Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? (30373 Views)

What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? / I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number / Finally Gotten The Itel S31. My Personal Review Follows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by anumide(f): 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
RB007:
grin grin grin grin
I don tire. I get like 10 of this every month, different phone numbers.
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by cornel994(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
Joshkid:
Call

Got a Call one Sunday morning like that and the girl said this is 'Mercy'... I was like I don't know you and she started raining all sort of abuse and insult on me that I've scammed her and God will repay my deeds...

*modified*

Maybe na one guy wey knack am give am wrong number grin grin grin
I can relate to dat. Once got a call on sunday morning, d lady was raining abuses on me wen I asked wat d matta was, she said I stole her bag of recharge card worth 40k on friday, asked wer she was she said lagos...I just kuku d laff, hw I one take leave calabar to go snatck 40k worth of airtime in 1 day and half grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by joeruano1: 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2017
Naughtytboy:
My puffy pussy is wet getting ready for u, the funniest thing was the text was from TrapQueen of nairaland,, she later apologized she intended sending it to Estharfabian

Busted!
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by tempel(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
Call.
[i]Call.
[/i]Call.
Guy: hello is this Temple.
Me: yes.
Guy: you have been matched with me.
Me: how, where?
Guy: in givers forum to pay me 100k.
Me: I no de givers talk less of matching with you.

Same thing happened the next day , but this time it was a girl

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by koife(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
Xaddy:
The other day, Obama called me and said he was coming for me. I knew the number was strange because my phone went dark when I received the call. I could also hear Joe Biden grunting in the background, it was so eerie... I sha told Obama that IDGAF he could come and get me... Next thing I knew, I woke up inside gutter

That was the day I stopped drinking HERO....
Dude, you laughing out and jerking off....bro I finally I have that f**k to give
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by An0nimus: 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
donholy28:
Every wrong number is 90% likely to be a Hausa person on the line

So true. Almost everytime some wrongly dials my number, they speak hausa to me.
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Joshkid(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
cornel994:
I can relate to dat. Once got a call on sunday morning, d lady was raining abuses on me wen I asked wat d matta was, she said I stole her bag of recharge card worth 40k on friday, asked wer she was she said lagos...I just kuku d laff, hw I one take leave calabar to go snatck 40k worth of airtime in 1 day and half grin
grin grin
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Seunpaul01(m): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
This happened recently. I received a call from a lady and she was like. "Mr. Tunji the bricklayer. Pls is this Mr Tunji the bricklayer. We are... ". I just shouted and said, 'E gbami ke, who is a bricklayer, wrong number abeg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by alexiej(m): 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
oluwafreshkid:
It was during this last Bournemouth vs Arsenal game, I called my sis to say I'll be coming home late o

"Hello bukky"
She: "hello who's this?"
Me: " help you tell mum ill be home late o"
She: "which mum? Please who's this? "
Me: I was confused faa.... 'is this bukky?'
She: "yes this is bukky, what do you want?"
Me: "Haba, bukky akingbola?" (name changed)
She: yes this is bukky akingbola
Me: shuo! Bukky akingbola, fresh's sister? It's me na ur bro...
She: my bro is sleeping o, you have dialled wrong number.

We're friends now sha... she bears same name and surname as my sister.

Wow!! That's amazing! Maybe the sim registration thing sorta linked their details/numbers
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by YINKS89(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
vewi funny alll dis post i kan relate to atleast 80% of dem don happen to mi.
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by chelseaboi(m): 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Got this stupid message ...then I reply back...mumu people

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
RB007:
grin grin

Call
I once got a call from a man with an Hausa Accent "Salamalekun! Salamalekun!....Kabiru!...Hallo...Kabir....." I just hanged up

grin

Text
I once got a text message that "my BVN has not been done and my account will be blocked" ...and the funny thing was i just completed my BVN two days earlier grin grin

Share yours

I once received an SMS that my ATM card will be blocked if I don't. Call one useless number.

Funny thing is.. I didn't even have a bank account then grin
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by nkemdi89(f): 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
I purchased a new Mtn line only for different people to start calling me that I should return the phone back to the owner, someone once called me from Abuja and was throwing tantrum that I didn't clear his uncle at the airport, while I was busy apologising ,he later called back to apologise. The worst is my twin who intentionally gives out my number to people who she doesn't have interest in, there is no way I can convinced them that its a wrong number.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by leticia28: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
Few days ago got a call frm some woman. B4 I cld say hello d next tin I heard was u husband snatcher continue oh continue dey snatch people husband. Omo laugh gree me oh. She cut d call n kept flashin. See me see wahala

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by oluwafreshkid(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
alexiej:

Wow!! That's amazing! Maybe the sim registration thing sorta linked their details/numbers

It's Facebook sync feature o...
I synced my lumia with my Facebook acc, and searched for "bukky" on my contacts.... I came up with her name.
Lol.
#uptosomething sha
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by ArabMopol(m): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
A.B.O.K.I people are good in calling wrong numbers, their own illiteracy is genetic TUFIAKWA
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
Naughtytboy:
My puffy pussy is wet getting ready for u, the funniest thing was the text was from TrapQueen of nairaland,, she later apologized she intended sending it to Estharfabian
Hahahaja Laugh want keee me

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by ThaRealist: 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Estharfabian:

Roger that! grin

Do reply ur mention on my thread
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
wellmax:
I got a text from a 'sister' from fellowship. It reads
You idiot, I'm done with you. All you want from me is bl0w job. You and that you small kini. Let me tell you, no more s3x , no more bj, that what you gonna miss, yo useless asshole.

