Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November (6532 Views)

Poll: Which team's getting 3 points?

Barcelona: 30% (7 votes)
Inter Milan: 52% (12 votes)
They'll share points: 17% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Guinness International Champions Cup Semifinal: Chelsea Vs AC Milan 2-0 RESULT / R E S U L T Guiness International Champions Cup: Chelsea Vs Inter Milan 2-0 / UCL: Barcelona Vs AC Milan (2 - 2) On September 13th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Cristalz(f): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
Inter Milan    6 points
Barcelona     5 points
Rubin Kazan 5 points
Dynamo Kyiv 4 points

In Group F, Internazionale Milano will seek to strengthen their position at the top of the group as they take on title holders FC Barcelona in arguably the biggest game of the night at the Camp Nou.
Pretty tight group this is with only 2 points separating the leaders from the bottom team.

This will be Samuel Eto'o's first match back at the Camp Nou since his summer departure in the deal that took Zlatan Ibrahimović to Spain. Jose Mourinho also has some history with Barcelona, having once served as assistant coach.
Jose Mourinho's side are in pretty good form, with minimal injuries resulting from the recent international break. Sneijder and Santon are the only injured ones on the list.
Now Mourinho is one coach with a lot of serious guns in his arsenal.
In attack, Samuel Eto'o, Mario Balotelli and Diego Milito are eager to put holes in nets. Eto'o and Milito should head the attack, with Balotelli available as a sub if necessary.
In midfield, we've got Zanetti, Patrick Vieira, Stankovic, Quaresma, Muntari, Mancini, Thiago Motta and Cambiasso all good to go. Alessandro Mancini is one tenacious midfielder; he might start this one. Javier Zanetti, Dejan Stankovic and Esteban Cambiasso are likely choices for the remaining 3.
Inter Milan are up against a team that plays free-flowing attacking football, so they will need a lot of pace on the night. For that reason, Vieira should start from the bench to come on if necessary. Thiago Motta was Mourinho's first choice in their last domestic league game.  .  .it's likely that he will be picked over Mancini to start, as strength as well as speed will be required to hold Barcelona's midfield down.
In defense, Christian Chivu, Walter Samuel, Ivan Cordoba, Maicon and Marco Materazzi are all available choices. Of course, ball magnet Julio Cesar will be firmly in goal.

If Barcelona lose this game and Rubin beat Dynamo Kyiv, the defending champions will be eliminated. Gotta love this group.  .  .so much tension. So basically, Barcelona must not lose.
In attack, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is out injured and Lionel Messi suffered a thigh strain on Saturday against Athletic Bilbao. Messi is a doubt for this game.  .  .in fact he is likely to not feature at all because Barcelona face Real Madrid next weekend and they will require the star's services. Risking him in this game is not advisable.
In absence of those two, Pep Guardiola has got Thierry Henry, Bojan Krkic and Pedro available.
In midfield, the Camp Nou got hit by the persistent Swine flu, leaving Yaya Toure infected. He is a doubt for this game. Guardiola has got options though; Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Seydou Keita and Sergi Busquets are the 4 likely to start on the night.
In defense, Rafael Marquez and Eric Abidal are down with swine flu so they are doubts. Gabi Milito is still on the recovery road, so it's not certain that he will start. He might feature on the bench. Maxwell could replace Abidal in the left-back position. Pique, Dani Alves, Carles Puyol are the likely names to complete the back quartet. Victor Valdes will be in goal.
This is a game Barcelona cannot safely afford to lose.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by FBS: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
Get ready for Fireworks. . .

JM, Eto'o, Milito,show them what you got!

PS: Barca 2nd?
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Cristalz(f): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2009
In the group? Yeah, they are 2nd.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by FBS: 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2009
ha Yes. I intially thought Rubin was 2nd.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Dclique(m): 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2009
This game is going to be hard for eto. Playing against his former club. Lets see what will come out of it. I think inter is going to win.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Cristalz(f): 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2009
@FBS
Lemme check again. . .
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Cristalz(f): 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2009
ESPN placed them in 2nd place based on GD.
On the UEFA site, they are in 3rd place. No GD stats.

