Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,609 members, 7,847,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

So You Want To Get A Degree, Why? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So You Want To Get A Degree, Why? (412 Views)

Meet The World's Genius Set To Bag A Degree At Age 9. (photos) / What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So You Want To Get A Degree, Why? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
let me tell you what society would tell you
-it increases your chances of getting a job,your life would be a lot less stressful, provides you with an opportunity to be successful...'education is the key'
your parents would say make me proud.But lets looks at the statistics
steve jobs (rip)- 7 billion dollars net worth
oprah winfrey- 2 billion dollars net worth
Richard brandson -4.2 billion dollars net worth.
looking at this guys,although being successful never graduated from a higher learning institution. Now some of you would protest that money is the medium by which we measure worldly success, some of you would even have the nerve to say 'i don't do it for the money',so what you studying for? to work for charity? all am saying is if there was a family tree,hardwork and education would be related but school would probably be a distant cousin but if education is the key, then school is the lock.
Proverbs 17:16 it does a fool no good to spend money on education,why? because he has no common sense.
Education is about inspiring ones mind not just filling thier heads with books,and take this from me because i am an educated man myself who came to this realization after pondering about this.
Now, am not saying school is evil or there's nothing to gain, all am saying is understand your motives and re access your aim because if you want to get a job working for someone else, help yourself.There is a saying which says 'if you don't build your dream, someone else would hire you to build thiers.Redefine how you view education, understand is true meaning. Education is not just about regurgitating facts from a book on some else opinion on a subject to pass an exam. look at this, picaso was educated in creating art, Shakespeare was educated in the act of what was written , colonel sanders was educated in the act of creating Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). i once saw david Beckham take a free kick, i watched as the side of his adidas sponsored boot hit the ball and caused it to move in the sky as if it was destined for the heavens,and then as it reached the peak of its momentum, as though it changed its mind and switched direction. i watched as the keeper froze.After seeing this,i realised there is more than one way in this world to be an educated man,school is just one.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Parent Be Responsible For Childs Masters Tuition Or The Child? / Complete Solution For Primary And Secondary School Problems @ Little Or No Cost / At Last Lautech Finally Resumes Back After 8 Months Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.