Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense (5516 Views)

10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy / 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense / A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hahn(m): 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

lol, do u believe I have a magic wand that can turn you to a goat if you dont follow my orders...?

Give a straight answer so Rilwayne001 can be satisfied
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
Rilwayne001:

You seem scared. I thought hell doesn't exist, why are you scared of something that doesn't exist? I

I'm speaking from your point of delusion...

I believe Hiv/aids exists, so I do everything to avoid it and yes I am scared of it.

as for hell, I make a mockery of your god and his hell cause I don't believe in it
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:
If Jesus died for humanity, he should remain dead and not to wake up again.

And if his ultimate sacrifice is to save people from his father's hell, then he should be in hell burning forever while men should be free.

But a man dying for the sins of men only to wake up three days later and start cruising in heaven?

Then lastly, if jesus paying for our punishment was a day torture of beating and then dying on the cross.. Then humans should be given the same treatment, a sinner after death should be flogged and hung for a day after which he shall be set free to enjoy heaven not the everlasting torture in hell.

someone should tell uncle Yaweh dat he did not burn his son forever, why should he burn men forever
grin
So true dude.
Kingebukasblog should soak some of this logic.
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Rilwayne001: 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

I'm speaking from your point of delusion...

I believe Hiv/aids exists, so I do everything to avoid it and yes I am scared of it.

as for hell, I make a mockery of your god and his hell cause I don't believe in it

Since you believe it's our delusion as a theist, then what prejudice do you have to say what Yahweh ought to do according to your own perspective?

When you say: "If someone should tell uncle Yaweh dat he did not burn his son forever, why should he burn men forever" .

I mean since you believe the idea of hell to be a delusion, why then are you concerned about Yahweh burning people in hell? Definitely because you somehow believe it exists and scared of burning in it. I believe if really you don't have any believe of it, or that you see the whole hell thing as a delusion, then i suppose you have no reason to be asking the underlined question.

For example, you don't believe there's any terrorist group called boko-haram, but you are here critizing buhari for not dealing accordingly with boko-haram (that you don't believe to exist), does it make any sense
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Rilwayne001: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

How can you be making mockery of what doesn't exist in your views, does it make any sense?
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Since you believe it's our delusion as a theist, then what prejudice do you have to say what Yahweh ought to do according to your own perspective?

When you say: "If someone should tell uncle Yaweh dat he did not burn his son forever, why should he burn men forever" .

I mean since you believe the idea of hell to be a delusion, why then are you concerned about Yahweh burning people in hell? Definitely because you somehow believe it exists and scared of burning in it. I believe if really you don't have any believe of it, or that you see the whole hell thing as a delusion, then i suppose you have no reason to be asking the underlined question.

For example, you don't believe there's any terrorist group called boko-haram, but you are here critizing buhari for not dealing accordingly with boko-haram (that you don't believe to exist), does it make any sense

what part of me making mockery of your delusions don't u understand.

If my 7 year old nephew reads this, he will laugh hard

the bolded is a very unintelligent comparism....
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Rilwayne001:

How can you be making mockery of what doesn't exist in your views, does it make any sense?

of course it does...most especially when you see multitudes devoting their lives to it.

Tell me, if u find me and several others believing that the Super man will come down to our street one day and fly us around the city, and we devote our whole lives to it, reading and meditating on comic books everyday. won't you find that amusing and make mockery of us??

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Rilwayne001: 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

what part of me making mockery of your delusions don't u understand.

If my 7 year old nephew reads this, he will laugh hard

the bolded is a very unintelligent comparism....

And you think making mockery of what you deemed non-existing is intelligent
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hopefulLandlord: 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

of course it does...most especially when you see multitudes devoting their lives to it.

Tell me, if u find me and several others believing that the Super man will come down to our street one day and fly us around the city, and we devote our whole lives to it, reading and meditating on comic books everyday. won't you find that amusing and make mockery of us??

this analogy is what our theists don't understand

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Wilgrea7(m): 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

So Yaweh in his infinite wisdom could not come up with better options that won't result in contradicting doctrines and wars.. The all wise Yaweh should ve predicted all these.

Yahweh's plan was perfect.. the death of Jesus wasn't what brought the wars.. Jesus preached against such.. we humans are the ones responsible.. killing each other just to prove a point.. not God's fault

And I asked why must someone be tortured and killed for humanity to be saved, and it's obvious that majority of the world won't even be saved.
So Jesus dying is useless.

firstly.. he gave himself as a sacrifice... secondly... how did you arrive at the conclusion that the majority won't be saved?