Pick your take. grin ESPN's got proof so I'm with them. Besides, the table looks nicer with Barca right behind Inter.

@Dclique
You're right.
I wonder if he'll celebrate if he gets a goal. Will probably just shake his head sorrowfully while he walks away. cheesy grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Dclique(m): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
Haha, i think he will jump into the crowd and shut them up, cus they will definately be cursing at him.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by ogazi007(m): 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
Well,there is nothing pep cant do,i know he is upto something.
we are gonna make it and retain the trophy
forza barca.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by scantee(m): 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
no need of argument here, because the 3 points is already given to the owner, guess who FCB
Braca 4 live
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by scantee(m): 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2009
Vote of confidence

Sandra Sarmiento

Pep Guardiola’s Barça squad has a habit of overcoming the most difficult circumstances in the Champions League.

Group F is the tightest in this season’s Champions League, with just 2 points separating Inter in top spot and Dynamo Kiev in fourth. Barça, who are currently in third place, play hosts to Inter Milan knowing that they need a win to bring the knockout stages a little nearer. The team that has won five trophies under the guidance of Pep Guardiola has remained true to its footballing style and deserves the full support and confidence of the fans.

Lyon - a defining moment

WEB_15.jpgLast season’s CL tie against Olympique Lyon was one of the defining moments so far of the Guardiola era. Barça had lost the local derby against Espanyol, drawn in Gerland thanks to a goal from Frenchman Thierry Henry and then lost in the Vicente Calderón. It was one of the trickiest moments of the season. Barça needed a win to take them through to the Champions League quarterfinals – and they got it!

Champions League absentees

The problems continued to pile up for Barça even in the final. The squad travelled to Rome for the final on 27th May with Márquez injured, Abidal and Alves suspended, and Henry and Iniesta still struggling with injury. Despite all these problems, Barça produced a superb team effort to beat Manchester United and lift the trophy.

The same situation 3 years ago

FCB_-_WERDER_BREMEN_19.jpgIn 2006, after the Paris final against Arsenal, Barça played host to Werder Bremen for the last match of the group stage. Just like now, Barça were in third place, behind Mourinho’s Chelsea and Werder Bremen themselves. Only a win would guarantee qualification for Barça. A marvellous free kick by Ronaldinho and another goal from Gudjohnsen gave Barça the three points.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada09-10/11/n091123107939.html
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by adebayo201: 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
scantee:

no need of argument here, because the 3 points is already given to the owner, guess who FCB
Braca 4 live

embarassed embarassed
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by biina: 6:16am On Nov 24, 2009
The UEFA standings are correct that Barca is 3rd. Head to head results are used ahead of goal difference.

Barcelona
Out: Yaya Touré (illness)
Doubtful: Lionel Messi (groin), Gabriel Milito (knee), Eric Abidal (left thigh, illness), Rafael Márquez (illness), Zlatan Ibrahimović (hamstring)Without Tourefully fit Ibra and Messi, barca will be lucky to get a draw. I would expect both to start from the bench and come on if needed.

Inter
Out: Davide Santon (knee)
Doubtful: Wesley Sneijder (thigh)

Not looking good for Barcelona  grin
e be like say DK go get company (Farca & Liverfool) for europa league
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by tkb417(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2009
Barca are 3rd on the table

i want to bet, i think it will end in a draw grin grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by edoyad(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2009
So the defending Champions could be eliminated today ? UCL is a bitsh maen !
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by scantee(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2009
edoyad:

So the defending Champions could be eliminated today ? UCL is a bitsh maen !
\
shut up ur bushit mount now. angry angry angry angry
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by tkb417(m): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2009
if they get sent out today
it can only mean a thang; they arent good enuff

tht has been their hallmark since ive been following footie

lets see b4 i run my mouth/finger

this is the best time to avenge that shameful loss in May
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Cristalz(f): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2009
Where is Chic2pimp, by the way?

Muki, you finally had him kidnapped?
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by mukina2: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2009
Cristalz:

Where is Chic2pimp, by the way?

