Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) (14373 Views)

Caleb University Calls Police On Students Protesting, Many Injured / Police Arrest EBSU Students Protesting A Month Power Outage (Photos) / Police Teargas, Shoot & Chase LAUTECH Students Protesting 7 Months Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Lautechgossip(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
Students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, today protested the non-payment of their lecturers’ salaries by the Oyo and Osun state governments, the joint owners of the institution.

Trooping out in their hundreds, the protesters had disrupted movement of vehicles in the city of Ibadan, capital of Oyo State.

According to the students, Osun and its Oyo counterpart had not paid their lecturers in the past 16 months.

They claimed that they had been subjected to hardship and idleness since the strike began.

The protest which began at 9a.m., was led by some student union executives.

See photos below...

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/photos-of-lautech-students-protesting.html

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Lionbite(m): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
Wow this crowd is very large o.

8 Likes

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Lautechgossip(m): 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
More pictures

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Technical FTC!
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by afolwalex20(m): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
undecided
Bridge dey inside d school ni?
Or dey are just outside ranting
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by ngwababe(f): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
After

20 Likes

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Baba4dgals: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
Booked
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by George2016(m): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Government should do their work well to avoid this kind of protest

1 Like

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by SenJoe(m): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
This boys shaa. My younger bro done dey smell house o.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by kelEmi(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
...In their hundreds!!
I hope the students are using their time wisely.. learn a trade today! No strike with handwork...
As for the lecturers I no even know wetin to tell them.. Pele!
Corruption in high places
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by saxwizard(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
make dey just close the school
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by ajokebelle(f): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
Imagine , they just wasted last year for us.
Supposed to be in 500l now, but still in 400l, not yet written 400l first semester exam sef.
well done guys, post pictures from osogbo please.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by KingOfThePay(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Those buildings tho.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by muller102(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
Osun and oyo owned institution. What a wrong collabo.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Timothy3113(m): 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
Iya yi to, Iya yi to oo
Iya yi to lautech ko ba wa Lara mu
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by engrjacuzzi: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
awolowo will be regretting giving Yoruba free education. strikes predominantly persistent in the west and eastern part of the country.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by oluwatymylehyn(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
This protest of a thing will not move this two governors an inch. They are the worst governors in the history of the two states. They have no human feelings and they are oblivion to the plights of the masses. However, I salute the courage of these students though, I hope the necessary stakeholders will look into this.

4 Likes

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by seguno2: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
engrjacuzzi:
awolowo will be regretting giving Yoruba free education. strikes predominantly persistent in the west and eastern part of the country.

Are you okay?
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by seguno2: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
oluwatymylehyn:
This protest of a thing will not move this two governors an inch. They are the worst governors in the history of the two states. They have no human feelings and they are oblivion to the plights of the masses. However, I salute the courage of these students though, I hope the necessary stakeholders will look into this.

What do you think will move the two governors?
What are you doing in that direction?
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
NIgeria which way .... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by Sanuzi(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ogbeni Rauf
Ogbeni Rauf
Ogbeni Rauf

Aregbe how many times i calll u .pls answer them ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by dreezybines: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
afolwalex20:
undecided
Bridge dey inside d school ni?
Or dey are just outside ranting

That's not lautech...

That's oyo state Secretariat...

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by budosky(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2017

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by oscaruzie(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
seguno2:

What do you think will move the two governors?
What are you doing in that direction?

he Is hope-ing that the necessary people will...you know nah grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by budosky(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
May God help us
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by gUdbOiii(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
MY FINDINGS ON THE EFFECT OF LAUTECH STRIKE ON STUDENTS http://belovedkonsult.com/my-findings-on-the-effect-of-lautech-strike-on-students/

7months has caused so many ups and downs for us Students.
Most of us abandoned our book let alone reading them.
Our parents are tired of seeing us at home…
Some were able to make money while some go for Knowledge…
Some died during this Struggle.
Our hostel rent is counting.
Our neighbours who are indigene are bedridden no source of income for them again.
YOU CALL US LEADERS OF TOMORROW AND YOU PREVENT US FROM GROWING.
WE PLEAD WITH YOU TODAY, RESTORE LAUTECH, RESTORE US, RESTORE OUR HOPE, OUR LECTURERS ARE HUNGRY PLEASE PAY THEM.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS OYO STATE
GOD BLESS OSUN STATE
GOD BLESS LAUTECH
GOD KEEP LADOKITES
#REOPENLAUTECH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by seguno2: 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
oscaruzie:
he Is hope-ing that the necessary people will...you know nah grin

I know, bro.
I just could not resist the temptation of exposing his high sense of IRRESPONSIBILITY even as he tries to hide behind some ABSTRACT, undefined others.
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by emmasege: 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
I pity these innocent children who are paying for what they didn't buy. The truth of the matter is that Osun has no business in the joint ownership of LAUTECH again. Why can't Osun Govt sell its own shares to Oyo and use the funds to support their own Osun University? In this way, it will be easier to direct the blame at someone. The body language of both governors does not suggest commitment towards LAUTECH in anyway. These two state governors rank among the greatest debtors in Nigeria today in terms of wages, not to even talk of bebts already incurred by Aregbe for generations yet unborn.

This is one reason why I detest a state university for anyone close to me. You never can predict when their crisis will end once it starts. LAUTECH has been closed down for almost 8 months due to labour dispute, and yet citizens of those states keep mute and life still goes on. Let UI or OAU or any federal university be closed down for 3 months as a result of a local labour dispute (not national dispute), and watch Abuja quiver. The reason is obvious: a federal institution has federal character in terms of admission and employment, and the news will spread faster.

If it's not a first generation federal university for my wards, it must be a very good private university in the class of Covenant University.

7 Likes

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by seguno2: 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
budosky:
May God help us

Kindly explain HOW exactly you want God to help us?
Do you expect Him to come down or what do you want gan?
Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by oluwatymylehyn(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
Many protests have been held last year, all to no avail. If it had moved them, we wouldn't be at home by now. They are Pharaohs of this generation. If they refuse to hearken to our pleas, what happened to Pharaoh will happen to them. Stupid people.

1 Like

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by MedicalSamwise(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
7 months strike and still counting
2015 500L
2016 500L
2017 500L

Hattrick cry cry cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) by davss02(m): 2:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
Is it the lautech that strikes pass thunder

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB To Enforce Provision Of O-Level Results Before Admission / WAEC Set To Release 2018/2019 May/june Exam Results 1st Week Of July / If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.