Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija (12885 Views)

Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by mn09abk: 8:45am On Jan 08, 2017
I see them

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 8:45am On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

I mean peace bro
Nsogbu adiroo
Don't skip your medication again, especially morning time grin

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by shiimah: 8:48am On Jan 08, 2017
flyca:
Rejuvenating indeed! Is Jackson an Igbo name?
The concept of reviving Igbo culture amaka, but this man should identify with umunna ya first. We Igbo have very unique surnames, which one be Jackson kwa angry
ObiJackson is his business name.... check out his name, its well written there. thanks
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 9:11am On Jan 08, 2017
Okeikpu:
Nsogbu adiroo
Don't skip your medication again, especially morning time grin

Bro yu dnt know me. We never spoke why d words. Read my previous posts on Nairaland..

#BendelBoys
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 08, 2017
Okija Enyi
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 08, 2017
THINK HOME, BUILD HOME.

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Jacko1(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2017
Obijackson

No let thrm kill u oh
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by NIGHTMAREOO7: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

Tribalism on this thread..
All southerners...
I tire for Ibos and Yorubas.
Just love yourself for one day it won't affect your data!

thats the problem with u guys.... u refused to say they truth.. this is an inocent topic for the igbo but the afonjas enterd here with their hate.
And u expect igbos to watch them?

Why cant u people say d truth the way it is?
U are talkin about peace... peace can only exist when truth exist.
And when ur type hav refused to speak out how would there be peace?

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by kayprince: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2017
Igbo kwenu
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2017
NIGHTMAREOO7:

thats the problem with u guys.... u refused to say they truth.. this is an inocent topic for the igbo but the afonjas enterd here with their hate.
And u expect igbos to watch them?

Why cant u people say d truth the way it is?
U are talkin about peace... peace can only exist when truth exist.
And when ur type hav refused to speak out how would there be peace?

I did I always do.
Yu shud did my previous post.

And I did mention both Ibos and Yorubas no way I took sides after mentioning the **educated most fighting online snipers** we have in southern Nigeria.
grin bro serious Yorubas and Ibos pls reconcile.

Appi Nu year
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by musicwriter(m): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
Its a pity people talk about culture, but they don't understand what exactly it is. Peagentry, dancing and singing is not culture per se, but expression of culture.

What is culture?

Culture is condensed language. The way a people behave unpolluted, the way they talk, the way they sign-language; that's the way they say something without actually saying a word; for instance saying "yes" or "no" with a nod of the head, the way they greet, their belief system, the way they learn, their type of government, e.t.c. Its easy to understand how. Since the beginning of time, the first thing humanity invented was language, because they needed it to communicate themselves. It was the languages spoken by different societies that defined the way they did all of the above. So, those living in Japan speaking a language sounding Japan-Japan became known as the Japanese. And those living in China speaking a language that sounds Chin-Chin became known as Chinese. Its applicable to all languages; including our Igbo and other African languages. Of course, you wouldn't know how your own language sounds to foreigners. Only foreigners can tell how another language sounds to them.

Therefore, its the language itself that is the culture!. If you're an Igbo man, you're one unit of Igbo culture. A Hausa man is one unit of Hausa culture. A Yoruba man is one unit of Yoruba culture. e.t.c. Your language have naturally programmed you to behave like others who speak it.

How can you be sure?

If you kill every Hausa man in the world leaving just two of them (man and woman), in future that two people will populate the Hausa nation again, as long as they continue speaking the Hausa language.

If you kill every Yoruba man in the world leaving just two of them (man and woman), in future that two people will populate the Yoruba nation again, as long as they continue speaking the Yoruba language.

If you kill every Igbo man in the world leaving just two of them (man and woman), in future that two people will populate the Igbo nation again, as long as they continue speaking the Igbo language.

Again, this is because language already programmed your genes to behave like your ancestors who spoke that language before you.

This is why the first thing the colonial powers did was to destroy the language of any society they wanted to control. When the language of a society is altered that society would eventually adopt the culture of the new language imposed on them. They'll eventually become foreigners in their own land!. And this is why we cry our culture is under attack!!. The reason is because the English language we've accepted as if our life depend on it, is actually gradually eroding our cultures all over Africa!!.

