Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' (910 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Rocks Cleavage Revealing Outfit To BON Awards / Celebrities Step Out For BON Awards 2018 (Photos) / Real Reason Why Tuface Backed Out Of Planned Nationwide Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' by TunezMediaTV: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
Weeks to last year’s edition of Best of Nollywood award, popular yoruba actress Mercy Aigbe and comedian Okey Bakkassi were announced as the anchors of the event, however, the Nollywood actress disappointed her fans and the event organisers when she refused to show up at the highly anticipated show.

After the event, there were speculations that the actress backed out at the last minute because of her poor English as she didn't want to disgrace herself in front of the crowd seeing that she mostly features in Yoruba movies.

Days ago, Mercy Aigbe was cornered by the media who asked the mother of two on her reason for skipping on the Best Of Nollywood awards, if not for her fluency in English.

An infuriated Mercy responded saying;
"I would not speak on why I was not at BON awards or why I did not host the event. I don’t care about what anybody says. If they say my spoken English is not fluent, that is their business. I do not speak fluently yet I have hosted various awards including the City People awards. People have watched my interviews on television and they listen to me speak on my social media accounts."

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2017/01/actress-mercy-aigbe-backed-out-of.html

Lalasticlala Fynestboi Ijebabe MissyB3

Re: ' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' by prettyesther20: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
hmmm dunno if its true or not, haven't heard her speak before

so i'm out
Re: ' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' by peterswagg(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
why are some guys like saying "I don't give a Bleep" like IDGAF
Re: ' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' by Royals1st: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
Leave her alone is English Nigeria official language ?
She is from Edo Nigeria we have people with PHD way no reach her when did you see someone from England abusing UK citizen say she no fit speak French better 9ja mentally
Re: ' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' by goldbim(f): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
That's not true.. to an extent she speaks fluently.. if not better than some Nollywood English actresses that speaks with fake foreign accents they don't even understand themselves....
Re: ' Actress Mercy Aigbe Backed Out Of Hosting BON Awards Due To Her Poor English ' by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
its dosnt matter jor

(1) (Reply)

Fans React At Nigerian Musician's Press Release On Mmm's Return (pictures) WOW! / Father And Stepmother Beat Son To Death In Bayelsa State (see Graphic Photos) / Uche Maduagwu Sets Record Straight On Oge Okoye's Dog Theft Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.