Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy (48378 Views)

Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth / Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by HigherEd: 10:34am On Dec 30, 2018
In this new series @voiceofthechurch profiles the wealth of Nigerian christian ministries. The Nigerian Catholic church, RCCG, Christ embassy and Winners chapel hold tremendous amount of wealth which is not unusual considering their extensive international reach.

One of the major strengths of the Nigerian indigenous churches was their ability to proliferate successfully in foreign nations, this particularly ensured that they were immune to Nigerian economic woes as they continue to receive millions of USD and other currencies from their foreign stations. The internationalisation of these churches has ensured that Nigerian churches continued to boom in the worst of recession in any country it occupies.

Today we start by profiling one of the most successful Christian ministries founded four decades ago by Bishop Oyedepo.

10 REASONS WHY WINNERS CHAPEL IS DANGEROUSLY WEALTHY

1) In 2016 Winners Chapel had over #150 billion naira expenditure. Considering Ogun state makes about 75 billion a year on Igr then it is debatable that Winners is wealthier than Ogun state.
CAVEAT: It is unclear whether the total expenditure includes or excludes expenditures of subset organizations of the church e.g universities and secondary schools.
b. It is unclear whether this figure represents the totality of headquarter's expenditure or merely a summation of individual branch expenditure. If latter is correct then each branch of the winners chapel is spending 25 million naira/annum.

2) Winners Chapel holds about 30 - 40 Billion naira in financial reserves. This is more than a cummulative of Ekiti's Igr for the next 10 years.

3) The Church has an estimated 12,000 pastors on payroll operating its 6000 church network. In comparison the global total number of clerics in Winners equal the 10,000 United Bank Of Africa(UBA) staff strength.

4) The Church tithes a 10thof her income to another Nigerian church.

5) In 2016 the Church spent 10-12 Billion naira on Educational facilities which included a 5 billion naira Research center, its 22nd Secondary school in Delta worth 700 million naira and a befitting Post Graduate residence for Covenant University.

6) In 2018 the church completed a #1 billion naira stadium in its Canaanland campus Ota.

7) The church currently holds a federal govt backed licence to build a private airstrip in Ota.

cool The Church's hangar reportedly can conveniently hold six private jets. However the church maintains one jet for now.

9) In the last decade the church has acquired over 24 villages translating to #8000 hectares to build a new city of 15,000 houses which would be the second biggest in the world.

10) Winners currently pays #300 million/annum to subscribe its universities to global data analytics services, which gives its universities far more edge than other universities in the country.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=373426536757795&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Abjay97(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2018
personally, i respect oyedepo because he is a man of priniciples.. The financial principle he taught is church members is what makes his members the richest all over.. The financial principle for success is GIVE AND IT WILL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU.. SIMPLE!

Check Also:
10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires

https://www./2018/12/10-Facts-About-Nnewi.html?m=1

150 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2018
D O M I N I O N.

cool

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by MrSix: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2018
Dangerously wealthy in a poverty capital

Need a laptop?
Check my signature ojare

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Chubhie: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2018
You just have to admire how Oyedepo moved from nothing to something. Any fool can achieve this. But, to run this empire and successfully transfer the baton to his children deserves an applause.

I see a mix of Don Corleone and Jose Mourinho in him. He has done so well for his generations yet unborn. After all, a good man leaves an inheritance for his children.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by HigherEd: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2018
MrSix:

Check my signature ojare
No, dangerously wealthy in 67 countries of the world!

26 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by MrSix: 10:53am On Dec 30, 2018
HigherEd:

No, dangerously wealthy in 67 countries of the world!
Where's the HQ?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Homeboiy: 10:53am On Dec 30, 2018
I had a dream yesterday night where I and some of my friends where eating, we were happy together eating and laughing.

Fear catch me as I wake up cos I was told that if u eat in your dreams, na bad omen

Can someone tell me why we were happy eating and smiling?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by HigherEd: 10:55am On Dec 30, 2018
MrSix:

Where's the HQ?
Right here in Nigeria. How does that better your argument?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Dottore: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2018
Why are a greater ratio of the members so poor

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by HigherEd: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2018
Dottore:
How do you know a greater number of his members are poor? How many of the 6,000 branches of living faith have you visited to make this assertion. You must have visited at least 600 to make such an assertion. Right?

