Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Don't Waste Your Life Doing Youth Ministry - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Don't Waste Your Life Doing Youth Ministry (445 Views)

Plan Your Life Around Your Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Waste Your Life Doing Youth Ministry by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 08, 2017
Gathered by Abu Mardiy Kewdirôrun At-thaqoofiy

Praise be to Allaah and blessings of Allaah be upon His Messenger and Chosen Prophet.
Some youngsters think only of play and entertainment, and spending their time in things that are of no benefit.
Some youngsters love to worship Allaah, seek knowledge, call others to Allaah and strive to learn the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

Worshipping Allaah in one’s youth is a sign that a person is good, the Prophet spoke of the great virtue of a young man who grows up worshipping and obeying Allaah, and said that he will be shaded by Allaah on the Day of Resurrection, the Day when the sun will be directly over the heads of the people.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“There are seven whom Allaah will shade with His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His: the just ruler; a young man who grows up worshipping his Lord; a man whose heart is attached to the mosque; two men who love one another for the sake of Allaah and meet and part on that basis; a man who is called by a woman of rank and beauty and says ‘I fear Allaah’; a man who gives in charity and conceals it to such an extent that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives; and a man who remembers Allaah when he is alone, and his eyes fill up." Narrated by Al-Bukhaari, no. 620; Muslim, no. 1712; and others).
Whoever keeps his physical faculties away from sin when he is young, Allaah will protect him when he gets older.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Ibn ‘Abbaas when he was a young boy: “Be mindful of Allaah and He will take care of you.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2516; classed as Saheeh by Ash-Shaykh Al-Albaani in Saheeh At-Tirmidhi .
Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Whoever is mindful of Allaah when he is young and strong, Allaah will take care of him when he is old and has become weak, and will bless him with good hearing, eyesight, strength and reasoning.

One of the scholars who lived beyond the age of one hundred years and enjoyed good strength and reasoning, jumped up in a lively manner one day and was asked about that.
He said: “I kept these physical faculties from sin when I was young and Allaah has preserved them for me now that I am old.”

The opposite also applies; one of the Salaf saw an old man begging from people and said: “This is a weak man who ignored Allaah when he was young, so Allaah is ignoring him now he has grown old.” See: Jaamiul-Uloom wal-Hukam, (1/186).
May Almighty Allaah forgive our shortcomings and accept our deeds.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Waste Your Life Doing Youth Ministry by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 08, 2017
Ameen

(1) (Reply)

How To Fight Poverty In The North / Moon Sighted In Sokoto / Menses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.