Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

How I Nearly Got Blind Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Nearly Got Blind Today (1838 Views)

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me / Beautiful Lady Marries A Blind Man In Lafia (Photos) / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2017
NL'ders..jst help me thank God o
i nearly lost my eyes today. How it all happened: i woke up around 3:30a.m as usual to assist my mum in her cooking cuz she is a caterer nd she cooks on contracts for all events. today happens to be one of those days, she had to cook for a child dedication. since its not something new to me, d cooking started in ernest, nd i was handling the gravvy in the bigpot, we call it eka esio(mother pot).after 20to25minutes it started boiling,at that time my mum was stil preparing d cabbage nd carrot for d salad, me being an expert at cooking decided to pour the rice from d sieve after parboiling it, inside the pot before she comes bcks..pouring it inside d pot wasnt something new to me,bt tday ws jst different..d riced jst tumbled inside d pot with d sieve with a mighty 'gbim!!' nd splashed d pepperish gravvy straight to my face(nose nd eye) i dnt knw wat happend next bt i realized i ws on d floor, screaming nd yelling..until my mum came to my rescue...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by kmaxx(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Benblaq:
NL'ders..jst help me thank God o
i nearly lost my eyes today. How it all happened: i woke up around 3:30a.m as usual to assist my mum in her cooking cuz she is a caterer nd she cooks on contracts for all events. today happens to be one of those days, she had to cook for a child dedication. since its not something new to me, d cooking started in ernest, nd i was handling the gravvy in the bigpot, we call it eka esio(mother pot).after 20to25minutes it started boiling,at that time my mum was stil preparing d cabbage nd carrot for d salad, me being an expert at cooking decided to pour the rice from d sieve after parboiling it, inside the pot before she comes bcks..pouring it inside d pot wasnt something new to me,bt tday ws jst different..d riced jst tumbled inside d pot with d sieve with a mighty 'gbim!!' nd splashed d pepperish gravvy straight to my face(nose nd eye) i dnt knw wat happend next bt i realized i ws on d floor, screaming nd yelling..until my mum came to my rescue...

Thank GOD for you.

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by sweettease(f): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2017
Thank God for you o, that was how one Titus fish I was frying threatened me also, but thank God I have my eyes now and I ate the Titus fish grin

6 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
she quickly applied her powerful SHEA BUTTER ... as i sat on d floor helplessly,millions of things ran through my mind like flashes of light 'oboi benji na so u dn tke blind o' 'choi na so blindness de?' immediately i thought of my whatsapp unread messages from my mates, my argument abt my catholic faith on nairaland with DR.aLIEN, nd i began to imagine myself being held by d hands while walking..At that time my mum spoke to my elder sister "Rebecca take him inside" she held my hands nd i became furious "stop behaving as if i am blind" i yelled.."infact lemme" You need to see me at dat time, i ws nothing different from a blindman.When i goT inside i couldnt hold back d tears, i cried nt 4 myself, bt 4 d millions of people out there permanently blind..i thought of many things until i drifted of to an unexpected nd unwanted sleep amidst d hotness and burns
I woke up again around 8:00a.m, feeling cool nd normal.u nid to C rebecca like "benji Can u c me" i laughed
jst had a bath nd a gud breakfast.tnk u LORD

15 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
kmaxx:

Thank GOD for you.
my brother, jst 9days afta new yr o..GOD4BID

2 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:
Thank God for you o, that was how one Titus fish I was frying threatened me also, but thank God I have my eyes now and I ate the Titus fish grin
lwkmd...who come hlp u kilam?

