Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

God Is Not Blood Thirsty! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not Blood Thirsty! (386 Views)

If SAUDI ARABI Is Indeed A Holy Land, Why Is The Land Blood Thirsty. / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Mia Khalifa Receives Death Threats From Blood-thirsty Christian Lunatics!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not Blood Thirsty! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
'The god who exacts the last drop of blood from his Son so that his just anger, evoked by sin, may be appeased, is not the God revealed by and in Jesus Christ. And if he is not the God of Jesus, he does not exist.'' Brennan Manning

‘And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding blood is no remission.’’ Hebrews 9:22
The fundamental principle in which the Law deals with sins is expressed in these words apart from ‘the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins.’’ Blood is sometimes substituted for death being that blood is essential to life. For when blood is shed, forgiveness flows. That was the basis of atonement under the Old Covenant. However, the problem with this Old Testament system of atonement was that it was continually been carried out year in year out. As a result, those once purified were not still perfect as they still carried the consciousness of their sins. God sending Jesus in the likeness of sinful flesh as an offering for sin was to fulfill the righteous requirement of the Law for sin once and for all, thereafter cleansing our evil conscience of sins. He freed us from the bondage of sin through the Law and declared us righteous.

‘The Law being a shadow of good things to come and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices, which they offered year by year continually, make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? Because that the worshipers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. Wherefore when he (Jesus) cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and burnt offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepares me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sins thou art no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of book it is written of me) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hast pleasure therein; which are offered by the Law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do your will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once and for all.’’ Hebrews 10:1-10

Jesus became our atonement by shedding his own blood. He secured our pardons from death row and the dominion of darkness through sin. All this he......

Click the link to continue: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2017/01/god-is-not-blood-thirsty.html

(1) (Reply)

Fight The Right Foe. / Why Every Nigerian Church Should Have A Website! / Why Do Some Pastors And Preachers Abuse Speaking In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.