Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (59575 Views)

Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? / Are You Jobless? Earn, Learn & Have Fun With Wordstar Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Donald95(m): 1:36pm On May 24, 2020
For me, I concluded my schooling (Caritas Private University) and service when i was 22 years. I stayed with my widowed mother till i became 24. That 2 years was full time war because I battled within myself over my non- educated friends that are mostly into tanker and Container motor drivers flourishing while me that much is expected from had nothing but "thank you" whenever i finish eating my mums food ( not jealousy though)

Mid of my 24 years, i moved in to stay with my sister in Enugu. Away from home, i was more free to engage my self no matter how humiliating the work look.

I started with Teaching. I was paid 15k per month, after 5 or 6 months of saving, i rented my own apartment, Used the remaining money to buy rice, tomato paste and beans in large quantities. I made good savings before the year ran out.

The next year, i opened a phone charging place and employed a girl while I was still teaching . Money started flowing in small small. I had about 300k few months later so, I opened Firstmonie outlet.

I started massive saving. I was targeting to open an iron company where i will sell building materials last 2 years, but the required capital is too much so, I went into rice.

I am Thankful to God for where i am today.

You can still make it if you don't have a job. Just start as small as possible.

Move away from home and squat with your sibling or good friend if you are too ashamed or not free to engage yourself.

671 Likes 51 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Donald95(m): 1:36pm On May 24, 2020
My secrets.

1. I did buy my foodstuffs and other essential things in heavy quantities so as i can make huge saving.

2. I lived in a cheap 1 room apartment that won't stress my savings.

3. I never presented myself as a savior, neither did i lived a fake life in front of my Girlfriend. In fact, i never spent much on her.

4. I gave myself yearly target and, I also gave myself enough time to achieve it.

5. I became very very afraid of poverty and dependence on people, so I fought and still fighting against it.

491 Likes 28 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by dammywapes(m): 1:58pm On May 24, 2020
On my way and i know i will be there someday , I will get my nysc certi on d 29 of this month. I have a business presently, i stay alone and am planning saving big and probably invest in other businesses. So help me God amen

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by dukeprince50: 2:01pm On May 24, 2020
My story is very annoying sha.
I left secondary school while I was 17, got admission into a private uni but couldn't continue because of the way the school treat students, there is no respect for the students. and I'm not the kind of person who fancy a secondary boarding school kinda settings and my course was not accredited in that same school, after spending few years there, I thought its not worth the stress so I left and went to a state school and studied a five year course, I was suppose to graduate last year but then because of ASUU, I graduated January this year, I decided to forget my certificate though I had a good grade but I wanted a different life that is not about certificate and then coronavirus came and time deh tick, age deh go. I was never at home Jobless but when I look back, most part of my life after secondary school was useless but whenever life gives me a reason to quit, I just can't give up, I have a feeling as long as I keep struggling to go higher, I may get to the top one day

269 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Righteousness89(m): 2:03pm On May 24, 2020
I Completed university at 21 . (2006)

The Job I desired was not Forth coming so I had to do the Job I didn't desire. As long as it brought in some cash! I also gain some great knowledge that has helped me and many others

I also improved myself with some Certifications ( Nebosh, Nhs, etc)

I later Resigned and had some good business dealings with a relation.. All these things were totally outside my Course of Study (Accounting)

At a time I sold Arduino uno Pc, RFID's and all that programming stuff with no Fore knowledge and Experience. But it was great!

By GOD'S Grace and Help I Relocated out of the Country!

I am still a Work in Progress !

When I look back , I have Great Reason to say THANK YOU PRECIOUS FATHER!

The few facts I know is
1. Knowing and Trusting JESUS Eliminates Many Struggles in Life.

2. Don't live life To please People! The Moment what you do is pleasing to GOD , carry on

3. Don't always follow the Multitude or Majority! The Multitude most times are Wrong. Follow what GOD'S word says and those who share similar belief.