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by MINTY1(f): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thank God for you
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by sweettease(f): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
Benblaq:
lwkmd...who come hlp u kilam?
Nah, it was iced fish I was frying, and the oil actually got into one of my eyes, all those little sprays that come out when you put in a fresh batch or want to turn to the other part. I was so scared, in fact I can't explain what happened but I still have both my eyes.
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by sweettease(f): 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
Benblaq:
she quickly applied her powerful SHEA BUTTER ... as i sat on d floor helplessly,millions of things ran through my mind like flashes of light 'oboi benji na so u dn tke blind o' 'choi na so blindness de?' immediately i thought of my whatsapp unread messages from my mates, my argument abt my catholic faith on nairaland with DR.aLIEN, nd i began to imagine myself being held by d hands while walking..At that time my mum spoke to my elder sister "Rebecca take him inside" she held my hands nd i became furious "stop behaving as if i am blind" i yelled.."infact lemme" You need to see me at dat time, i ws nothing different from a blindman. When i go inside i couldnt hold back d tears, i cried nt 4 myself, bt 4 d millions of people out there permanently blind..i thought of many things until i drifted of to an unexpected nd unwanted sleep amidst d hotness and burns
I woke up again around 8:00a.m, feeling cool nd normal.u nid to C rebecca like "benji Can u c me" i laughed
Choi! You were scared of going blind and was worried about whatsapp unread messages grin na wa o
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:
Nah, it was iced fish I was frying, and the oil actually got into one of my eyes, all those little sprays that come out when you put in a fresh batch or want to turn to the other part. I was so scared, in fact I can't explain what happened but I still have both my eyes.
its always d eyes dat 'POPS'
it happened to my sister sometime ago
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by sweettease(f): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Benblaq:
its always d eyes dat 'POPS'
it happened to my sister sometime ago
it's not just the eyes, sometimes whatever little water that's on the fish when it's dipped in hot oil produces droplets that pops out
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:
Choi! You were scared of going blind and was worried about whatsapp unread messages grin na wa o
MY DEAR..YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND..I jst caught a bae last wk..we r stl setting formation..na dat kind tin persn go con blind leave!
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:
it's not just the eyes, sometimes whatever little water that's on the fish when it's dipped in hot oil produces droplets that pops out
ND d spot always become black after sometime
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by sweettease(f): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Benblaq:
MY DEAR..YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND..I jst caught a bae last wk..we r stl setting formation..na dat kind tin persn go con blind leave!
lol you need a vision of, and I'm not talking about physical vision now cheesy
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by sweettease(f): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Benblaq:
ND d spot always become black after sometime
mine didn't
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:
lol you need a vision of, and I'm not talking about physical vision now cheesy
lwkmd..wat vision again na
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:
mine didn't
daminz it ws nt hot...
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by megareal: 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
I thank God for you, but your priorities weren't straight even in pain. Na wa for you. cheesy
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
You are lucky. Well I thankGod for you cheesy
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Edipee(m): 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
God is indeed great; I bless Him for your life.

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
megareal:
I thank God for you, but your priorities weren't straight even in pain. Na wa for you. cheesy
sista all of dem r important
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
Catalin:
You are lucky. Well I thankGod for you cheesy
Yes o..Twale 4 hm
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Benblaq:
she quickly applied her powerful SHEA BUTTER ... as i sat on d floor helplessly,millions of things ran through my mind like flashes of light 'oboi benji na so u dn tke blind o' 'choi na so blindness de?' immediately i thought of my whatsapp unread messages from my mates, my argument abt my catholic faith on nairaland with DR.aLIEN, nd i began to imagine myself being held by d hands while walking..At that time my mum spoke to my elder sister "Rebecca take him inside" she held my hands nd i became furious "stop behaving as if i am blind" i yelled.."infact lemme" You need to see me at dat time, i ws nothing different from a blindman.When i goT inside i couldnt hold back d tears, i cried nt 4 myself, bt 4 d millions of people out there permanently blind..i thought of many things until i drifted of to an unexpected nd unwanted sleep amidst d hotness and burns
This really touched me. I thank God for you smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 5:45am On Jan 11, 2017
worworgirl:
This really touched me. I thank God for you smiley
umm thats life for us.. What can we do rather than to pray for them..
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by sisisioge: 6:53am On Jan 11, 2017
Thank God for your life! It could really have been worse.
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Benblaq(m): 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
sisisioge:
Thank God for your life! It could really have been worse.
its bin God all d way
Re: How I Nearly Got Blind Today by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
Women. I can't but salute you guys.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Mum Spotted Doing Weight Lift, Leaving Everyone Shocked / What Do I Do With My Home? I Need Sincere Advice. / Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.