Obijackson's intention may be good, but he don't just know how to go about achieving his goal. Instead of organizing wasteful peagentry, dancing and singing shows, he'd better be working with our ministry of education and schools to have Igbo language as a compulsory subject in school. In fact, he should better lobby Igbo educationists and inform them that instead of requiring "credit" in English, our schools should require credit in Igbo language. Do you know what would happen? Everybody would still study English, but the purpose of promoting the Igbo language (culture) would've been achieved.

Read the extended version on the link on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

Bro yu dnt know me. We never spoke why d words. Read my previous posts on Nairaland..

#BendelBoys
I was kidding wt you boy wink
Don't take it serious..
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
Okeikpu:
I was kidding wt you boy wink
Don't take it serious..

I know I just want to prove to yu I really want peace. Hw the Sunday things.

But seriously we need unity between southerners.

Yu be my brother na.

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

I know I just want to prove to yu I really want peace. Hw the Sunday things.

But seriously we need unity between southerners.

Yu be my brother na.
I got you
Which side u come from
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Okeikpu:
I got you
Which side u come from

Am from Benin city Edo state.
Ikpoba okha LGA
Upper Sakponba.

It's a dope area
I was born here
but dont go there.
Ask your kinsmen Niggs get shot in front of Police presence
Am a city boy and am use to Yoruba and Ibo boys.
I can't be a tribalist man.
I jus left lag Oct last year.
From Benin to onitsha is jus 45mins. I have been to PH tru Imo.
Enugu through onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by RickyTan: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

I did I always do.
Yu shud did my previous post.

And I did mention both Ibos and Yorubas no way I took sides after mentioning the **educated most fighting online snipers** we have in southern Nigeria.
grin bro serious Yorubas and Ibos pls reconcile.

Appi Nu year

We IGBOS are a very very BIG tribe - one of the Biggest tribes in AFRICA
The dirty YOROS bleeped with the wrong tribe.
From Delta North to Cross Rivers is Igbo
From Igweocha to Well North of Nsukka.
DO you know how many Igbos in Sabo Gari - Kano?
In Lagos? Abuja? Europe? SOuth Africa? ASIA? America?
And in between?
DONT Bleep WITH US BC WE CAN PUSH BACK HARD

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
RickyTan:

We IGBOS are a very very BIG tribe - one of the Biggest tribes in AFRICA
The dirty YOROS bleeped with the wrong tribe.
From Delta North to Cross Rivers is Igbo
From Igweocha to Well North of Nsukka.
DO you know how many Igbos in Sabo Gari - Kano?
In Lagos? Abuja? Europe? SOuth Africa? ASIA? America?
And in between?
DONT Bleep WITH US BC WE CAN PUSH BACK HARD

Nice. That what I like to here about southern Nigeria. But can we all put that all in one Basket and Feed Africa pls. Peace should rain amongst Us aleast online. Abeg yu
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by RickyTan: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

Nice. That what I like to here about southern Nigeria. But can we all put that all in one Basket and Feed Africa pls. Peace should rain amongst Us aleast online. Abeg yu

Noted
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

Am from Benin city Edo state.
Ikpoba okha LGA
Upper Sakponba.

It's a dope area
I was born there
but dont go there.
Ask your kinsmen Niggs get shot in front of Police presence
Am a city boy and am use to Yoruba and Ibo boys.
I can't be a tribalist man.
I jus left lag Oct last year.
From Benin to onitsha is jus 45mins. I have been to PH tru Imo.
Enugu through onitsha.
Woooow!
That's interesting
Are you a tourist
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
RickyTan:

Noted

Thumbs up!
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 10:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Okeikpu:
Woooow!
That's interesting
Are you a tourist

Yu my friend now bru!
I will tell yu d truth.