4. Fornication is a Crippler of Destiny! It takes you back and down the pit. ( I say this From personal Experience)

5. No Matter how Friends Give up on you, do not Give up on yourself..

6. Whenever you are Confused about Life, Go straight to JESUS, Cry to HIM! BABA always has a way to Fix things.

548 Likes 43 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 24, 2020
I was last jobless at 19, since i got into business I've lived happily ever after, there's a sense of fulfillment that comes with being your own Boss!
Not without its numerous challenges tho!

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by DanseMacabre(m): 2:20pm On May 24, 2020
Well I haven't made it yet, so I'll pass. lipsrsealed

Unemployment is a biitchh though.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by CAPSLOCKED: 3:10pm On May 24, 2020
ABEG REMOVE MY NAME FROM THE LIST OF THOSE THAT HAVE MADE IT DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE 1NAIRA TO MY NAME? .

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Donald95(m): 7:19pm On May 24, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Well I haven't made it yet, so I'll pass. lipsrsealed

Unemployment is a biitchh though.

Start something now. Depression may hit you soon. Looking at your school mate and age mate flourishing while you are koboless can cause depression

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Donald95(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2020
dammywapes:
On my way and i know i will be there someday , I will get my nysc certi on d 29 of this month. I have a business presently, i stay alone and am planning saving big and probably invest in other businesses. So help me God amen

At least you are smart enough to know that NYSC is not a time to flex but a time to get ready for the storms and blessings to come.

Apply wisdom and God will bless you.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Donald95(m): 7:25pm On May 24, 2020
dukeprince50:
My story is very annoying sha.
I left secondary school while I was 17, got admission into a private uni but couldn't continue because of the way the school treat students, there is no respect for the students. and I'm not the kind of person who fancy a secondary boarding school kinda settings and my course was not accredited in that same school, after spending few years there, I thought its not worth the stress so I left and went to a state school and studied a five year course, I was suppose to graduate last year but then because of ASUU, I graduated January this year, I decided to forget my certificate though I had a good grade but I wanted a different life that is not about certificate and then coronavirus came and time deh tick, age deh go. I was never at home Jobless but when I look back, most part of my life after secondary school was useless but whenever life gives me a reason to quit, I just can't give up, I have a feeling as long as I keep struggling to go higher, I may get to the top one day

You will get to the top one day. Just be stable in whatever you do henceforth. One step at a time is the best way to go

28 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by dammywapes(m): 7:26pm On May 24, 2020
Donald95:

At least you are smart enough to know that NYSC is not a time to flex but a time to get ready for the storms and blessings to come.

Apply wisdom and God will bless you.
Amin thanks

5 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Donald95(m): 7:28pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
I was last jobless at 19, since i got into business I've lived happily ever after, there's a sense of fulfillment that comes with being your own Boss!

I prefer business anyday anytime. No fear for sack and things like it

17 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by dukeprince50: 8:02pm On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
ABEG REMOVE MY NAME FROM THE LIST OF THOSE THAT HAVE MADE IT DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE 1NAIRA TO MY NAME? .
lol, thats how they will make ur village people think u have made it and ur village people will even collect the one that u don't have thinking u have and u will end up owing ur village ppl

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 12:12am On May 25, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

I was one year younger than you when I became employed though self employed.....

In this life Everytime is the best to start whether 10 years or 30 years.....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by dammywapes(m): 11:38am On May 27, 2020
Bro how far with rice business
Donald95:
For me, I concluded my schooling (Caritas Private University) and service when i was 22 years. I stayed with my widowed mother till i became 24. That 2 years was full time war because I battled within myself over my non- educated friends that are mostly into tanker and Container motor drivers flourishing while me that much is expected from had nothing but "thank you" whenever i finish eating my mums food ( not jealousy though)

Mid of my 24 years, i moved in to stay with my sister in Enugu. Away from home, i was more free to engage my self no matter how humiliating the work look.

I started with Teaching. I was paid 15k per month, after 5 or 6 months of saving, i rented my own apartment, Used the remaining money to buy rice, tomato paste and beans in large quantities. I made good savings before the year ran out.

