the next few years.

To everyone at Chelea - goodbye, and thank you. You will always be part of who I am, and I wish you the best of luck. I could not be happier to be saying goodbye with the club back where it belongs - top of the league.

Keep the Blue flag flying high!

Mikel John Obi
Is Mikel a world class player?

Is Steven Gerrard a world of class player?

To be answered by those that are concerned.
Out of those 374 appearances, only i and some few Chelsea fans know how many were off the bench and how many were in the 80+ minutes.

Stephen Gerrard was very close to winning the Ballon di'or, and he was in the final 5 several times, only God knows how far away Mikel is from that award and someone said Mike is more successful than Gerrard because he has more trophies. But i love to put it this way, Mikel was at Chelsea when Chelsea won those trophies.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by onatisi(m): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
onokings:
When they were saying that Mikel will join Marseille, Valencia, I knew that the unambitious Mikel will go Chinese.
so Oscar too is unambitious
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Ximenez(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
onatisi:
so Oscar too is unambitious
yes he is and he's greedy too, we've already discussed that on Goal.com.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Ximenez(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
onokings:
What will you do, if you see Mikel on the Chinese bench? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Mightyraw(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ximenez:
Why are some people calling him a Chelsea legend? someone even said he's more successful than Steven Gerrard. I don't have much to tell you but I'll let you know that Mikel contributed 1 goal and 10 assists in 11 years for Chelsea in the premier league.
Dis one is clearly mad

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Unimaginable123: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
Candycrusher:
Mikel should have joined real Madrid or barca
and bench who?
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ximenez:

[s]Is Mikel a world class player?

Out of those 374 appearances, only i and some few Chelsea fans know how many were off the bench and how many were in the 80+ minutes[/s].

Mikel just tendered his CV along with his accomplishments and you that can't even make the reserve bench of your street monkey post team has the effrontery to criticize someone that has played at the highest level of the game?

Can you post your CV here along with your years of accomplishments in your field of endeavor so we can compare and contrast?

That is what equity is all about!

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mightyraw:

Dis one is clearly mad

He is in a more advanced stage that is higher than madness.
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by jakpowa: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
sad sad sad
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by skedman(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
byrron:

Poor people always assume they know better than someone that is successful yet they still remain poor.

I'm sure Hulk, Oscar, Ramirez, Tevez and co are also Igbos?

Hunger truly impares reasoning as exemplified by your crass ignorant comment above!
I guess you are the one with the low thinking faculty here. Every right thinking person will always want to no why he as made such decision,that is why i choosed two option money and career . I no that you just read the topic or probably some part of the book you are quoting. Intelligent people view the future and not the present. I already no the type of person you are, you are not intelligent at all. I also doubt , if you are below average but never mind . My candid advise is for you to always think before writing a word .it will help you in the long run. I am 100 percent sure that you are poor because it all written in your words . Kindly quote me wrong if it is true .
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by KingHB: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Congrats Mikel
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Nollyvin(m): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ximenez:

Is Mikel a world class player?

Out of those 374 appearances, only i and some few Chelsea fans know how many were off the bench and how many were in the 80+ minutes.

Stephen Gerrard was very close to winning the Ballon di'or, and he was in the final 5 several times, only God knows how far away Mikel is from that award and someone said Mike is more successful than Gerrard because he has more trophies. But i love to put it this way, Mikel was at Chelsea when Chelsea won those trophies.

How many trophies did Gerrard win? No matter how u look at it, Mikel is more successful than him trophy wise..

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by vickeybrown92(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
Eyaaa sowi come and take biscuits
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
skedman:
I guess you are the one with the low thinking faculty here. Every right thinking person will always want to no why he as made such decision,that is why i choosed two option money and career . I no that you just read the topic or probably some part of the book you are quoting. Intelligent people view the future and not the present. I already no the type of person you are, you are not intelligent at all. I also doubt , if you are below average but never mind . My candid advise is for you to always think before writing a word .it will help you in the long run. I am 100 percent sure that you are poor because it all written in your words . Kindly quote me wrong if it is true .

It took you over an hour to come up with this first award winning gibberish of the year as your response to the questions I asked you using your poverty induced analysis.

Are you implying that playing the game in other league with a pay rise after playing at the highest level in Europe for over a decade was a wrong decision or are you also insinuating that someone that has played at the highest level and won trophies has not advanced in his career?

WTF are you smoking?

You had the guts to call an accomplished footballer a Igbo for making his own decisions and you think your comment wasn't as a result of malfunctioning of the brains as a result of hunger?

I doubt if you even know what career is all about.

