Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

14months Marriage Without Without Conception - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 14months Marriage Without Without Conception (1816 Views)

Woman Delivers Quintuplets After 20 Years Of Marriage Without A Child [photo] / Is It Possible For A Nigerian Man To Walk Out Of Marriage Without Divorce? / What's A Marriage Without Great Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14months Marriage Without Without Conception by b2klaw: 6:45am On Jan 07, 2017
i am married for 14months and had gone for test, results was ok. Right now i am under pressure from family to have a baby pls can you advice me on how to make my wife conceive ? i feel desperate each time i see kids as i was born on children's day .
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Afam4eva(m): 6:58am On Jan 07, 2017
The first step is for you to get your wife to check herself medically since you've done so already. Then you can take it from there.

2 Likes

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Jafar1: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2017
IT MAYBE SPIRITUAL, PRAYER WILL HELP
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 07, 2017
Its so funny the way people take the issue of child birth personal like its oxygen.
Cant you wait and have hope/faith??
If your family is so desperate, then they should produce the child nah. Think of other thing, when its time, the child will come. Desperation will only weigh you down.

11 Likes

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by mokset123: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2017
Since you and your wife have done the necessary checks and there isn't any medical issue.

Have faith and God would do it, he is the God of possibilities ànd impossibilties.
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by sweettease(f): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2017
Justdulla:
Its so funny the way people take the issue of child birth personal like its oxygen.
Cant you wait and have hope/faith??
If your family is so desperate, then they should produce the child nah. Think of other thing, when its time, the child will come. Desperation will only weigh you down.
the irony is that it's also funny when people show empathy like this undecided

3 Likes

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Flexherbal(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2017
b2klaw:
i am married for 14months and had gone for test, results was ok. Right now i am under pressure from family to have a baby pls can you advice me on how to make my wife conceive ? i feel desperate each time i see kids as i was born on children's day .
Being anxious is adding to the challenge.
Visit a good hospital or herbal clinic.

Na God dey give children.
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 07, 2017
sweettease:
the irony is that it's also funny when people show empathy like this undecided
its too early...
go back to bed

1 Like

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by sweettease(f): 7:19am On Jan 07, 2017
Justdulla:

its too early...
go back to bed
lol... yes sir
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nutase: 7:31am On Jan 07, 2017
Keep trying. It will happen at the right time.
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by sweettease(f): 7:38am On Jan 07, 2017
Maybe you guys are doing it at the wrong time of the month, if all is well with the both of you, you need to start calculating her ovulation and make sure to get intimate during that period. You never know with these things but you might want to try this if you haven't already.

8 Likes

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
Its just one year and 2 months, you people should take it easy. Pray to God fervently and get to know when your wife is ovulation, she is more fertile when she is ovulating, go for several test, take fertility drugs. Download period calendar application to calculate her ovulation, it helps.
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
Cc: Thorpido smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc

Op, checkout this thread please.
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by jashar(f): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
... calm down bros...

You berra remove yourself and your wife from whatever pressure you're subjecting yourselves to. Life is too short abeg...

Be anxious actually reduces your chance of having a child...

Enjoy your life and enjoy your wife.
(make love out of pleasure not pressure) lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by thorpido(m): 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
If you and your wife have done a full work-up(seemen tests,hormonal profile,scans etc) and you are both given the all clear,I'll advise you just wait on God.He alone gives children.

You need to know your wife's ovulation period(find out if you don't).Make love from the 11th day of your wife's period and do it every other day until the 19th day of her period.

Try to take the pressure off yourself and your wife.

1 Like

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Interesting. Oga take it easy. If you are feeling this way, I wonder how madam will feel. Your despair will certainly rub off on her and it won't help your chances. Worry releases chemicals that does not help conception. You should be a shoulder she can lean on. Dont add to her pressure. Shield her from your family's pressure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by yedidiah(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
14 months is not such a long time. But I understand that for the average Nigerian Parent, 9months after wedding, they expect their first grand child.

A good thing the pressure is on the man and not the wife because it would have been too hard for her to take.

It could be anything: medical, spiritual, or the babies are still enjoying the other world grin it can also be just normal. I usually advice new couples to take atleast two years to plan their home and settle down before thinking of having children. It helps alot.

My advise is this:
First, take your mind off the worries. When you see kids, let it not bother you anymore.
Second, stand by your wife and encourage her as much as possible. You must never let her see or have the impression that you are worried about the issue. Infact, defend her openly before your family and friends ( be string in public and cry in secret)
Third, this is a good time to start planning for the kids because they will surely come. Make ready their nursery, plan for their education, and learn all you can about being a husband and a father( husband first and more importantly)
Fourth, Engage in Spiritual activities both as a couple and as an individual. But as a Christian, I know children are gifts from God. So, we shouldn't make it look like our lives depend on it. He will give you when you ask sha.
Fifth, I know most people don't like this, but you can adopt or bring in a young child to stay with you and take care of them as your own.

Finally, having a wife is far more important than children and your wife has a greater role to play in your life than children.

2 Likes

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 08, 2017
sweettease:
Maybe you guys are doing it at the wrong time of the month, if all is well with the both of you, you need to start calculating her ovulation and make sure to get intimate during that period. You never know with these things but you might want to try this if you haven't already.
Hmmmn professional ... pleas tell em ooo make e no go shoot over the bar

1 Like

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by timilehing(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2017
I'll like to ask you the following questions:

1. How often do you have Sex with your wife?
2. Do you guys just lie on each other during Sex or try different positions?
3. How long do you last in bed?
4. How much content do you ejaculate? What's the coloration?
5. Have you been having Sex solely to conceive?
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by lipopo(m): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
Stop putting yourself to unnecessary pressure. It is not your fault neither it is your wife's fault. It is just the waiting period. Please celebrate yourselves and live your life to fullest. I waited for 8yrs before my kids came but in less than 2yrs, I was blessed with 3 kids. Our hands are full now! Help your wife to have faith n never stop praying together. "In the sight of GOD, there is fullness of Joy" "Non SHALL be barren in the land" These are just few out of the thousands of GOD's promises over HIS children. Bro, nothing do u!

3 Likes

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by belcom10(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Look unto God, when praying ask God to grant u ur request by his mercy
Afam4eva:
The first step is for you to get your wife to check herself medically since you've done so already. Then you can take it from there.

1 Like

Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by RIH345: 2:15am On Jan 09, 2017
I just had an uber driver who told me that after 13 years his sister conceived triplets, 2 boys and one girl and she is pregnant again praying for a boy. I'm a woman of faith so I would say that that faith and prayer coupled with a doctor's advising is all you need. Despite her MIL accusing her of being a witch and asking her son to remarry so she could have grandchildren he vowed that marriage is for better or worse and he waited. So it will happen.
Re: 14months Marriage Without Without Conception by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
b2klaw:

Enjoy your marriage without worrying over this issue, it will come when God permits.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Battles Late Brother’s Wife Over Adopted Son, Properties / We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us / 7 Ways To Deep Clean Your Bathroom And Toilets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.