Muki, you finally had him kidnapped?
i heard he was caught trying to kidnap a Goat grin grin

aww Yaya is out sad i wanted him to play sad
get well soon sweetie kiss grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by edoyad(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
scantee:

\
shut up your bushit mount now. angry angry angry angry

You are a naughty shild tongue
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Olami90: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2009
Though it is goin to b tough.i am nt barca nor inter fan bt i giv it to inter milan.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by scantee(m): 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
Olami90:

Though it is goin to b tough.i am nt barca nor inter fan bt i giv it to inter milan.

you must be joking.

edoyad:

You are a naughty shild tongue

hahahah i laugh you in spanish birikilidikilimukililk haaaaaaaaaa
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Emperoh(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2009
Star match it will be!!
Expect fire works and water works!!!!!
Can't wait. . . and if barca is eliminated, Khanye and Krayola should wait for me!!
Muki too!!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by mukina2: 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2009
sharap. at least Yaya fine pass you grin grin tongue
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by elowa: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2009
all these injury gist is not a good story, i better start fasting now till the end of the match. barca must win, even if na ref support grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by scottN(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
elowa:

all these injury gist is not a good story, i better start fasting now till the end of the match. barca must win, even if na ref support grin

C U u think last year with Chelsea will repeat itself ?
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Emperoh(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2009
mukina2:

sharap. at least Yaya fine pass you grin grin tongue

No worry, his fineness will save Barca when they lose k?
Senior Ode!! tongue tongue tongue
Fine ko find ni!!!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by emyworld: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2009
hey fellas, the game is going to end 2-1 in favour of inter milan. Why? Barca is without messi and possibly ibracadabra. please note that ibra has never been the man for big occasions, rather messi is and so is thierry henry in a way. This game is gonna be difficult. Barca play beautiful football, while inter play defensive and can be deadly in counter attacks. Inter is supermotivated cos they won their last league game which gives them confidence. secondly, inter have less injuries and with a tactical coach that has seen it all in CL. Barca made a grave mistake by selling Eto'o. Ibra is doing well cos even you the reader will do well considering the likes of xavi, iniesta and messi, goalscoring becomes easier. Eto'o is not scoring that much cos he has to work for the goals himself and score most of the time. Interestingly eto is doing well in inter, setting up goals for others. I appreciate both clubs a lot but to be objective without sentiments to inter(as a nerrazzuri), inter is winning 2-1. I need someone to counter this submission.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Krayola(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
Eto'o will receive the standing ovation he deserves. Inter will be pounded into oblivion.

Prepare to witness a footballing masterclass. cool cool
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by khanye(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2009
Emperoh:

Star match it will be!!
Expect fire works and water works!!!!!
Can't wait. . . and if barca is eliminated, Khanye and Krayola should wait for me!!
Muki too!!

Keep dreaming. . . . . cool
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by scantee(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2009
emyworld:

hey fellas, the game is going to end 2-1 in favour of inter milan. Why? Barca is without messi and possibly ibracadabra. please note that ibra has never been the man for big occasions, rather messi is and so is thierry henry in a way. This game is gonna be difficult. Barca play beautiful football, while inter play defensive and can be deadly in counter attacks. Inter is supermotivated cos they won their last league game which gives them confidence. secondly, inter have less injuries and with a tactical coach that has seen it all in CL. Barca made a grave mistake by selling Eto'o. Ibra is doing well cos even you the reader will do well considering the likes of xavi, iniesta and messi, goalscoring becomes easier. Eto'o is not scoring that much cos he has to work for the goals himself and score most of the time. Interestingly eto is doing well in inter, setting up goals for others. I appreciate both clubs a lot but to be objective without sentiments to inter(as a nerrazzuri), inter is winning 2-1. I need someone to counter this submission.

wake up man
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Inter Milan [2 - 0] On Tues 24th November by Sauron1: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2009
Krayola:

Eto'o will receive the standing ovation he deserves. Inter will be pounded into oblivion.

Prepare to witness a footballing masterclass. cool cool

Barca cannot disgrace a Jose Mourinho team.
If Jose wants a DRAW, he would get the DRAW.
Should you allow his side to score first. . . .Y'all are TOAST. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time / Carling Cup Semi: Man City Vs Man Utd [2 - 1] On Tues, 19th Jan / Manchester City Vs Sunderland (3 - 2) On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.