You need to see a nutritionist ASAP, your problem is nothing but malnutrition

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by AkinPhysicist: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
ireneony:
Never liked him..he was just a bench warmer
angry

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by phynofino: 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
Congrats bro! I love You Mikel and will always rep You
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by sandrahnaub(f): 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
curiositymaster:

No, he only went sight-seeing
[q
onatisi:

Not really ,he just extended his contract with them.till 2023
uote author=Funjosh post=52581304]

No o.......................... He has right Chelsea cheesy[/quote] oniranu
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
sandrahnaub:
[quote author=Funjosh post=52581304]

No o.......................... He has right Chelsea cheesy oniranu
Emi ko lo sobe oo
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Miggs(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nollyvin:

How many trophies did Gerrard win? No matter how u look at it, Mikel is more successful than him trophy wise..
Was John Obi Mikel a key player when chelsea fc won all those trophies?Was he a major contributor to the teams winning all those trophies?How many authentic chelsea supporters in london can name the trophy winning teams Mikel played in without googling it?For example,the last premier league trophy chelsea won in the 2014/2015 season wasnt Mikel only being sent to the pitch to shore up the defence 5 minutes to the end of different matches?Mikel hasnt played for chelsea in the past 5 months how many authentic chelsea supporters in london did you hear complaining about Mikel not playing?Didnt you see the questions pep had to consistently answer when he wasnt playing Yaya?Goodluck to Mikel in China but i dont believe he has any business playing for the super eagles anymore.Lets stop celebrating mediocrity

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by sheylarhh(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ximenez:
wot is ur problem with Mikel, just free d dude and stop downgrading him, d same thrash u were saying on d oda thread, don't repeat it here.... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by tibro(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
week? How do these clubs get money?
On elclassico night, Barcelona usually makes $ 40 000 000. On ticket sales alone. When add Media, Jessy and other sales, every thing will come up about 100 million dollars just for that game only.
Football is so much money

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by zagadat1: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
£140000 a week? Mikel this na China and dey no suppose pay you less than £300000 per week ask oscar,tevez,pelle,martins,paulinho and d rest
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by arixsto2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
ProfSamurai:
84 000 000 naira weekly

eruku sha aye ghan.
That is some people salary for 3 decade. And yet dey aint give a f*ck. Endtime salary.

My january must take off in molla. As in

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by sleepyeyez(m): 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
My friend dey go china go chop ur millions jor! Open letter ko, closed book ni
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by hefelove(m): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
Only people who started watching EPL 2yrs ago will say Mikel wasn't a key player, someone said he has only 1assist. LMAO. Mikel first Premier league trophy, he was our Standing 4 before he got injured and I remembered that didn't make him to go to the World Cup in South Africa, I remembered Mikel used walking stick to conman receive his Medal den, Mikel contributed to our FA cup success wen we beat Liverpool, I remember him and Lampard creating those chances for Drogba, after Terry got the red card, Mikel turned to a beast in that defence, the tin is we forget easily in Nigeria. Somone said Mikel has no ambition cos he went to China because of Money, wait after everything he was won In football abeg wetin remain? even the trophies Most great players never won Mikel has won them. Haters will always hate

6 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by arixsto2(m): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
Miggs:
Was John Obi Mikel a key player when chelsea fc won all those trophies?Was he a major contributor to the teams winning all those trophies?How many authentic chelsea supporters in london can name the trophy winning teams Mikel played in without googling it?For example,the last premier league trophy chelsea won in the 2014/2015 season wasnt Mikel only being sent to the pitch to shore up the defence 5 minutes to the end of different matches?Mikel hasnt played for chelsea in the past 5 months how many authentic chelsea supporters in london did you hear complaining about Mikel not playing?Didnt you see the questions pep had to consistently answer when he wasnt playing Yaya?Goodluck to Mikel in China but i dont believe he has any business playing for the super eagles anymore.Lets stop celebrating mediocrity

sharap yur mouthu biko. I recommend wisdomium syrup for you. Olodo rabata. Ode. How much is your salary talkative bankrupt.
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by Kakamorufu(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
ireneony:
Never liked him..he was just a bench warmer
see your mouth
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club by koma1(m): 2:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nollyvin:

The fact that he was lucky to win more trophies than Gerard does not equate him to Gerard in terms of class. Gerard is a better player in all ramification

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ademola Lookman Helped Everton Defeat Manchester City. PICS / Fans Scramble For Selfies With Ousmane Dembele At AFCON 2019 / The Moment Tyson Fury Knocked Down Wilder In The Final Round (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.