Lastly, why must someone be punished for not believing something?

people are punished for rejecting it... not for not believing
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Yahweh's plan was perfect.. the death of Jesus wasn't what brought the wars.. Jesus preached against such.. we humans are the ones responsible.. killing each other just to prove a point.. not God's fault

firstly.. he gave himself as a sacrifice... secondly... how did you arrive at the conclusion that the majority won't be saved?

people are punished for rejecting it... not for not believing

And Yaweh did not foresee the killings? How short sighted.

He gave himself as a sacrifice, who send am...and why must a sacrifice be needed in the first place? Can't Yaweh just forgive and let peace reign?

There is a difference between rejection and not believing something.. Do u think anybody wants to be tortured? oh if truly I believe in hell and the Jesus stories, do u think I'll reject that offer??

and even if I reject Jesus, how does that warrant a punishment??

If you confess your love to a girl and she rejects you, then the next thing is to punish her

"If someone offers u a gift and u reject it, then u deserve to be punished and tortured" Wilgrea7 2017
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Wilgrea7(m): 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

And Yaweh did not foresee the killings? How short sighted.

He gave himself as a sacrifice, who send am...and why must a sacrifice be needed in the first place? Can't Yaweh just forgive and let peace reign?

There is a difference between rejection and not believing something.. Do u think anybody wants to be tortured? oh if truly I believe in hell and the Jesus stories, do u think I'll reject that offer??

and even if I reject Jesus, how does that warrant a punishment??

If you confess your love to a girl and she rejects you, then the next thing is to punish her

"If someone offers u a gift and u reject it, then u deserve to be punished and tortured" Wilgrea7 2017

sorry... let me rephrase... the wages of sin is death.. we're not actually punished in the sense of not receiving Christ.. we only accept our fate... which is death.. only Christ can save
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:

sorry... let me rephrase... the wages of sin is death.. we're not actually punished in the sense of not receiving Christ.. we only accept our fate... which is death.. only Christ can save

so the wages of lying or eating pork (Muslim standard) or celebrating birthday (Jehovah witness) is death!!!

But only Christ can save and he will save only when you believe he came to a village in Israel 2 thousand years ago and was nailed on the cross....only when you believe this story.

Back to sin...let me ask you. What is sin??
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by goodheart02(m): 12:38am On Jan 15, 2017
realmindz:
If Jesus died for humanity, he should remain dead and not to wake up again.

And if his ultimate sacrifice is to save people from his father's hell, then he should be in hell burning forever while men should be free.

But a man dying for the sins of men only to wake up three days later and start cruising in heaven?

Then lastly, if jesus paying for our punishment was a day torture of beating and then dying on the cross.. Then humans should be given the same treatment, a sinner after death should be flogged and hung for a day after which he shall be set free to enjoy heaven not the everlasting torture in hell.

someone should tell uncle Yaweh dat he did not burn his son forever, why should he burn men forever

Sorry I don't mean to start an argument. But did you see any sense in what you have just written?? And how does this piece of text show you really understand whatever it is you're talking about?? You should have been more philosophic with your deductions hence to prove to all and sundry that you're in the league of Plato and Aristotle. The problem with some of us is we just dabble into what we can't comprehend just to join a bandwagon and feel relevant.
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
goodheart02:

Sorry I don't mean to start an argument. But did you see any sense in what you have just written?? And how does this piece of text show you really understand whatever it is you're talking about?? You should have been more philosophic with your deductions hence to prove to all and sundry that you're in the league of Plato and Aristotle. The problem with some of us is we just dabble into what we can't comprehend just to join a bandwagon and feel relevant.

I would ve gnored but I'm tempted to let you know u haven't addressed anything here.

I'm sorry all you typed was a wasted comment
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by goodheart02(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
realmindz:

I would ve gnored but I'm tempted to let you know u haven't addressed anything here.

I'm sorry all you typed was a wasted comment

Anyway. You are entitled to your own opinions. Adios
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by niyihawking(m): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
goodheart02:

Anyway. You are entitled to your own opinions. Adios
please go and sit down somewhere and construct a perfect rebuttal.

I'm tired of reading dumb comments from Christians
please please, I take dog beg you

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Fohlah(f): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
To the poster

receive Brain in Jesus name
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hahn(m): 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fohlah:
To the poster

receive Brain in Jesus name

Receive brain in the name of the toothfairy smiley
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hopefulLandlord: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
goodheart02:

address his post
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by cyborg123(m): 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
Sentiments aside, this article is spot on.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by CAPSLOCKED: 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
HARDMIRROR SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE VIDEOS.
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by HardMirror(m): 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

HARDMIRROR SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE VIDEOS.
funny i have watched them. I seem mentally lazy these days.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / 12 Kinds Of Pastors / Resurrection Sunday : We Are Redeemed!! - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.