Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Elderly Catholic Woman Has Mistakenly Been Praying Every Day To Elrond From.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Elderly Catholic Woman Has Mistakenly Been Praying Every Day To Elrond From.... (805 Views)

Have You Been Praying At Nighttime?? Adopt This Tactic And You Shall See / Elderly Man Caught Watching Sexually Explicit Video During Church Service / Elderly Witch Returning From Meeting Stuck On Roof Of Building - Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elderly Catholic Woman Has Mistakenly Been Praying Every Day To Elrond From.... by hahn(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
A Brazilian woman’s Facebook post about her slightly naive grandmother is a great example of the pitfalls when it comes to praying to inanimate objects.

Calling it the “funniest discovery of 2016,” Gabriela Brandão pointed out that the small plastic figurine her grandmother has been praying to was in fact not an image of Saint Anthony as she had thought, but Elrond, who is an elf from Lord of the Rings.

According to Hermant Mehta of The Friendly Atheist, “the prayers were equally as effective.”

Luckily, Saint Anthony is the “finder of lost articles,” so hopefully the proper graven image will turn up soon.

Source: http://deadstate.org/elderly-catholic-woman-has-mistakenly-been-praying-every-day-to-elrond-from-lord-of-the-rings/

@ emboldened, I guess we should start praying to Lord Elrond then cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Elderly Catholic Woman Has Mistakenly Been Praying Every Day To Elrond From.... by mrmrmister: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
I'm Dead cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elderly Catholic Woman Has Mistakenly Been Praying Every Day To Elrond From.... by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
I give up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elderly Catholic Woman Has Mistakenly Been Praying Every Day To Elrond From.... by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
RIP
mrmrmister:
I'm Dead cheesy
Re: Elderly Catholic Woman Has Mistakenly Been Praying Every Day To Elrond From.... by hopefulLandlord: 6:00am On Jan 18, 2017
Hehehehehehehehe

Elrond and Yahweh answers prayers at same rate

hmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Is Time for a core Christian President to rule Nigeria / See What Apostle Saviour Kika Said If Big Brother Naija Continues As Scheduled / Two Funny Stuffs I Saw Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.