No am not a tourist
See the current day reality
Am almost look like a terrorist
made me tour every nook and cranny of Nigeria just to get a Job.
Am a man the outcome won't make me sob
So sad it hurts wen I look my Wrists
Time is not on my side yet no range rover
I drink cheap liquors all day till I hang-over
They say the south is much greener
With Ibos Vs yoruba beef going down
So I head up dusty north to work as a gardener
Yu see bro I hustle were yu Live
Menh I really gat to eat
Am not yet In italy
Come to tink of the heat
With this pains and sorrow
Am just so glad cos am close to Soweto!
**cuddlesMic**

#AfricArise
#iboYorubaMatters

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 3:58am On Jan 09, 2017
onward4life:

Yu my friend now bru!
I wu tell yu d truth.

No am not a tourist
But the current day reality
Has made me tour every nook and cranny of Nigeria just to get a Job.
Am a man the outcome won't make me sob
So sad it hurts wen I look my Wrists
Time not on my side yet no range rover
I drink cheap liquors all day till I hang-over
They say the south is much greener
But Ibos and yoruba online war Red eyes
So I head north even to work a gardener
Yu see bro I hustle were yu Live
Menh I really gat to eat
Am not yet In italy
Come to tink of the heat
With this pains and sorrow
Am just glad cos am close to Soweto!
**cuddlesMic**

#AfricArise
#iboYorubaMatters
Na wa oh!
Get rich or die trying
You'll make it
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2017
Okeikpu:
Na wa oh!
Get rich or die trying
You'll make it

Thanks u2
Have a splendid week!

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2017
musicwriter:
Its a pity people talk about culture, but they don't understand what exactly it is. Peagentry, dancing and singing is not culture per se, but expression of culture.

What is culture?

Culture is condensed language. The way a people behave unpolluted, the way they talk, the way they sign-language; that's the way they say something without actually saying a word; for instance saying "yes" or "no" with a nod of the head, the way they greet, their belief system, the way they learn, their type of government, e.t.c. Its easy to understand how. Since the beginning of time, the first thing humanity invented was language, because they needed it to communicate themselves. It was the languages spoken by different societies that defined the way they did all of the above. So, those living in Japan speaking a language sounding Japan-Japan became known as the Japanese. And those living in China speaking a language that sounds Chin-Chin became known as Chinese. Its applicable to all languages; including our Igbo and other African languages. Of course, you wouldn't know how your own language sounds to foreigners. Only foreigners can tell how another language sounds to them.

Therefore, its the language itself that is the culture!. If you're an Igbo man, you're one unit of Igbo culture. A Hausa man is one unit of Hausa culture. A Yoruba man is one unit of Yoruba culture. e.t.c. Your language have naturally programmed you to behave like others who speak it.

How can you be sure?

If you kill every Hausa man in the world leaving just two of them (man and woman), in future that two people will populate the Hausa nation again, as long as they continue speaking the Hausa language.

If you kill every Yoruba man in the world leaving just two of them (man and woman), in future that two people will populate the Yoruba nation again, as long as they continue speaking the Yoruba language.

If you kill every Igbo man in the world leaving just two of them (man and woman), in future that two people will populate the Igbo nation again, as long as they continue speaking the Igbo language.

Again, this is because language already programmed your genes to behave like your ancestors who spoke that language before you.

This is why the first thing the colonial powers did was to destroy the language of any society they wanted to control. When the language of a society is altered that society would eventually adopt the culture of the new language imposed on them. They'll eventually become foreigners in their own land!. And this is why we cry our culture is under attack!!. The reason is because the English language we've accepted as if our life depend on it, is actually gradually eroding our cultures all over Africa!!.

Obijackson's intention may be good, but he don't just know how to go about achieving his goal. Instead of organizing wasteful peagentry, dancing and singing shows, he'd better be working with our ministry of education and schools to have Igbo language as a compulsory subject in school. In fact, he should better lobby Igbo educationists and inform them that instead of requiring "credit" in English, our schools should require credit in Igbo language. Do you know what would happen? Everybody would still study English, but the purpose of promoting the Igbo language (culture) would've been achieved.

Read the extended version on the link on my signature.

Seen your post.
I want to believe yu are truly involved in the curbing of hateful tribal ethno region and religious online unrest.
We need more our type to preach peace
But then nice write up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? / The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com / Iwa Akwa Festival:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.