The next year, i opened a phone charging place and employed a girl while I was still teaching . Money started flowing in small small. I had about 300k few months later so, I opened Firstmonie outlet.

I started massive saving. I was targeting to open an iron company where i will sell building materials last 2 years, but the required capital is too much so, I went into rice.

I am Thankful to God for where i am today.

You can still make it if you don't have a job. Just start as small as possible.

Move away from home and squat with your sibling or good friend if you are too ashamed or not free to engage yourself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by egojeny1(f): 4:51pm On May 27, 2020
Op pls elaborate more on this rice business. Is it rice processing or selling of rice?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by dammywapes(m): 6:12am On May 28, 2020
egojeny1:
Op pls elaborate more on this rice business. Is it rice processing or selling of rice?
what am interested to also
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Dayoebe(m): 6:19am On May 28, 2020
Finished secondary education at 16, I enrolled myself in computer stuff for 9months.
I engaged as a typist, secretary, Computer teacher and other menial jobs for 4 years till I gained admission.

I was planning to sustain this business in school till the devil took over. Am hoping God will restore those glorious day where I don't beg or depend on anyone for money.
Computer programming is the next call of duty

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by bbewaj: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
After my Nysc @ 25, when there was nothing for about 2years, I decided to squat with a friend then I started online business, UK used laptops to be precise.... To God be the glory

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by leonard002(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
good thread

I have quite an interesting story. I wasted some years at home as a medical graduate looking for an internship placement. What I did next was to learn how to flash phones and computers and made a good living out of it. Till I finally got a placement and then a job subsequently.

Frankly, I made a lot of money then as so many people are there who needs one or two stuffs to be done on their phones or computers.

Sometimes sef, I dey reason sey this job na scam.

Anyway, we thank Oluwa for all the years of learning and earning.

The sky's the limit.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by bayotwice(f): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Yakade(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
I'll think about it
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by paulolee(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
good...we still in the jobless stream rightnow trying to swim out of it and praying to get a job and on how am coping...na to jus take my bath, wear nice clothes and spray perfume join and stroll to the the nearest bet9ja shop in ma area bt in the next 3 streets (just like say na company wey i de do I.T) and join the other jobless boys in street to discuss abt the latest news 4 area, gist abt any of us dt av received job offers recently and wish him well while praying for our turn and start forcasting matches for the day that we do sell to interested cliants that dnt av time to book games and do walked bk home at intervals to eat whenever am hungry, the funny thing na the way people they greet me when i de come back for evening like who jus return from work and meself go they answer like who had a busy day....las las man go de alright..

249 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by XXLMANDIGO: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
I am a Tax Accountant and Lawyer. I didn't have to wait for long to get job after school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by elektra(f): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
I haven’t been jobless since I after secondary school.
I worked as a cashier during undergrad, then I got paid to go to grad school.
The most jobless I’ve being was during NYSC, the government agency I was posted to did nothing. All we did was gist all day long, even the directors and full time staff were gisting with us.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by PureGoldh(m): 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
Am not jobless.... I have a bee farm that I manage even as a student......Dem no born me with silver spoon but my offsprings and people around me no go suffer.

My people...If you need Raw Original Honey... kindly check out this my post here on Nairaland ➡️https://www.nairaland.com/5913845/natural-immune-system-booster-need

It's originality is Hundred percent guaranteed

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by visijo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
Regrets are like grandchildren, they come many years after the event! �

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by XploraBen(m): 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
It's not been easy I must say but I'm trusting God for breakthrough in the coming days... Though I'm still a student.

By the way, contact me to undertake your writing job. I'm an experienced content writer, creative writer, and copywriter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Kreamie(m): 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
Loooooong story.

But in all, Alhamdullilah. smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Female EKSU Graduate Does Shoemaking For A Living (pics) / Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Pretty Nigerian Fire Fighter Is Causing A Twitter Meltdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.