Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems (820 Views)

1st Class Graduate, FULAA Alumni, Others Die In Car Crash / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Ejike Gift Emeka: 1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nigeria has produced another female Pilot/Engineer and the first in Niger state. This is coming 40 years after the creation of the state.

23 year old Fatima Mfe Garba graduated from the University of Hertfordshire in London with a first class degree in Aerospace Systems Engineer with Pilot Studies. Fatima, who was full of gratitude to the federal government and the Niger state government for her sponsorship told our correspondent in an interview in Minna that flying the airplane has been her childhood dream. “Being a pilot has been my original goal from childhood. I have always had it in mind that I want to fly the plane one day, so I am very happy that I have been able to realize the dream.

“Again I realized that it’s good I join it with engineering so that I can be able to fly and equally repair the plane and that makes the task very challenging because this is a male dominated field of study. “But I thank God I was able to cope, and it was amazing the first day I flew the plane. It was a dream I had since when I was 8years.”

Fatima said her ultimate goal is to finish her Masters degree in Aerospace Systems Engineering with Pilot studies which she already has admission for in the same University. “After my Masters degree, which I already have the admission, I want to come back to Nigeria to come and contribute my quota to Nigeria Aviation industry because the federal government and my state government contributed immensely to this achievement.

https://dailytimes.ng/news/nigeria-produces-another-female-pilot/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
issorite
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by WatchinginHD(m): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by Afam4eva(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2017
Naija women keep making giant strides
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by austino677(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2017
I think any day a woman will fly a plane there should be a discount undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
austino677:
I think any day a woman will fly a plane there should be a discount undecided
Lol
Why do you say that?
Both men and women have to go through the same grueling tests in order to be certified to fly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by sweettease(f): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
CFCman:

Lol
Why do you say that?
Both men and women have to go through the same grueling tests in order to be certified to fly.
Just ignore the male chauvinist, they are usually the ones who even get controlled by their wives without them having a clue grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by austino677(m): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
CFCman:

Lol
Why do you say that?
a woman and a man can never be same... just like mercedes and Toyota.. both are cars but different wink
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by austino677(m): 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
sweettease:
Just ignore the male chauvinist, they are usually the ones who even get controlled by their wives without them having a clue grin
lol grin grin i dey fear my woman oo
Re: Nigerian Woman Bags 1st Class In Aerospace Systems by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 08, 2017
^^
grin

(1) (Reply)

Accident In Lokoja, Before And After Pics(graphic pics) / Please Who Knows This University In Canada? / Nigerian Woman In Canada Cries Out, Says Things Are Very Hard For Her & His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.