Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:11 PM

Staying Motivated - Ope Komolafe - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Staying Motivated - Ope Komolafe (450 Views)

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Get Ready For Big Opportunities By Opeyemi Komolafe. / Staying Motivated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Staying Motivated - Ope Komolafe by BISolutionsng: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2017
A very popular saying is "You are the best motivator/encourager of yourself". I honestly have no idea where that saying comes from, but not much could be more true. As an individual, entrepreneur, corporate professional, student etc, your biggest fans would have moments of doubt; rather, moments of silence which could mean a million discouraging words. In those moments, when you seem to have no one cheering you on, when even you might seem uncertain about your decisions, that's when you need to step in and head your fan club.
I have a close friend whom I admire for something (it's not always positive, but it is a great quality). When he makes a decision, he sticks with it. Even when he realizes that it was a wrong move a little too late, he seemingly 'bites the bullet' and accepts responsibility. That dogged quality of sticking with a decision might sometimes even turn a wrong move into an advantage.
I believe to make progress, you must make a decision and drive that decision. The onus is on YOU to drive it, not your staff, not your clients, not your family and definitely not your competition. It is your responsibility to stay motivated and stay driven until you achieve success. In the times when there is silence around you, or when the voices are even tearing you down and highlighting your mistakes, you must drum up encouragement and drive from within yourself to keep moving.
When you achieve success you will have lots of fans, it's the journey there that gets very lonely and challenging, so you need to whip out the pom-poms and cheer yourself on constantly.
After all, no one knows you like you do, so no one can encourage you like you can.

Ope Komolafe
biempowerment.com

(1) (Reply)

Still Thinking About Starting A Blog For Your Small Business? I Can Help. / How Important Is Career Growth To You? / Can I Join The Force With Phd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.