I know the text wasn't for me, but to think that our dear sister is into all this amazed me.

She call me tire, I no gree pick.
Later she sent a SMS saying 'sorry that text was a mistake, a friend wanted to use my phone to sms her boyfriend. Please delete it. '

I was like story for the gods. Till today she avoids me like a plague.

Lmao! Guy, una go kee person oh...omg this is hilarious
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by oluwafreshkid(m): 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
nkemdi89:
I purchased a new Mtn line only for different people to start calling me that I should return the phone back to the owner, someone once called me from Abuja and was throwing tantrum that I didn't clear his uncle at the airport, while I was busy apologising ,he later called back to apologise. The worst is my twin who intentionally gives out my number to people who she doesn't have interest in, there is no way I can convinced them that its a wrong number.
Hi, you mind sharing your real number?
In privy of course
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by sunshineV(f): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
RB007:
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
guy man na u sharp pass

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Housing(m): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Sometimes around November 2006 a married woman called me in the middle of the night like 2:15am. "Why are you calling me don't you know that I am a married man? Do you you want to send me out of my matrimonial home" I was with my wife in bed. My response was thunderous "shot up I am also a married man! "Moreover I have do not have call credit on my phone". "Please I am sorry" she replied. I thank God today, I don't pray such hard time for my enemies.

The second one was mistake Identity around September 2009 there was this woman calling my phone frequently and each time I will tell her wrong number. On the third day the woman started crying on "go and give my daughter her phone oooo since three days you have not allow to talk to my daughter". I tried to convince her to no avail so I cut the call.

For almost two weeks I noticed those with wrong call were all asking Cynthia. The phone that they were all calling has been my phone number since March 2003. I discovered that the lady shares the same phone number with me except 080 which as prefix number for my phone and 070 for her own. The Lady later called me to apologise. She called on December 25, 2009, stating that she just got admission in to University then and her mother and father got her phone number wrongly. We laughed over it.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by ArabMopol(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
the worst SMS I received is from my bank... as i woke up one morning like that, I kukuma opened unread message from my back , I saw Dear your account has been credited with 10,000,000 your balance is 10m+ thank you for banking with us, nah so I tear race with my nightwear rush go to the Nearest ATM machine to verify , as I won insert my card nah so another SMS from them enter as I pause open it , it read dear valuable customer never mind nah April fool we do you... chai I nearly faint

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by alexiej(m): 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
oluwafreshkid:

It's Facebook sync feature o...
I synced my lumia with my Facebook acc, and searched for "bukky" on my contacts.... I came up with her name.
Lol.
#uptosomething sha

Looooollll... grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by BerryAnny(m): 4:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
talktonase:
Swithrt aftral we hv bin tru i dnt bliv u will brok my hart in2 pieses llik dis...

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
weblord1900:
Hausa and wrong number
O boy na true you talk grin grin
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Temysteve(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
The moment i received d message (ton ton) to start work on monday , den i call d number back to the affirmed and i start to hear '' The woman say the sweeping job na 6 am to 6pm ooo'' and i was like ''but i put up for a BANKING job nah''B4 i said hello Sir, the woman cut in to say 'Iya Saidat lon soro lati........ She no finish b4 i disconnect her..

2 Likes

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Gkemz: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
bjhaid:
Hausas are fond of diallin wrong numbers

because they breathe with their anus.
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by Raphwise: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
I received this text today from +2349069134140
"Dear customer due to 0ur system upgrade and BVN link your ATM CARD has been De-activated kindly call MR JOHN on 09060970098 for Re-activation thanks."
Still searching for a suitable reply for the mad man grin
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by harch354(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
This is killing me oooooooo cheesy
Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by olureignforever: 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
nkemdi89:

I can relate to this lol, it got to a stage that once I picked the call and I hear ke kwanu, sister, sister, I just hang up. One was practically calling me a thief that I should return the phone back to the owner. I said, shuo, I bought this line newly and am duly registered. I just hang up once I hear, sister, sister.

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? by sinkhole: 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
I once bought a new line for my wife and the next thing was that some people started calling that we should return their phone shocked I was so angry and when I asked where they are they said PortHarcourt, then I told them to come and meet me in Jos to collect their phone.
The disturbance continued for like a year before it finally stopped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) / Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone / I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.