Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Repost: Blood Stones - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Repost: Blood Stones (453 Views)

Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones / A Song Of Gold And Blood / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Repost: Blood Stones by nacaz4real(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
How long shall this earth be soaked in blood? Why must drops flow to a river of tears. Who would you rather believe, the one who tells the unpleasant truth or the one who tells comforting lies? Why must blood flow before we act? Gory images, unthinkable human deeds, extra-magnifico wicked. A woman once said "this blood you are sharing" and rightfully all corners of the earth has had a share of the blood of the innocent. Sad stories are so common, it has become a norm. I am a Nigerian by birth, I have visited most geopolitical zones and it took me a while to admit that I have believed in a bubble all these years, it just seems we are wired to be gullible, instruments of the rich and powerful, I hope this piece travels farther than me. There is a saying that "history is the study of yesterday, to learn how to live today so we can plan for tomorrow", but we never seem to learn from it. Have we forgotten the Nigerian civil war so soon, many may never know about the massacres. Lets travel to the west and site just a few of human deeds, the Nazi genocide, nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, chemical bombs on sleeping kids, didn't they deserve a second chance? Suicide bombings are just the order of my day, what a steady and progressive decay. The damages of war, the lives lost, the hardship, the pain and the tears, many begged for their lives at the hands of their cold killers, they would have given a lot for a chance to live. And the funny thing is that those who pull the strings live till their very old ages while millions like you and I perish in millions, how can the life of just a few affect so many? What a funny world we live in. We wake up every morning doing the same thing over and over, we are smart enough to do what we are told but not smart enough to question why we do it. We work for the big corporations owned by just a few investing our blood and energy with little or no time to enjoy our hard work, until we are too old to work. We are nothing but fuel that powers the agenda of the elite who hide behind the logos of corporations and governments, their biggest asset is not oil, gold or any other precious metal it is you and I. We build their cities, run their machines and we even fight their wars, money is not their objective, it is power and money is just the tool they use to control us. They are giving us money and in return we are giving them the world.
We have a precious gift and that gift is mother earth and she lives, many believe she will live forever while many see doom, can you really blame them for seeing doomsday, hell no! in-fact, we cut down our forest that cleans the air for their factories that poison us with chemicals and radiations. Over a billion people are starving despite having a lot of food to go round, you may ask yourself where does all the food go?, 70% of the food grown are used to feed animals which will be sold to you, why feed the poor and hungry when you can't profit from them?! We feed ourselves with animals and plants treated with drugs and chemicals, engineered food for mass consumption and huge profits. Cancers are the end results and when we get sick we run to scientist and doctors for a cure, the drug companies rely on our suffering to make a profit. When will we start addressing the real cause of our problems. With the extinction of thousands of species every year, time may be running out for the Homo sapiens. The death of mother earth is not very hard to imagine with so much evidence before us that we are destroying her, our home and our gift from the grand creator. However, I like to think of myself as a different breed of a common specie, and I look forward to a time when the earth will be filled with a race who practice conservation as their sole religion.

Blood Stones by Nwachukwu Confidence C
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Repost: Blood Stones by BaEnki(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
The reality of the world we dwell in, will we ever question the motive behind our actions? Maybe we are just puppets, a presumed smart one.

Nice write-ups, you're a Poet?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Blind As A Bat (fable Of Traditions) / Critiquing Partner Needed / We Mourn Sen Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.