Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? (935 Views)

Are Atheists Really Smart? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by mrmrmister: 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
1st Kings 18:27
At noon Elijah began to taunt them. "Shout louder!" he said. "Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened

Oops! the Bible supports the mockery of other religions

1st Kings 18:36-39
At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: "LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command.
Answer me, LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.
Then the fire of the LORD fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.
When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD--he is God! The LORD--he is God!"

This is all we ask. PROOF!!!
Is it too much to ask?
Or are you so called christians too chickened to try? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by mrmrmister: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hahn Hardmirror HopefulLandlord Jackbizzle Hcpaul Kingebukasblog Seun Randomperson Sonoflucifer Sirwere Deicide Jonbellion Dalaman MrMontella
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by Mskrisx(f): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Seun
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by falcon01: 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
please why is it hard for atheist to mind their business.
they keep bashing theist and the gods they believe in, if you don't believe in God simply keep it to yourself don't cause trouble leave those who believe to keep believing fullstop
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by mrmrmister: 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
falcon01:
they keep bashing theist and the gods the believe in, if you don't believe in God simply keep it to yourself don't cause trouble leave those who believe to keep believing fullstop
Did you miss the part where Elijah bashed the prophets of Baal?
I intentionally included it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by falcon01: 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
mrmrmister:

Did you miss the part where Elijah bashed the prophets of Baal?
I intentionally included it
I ain't talking about Elijah am talking about you. you gotta chil take a break and relax.
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by mrmrmister: 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
falcon01:
I ain't talking about Elijah am talking about you. you gotta chil take a break and relax.

Elijah is my role model cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by hahn(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
mrmrmister:
At noon Elijah began to taunt them. "Shout louder!" he said. "Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened

At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: "LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command.
Answer me, LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.
Then the fire of the LORD fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.
When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD--he is God! The LORD--he is God!"

Is it too much to ask?

Since I challenged them last year, not one of them as been able to take it up

And na simple challenge o undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/3153402/finally-atheists-proven-wrong

1 Like

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by falcon01: 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
mrmrmister:

you can never learn Mr you need to use your God given brain to find the truth ..don't stop when you find nothing keep going don't live your life base on other peoples theory.

and there's something you gotta know if you deny the existence of God then you have nothing to fear cos nothing happens to you but those who have faith keep facing disaster and calamity. my personal observation
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by mrmrmister: 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
hahn:

Since I challenged them last year, not one of them as been able to take it up

And na simple challenge o undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/3153402/finally-atheists-proven-wrong

All it takes is a challenge, just a challenge!
And all the arguements will be put to rest grin

1 Like

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by HardMirror(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
falcon01:
they keep bashing theist and the gods they believe in, if you don't believe in God simply keep it to yourself don't cause trouble leave those who believe to keep believing fullstop
What do we want?
Ok, we just enjoy mocking stupiid people.
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by mrmrmister: 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
falcon01:
you can never learn Mr you need to use your God given brain to find the truth ..don't stop when you find nothing keep going don't live your life base on other peoples theory.

and there's something you gotta know if you deny the existence of God then you have nothing to fear cos nothing is happens to you but those who have faith keep facing disaster and calamity. my personal observation

Hmmn, I wonder why Elijah didn't say this to the prophets of baal.

1 Like

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by HardMirror(m): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
Those bible Stories are exactly what we call them - stories.

Why I stopped being a christian, it was all too obvious. It's nothing but a charade and celebration of gullibility. God is this, god is that, but very useless in real-life situations

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by falcon01: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
mrmrmister:

Hmmn, I wonder why Elijah didn't say this to the prophets of baal.
maybe you can go back in time and ask him
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by hahn(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
mrmrmister:

All it takes is a challenge, just a challenge!
And all the arguements will be put to rest grin

Deep down they know their god is not real but their religion gives them hypocritical leverage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by hahn(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
HardMirror:

Why I stopped being a christian, it was all too obvious. It's nothing but a charade and celebration of gullibility. God is this, god is that, but very useless in real-life situations

Very very useless
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by felixomor: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
HardMirror:

What do we want?
Ok, we just enjoy mocking stupiid people.

And telling lies too. grin
Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by hopefulLandlord: 12:31am On Jan 07, 2017
falcon01:

yeah, like theists ever keep their belief to themselves

2 Likes

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by HCpaul(m): 2:05am On Jan 07, 2017
mrmrmister:

The guy is even lucky that we guys ain't emulating the likes of David,, I just imagine what their fate will be by now??

Solomon is my own role model.... Lol

Cuz I can't just imagine how a womanizer like that was able to sneak his name inside the Bible?? Sounds unbelievable!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by randomperson: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2017
HCpaul:

The guy is even lucky that we guys ain't emulating the likes of David,, I just imagine what their fate will be by now??

Solomon is my own role model.... Lol

Cuz I can't just imagine how a womanizer like that was able to sneak his name inside the Bible?? Sounds unbelievable!
Lmao... Solomon has three whole books in the bible. One of them is totally dedicated to discussing the sensuality of a woman's anatomy...
I don't know what the holy spirit was thinking when he inspired the songs of Solomon... grin

1 Like

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by randomperson: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2017
HardMirror:

Exactly. In this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3517986/christians-what-exactly-does-christianity ,I asked them what Christianity offers and they could only point to abstract things like light of God, peace of mind...
And their bible speaks of their god stopping the moon, multiplying bread e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by mrmrmister: 8:34am On Jan 07, 2017
randomperson:

Lmao... Solomon has three whole books in the bible. One of them is totally dedicated to discussing the sensuality of a woman's anatomy...
I don't know what the holy spirit was thinking when he inspired the songs of Solomon... grin

Lmfao cheesy

The holy spirit is a bad guy grin

2 Likes

Re: So What Do These Silly Atheists Really Want? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
mrmrmister:

Is it too much to ask?

The Bible doesnt support mockery
Elijah was not commanded by God to mock them
He did it with His own intention
The fact that it is written in the Bible does not mean that the Bible is supporting it
There are many scriptures against mockery
And no man is perfect
Perhaps he is not a Christian

(1) (Reply)

Forbes Reveals Net Worth Of RCCG General Overseer, Pastor Adeboye / Pictures Reveal Palestine Grand Mufti Told Hitler To Killed Jews / Watchtower Wrong Handling Of Pedophilia-child Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.