Yes of course, there is no gathering of people without the poor, even wealthy nations still have poor people. So definitely living faith must have some poor folks. But my ish with ur comment is you referring to the majority as poor.

Moreover, if Winners collects the same type of collections as other churches then the sensible explanation for the unique wealth of the church could be that they have more prosperous members.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2018
Count the number of Faith Academy Secondary Schools all across the length & breadth of Nigeria - they are more than 3,000.

Count the number of Kingdom Heritage Nursery & Primary Schools across Nigeria and in some other Afrikan Countries - they're more than 7,000.

Add Covenant University in Ota, Landmark University in Abuja & Landmark University in Omu-Aran to the mix.

What you will get is Billions of Naira & Dollars in assets whose primary source was "Tithes & Seed Offerings" siphoned & still been siphoned from gullible Nigerians who are deluded into thinking they're enriching the kingdom of God while they themselves languish in abject penury.

The question is - would Jesus Christ have amassed all these assets & wealth when he emphatically made it clear in the book of Mathew 19:21 - "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven"

Unfortunately, these bastards know there is no heaven, hence - the reason they want to die with their wealth on Earth. grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Ecstasy9(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2018
This is just the starting point... Nothing can stop church growth. smiley

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by johnmba: 11:45am On Dec 30, 2018
Dangerously and not Godly
Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by CodeTemplar: 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
MrSix:

Check my signature ojare
And what is wrong with that? Isn't Dangote dangerously wealthy in same poverty capital ?
He is even from the core poverty region of the poverty capital but is still dangerously rich.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by CodeTemplar: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
johnmba:
Dangerously and not Godly
Mr. Godliness Meter . . . did winners scam you?

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by CodeTemplar: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Zoharariel:
Count the number of Faith Academy Secondary Schools all across the length & breadth of Nigeria - they are more than 3,000.

Count the number of Kingdom Heritage Nursery & Primary Schools across Nigeria and in some other Afrikan Countries - they're more than 7,000.

Add Covenant University in Ota, Landmark University in Abuja & Landmark University in Omu-Aran to the mix.

What you will get is Billions of Naira & Dollars in assets whose primary source was "Tithes & Seed Offerings" siphoned & still been siphoned from gullible Nigerians who are deluded into thinking they're enriching the kingdom of God while they themselves languish in abject penury.

The question is - would Jesus Christ have amassed all these assets & wealth when he emphatically made it clear in the book of Mathew 19:21 - "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven"

Unfortunately, these bastards know there is no heaven, hence - the reason they want to die with their wealth on Earth. grin
Oga be like say you dull small abi ?
So if Jesus didn't amass wealth why was Judas a treasurer?

The assets you listed please who are they serving ? Tithe payers or herdsmen?

Be like say you dull true true...

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by CodeTemplar: 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dottore:
How many of the poor members are begging you for money. The Poor is a relative term. Even Switzerland and Norway and Saudi Arabia have poor citizens.

11 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by CodeTemplar: 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
MrSix:
Where's the HQ?
In Poverty Capital doing Charity to states like Osun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by spongeisback: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
Where did he get the startup capital for all this? Did he take a loan? Which job was he doing before he got "called"?

Am sure everyone wants to know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by HigherEd: 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
CrazeMan69:

People like you are the reason Nigeria is where it is... How many people from developed countries acquire so much wealth from religious institutions?
Why not spread the wealth as Jesus taught his disciples in the feeding of the 5000
Lol the catholic church is worth $142 billion USD with investments in real estate, steels, chemicala. Latter day saints worth $42billion, Church of England worth $10 billion usd.

Why not spread your own salary or savings to the poor first - Jesus was not trying to create millionaires there. You don't create wealth by dividing it rather you create wealth by multiplying it.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by MrSix: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:
In Poverty Capital doing Charity to states like Osun
Bro...
Nothing is entirely bad nor good but we rather weigh the impacts; positively skewed or negatively skewed, in which I'd say, Nigerian churches has done for Nigerians than Nigerians have done for them.

If you like tell me he fed 5000 people on the 24th of this month, it still won't change that they are more than 90% denominational..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by iamswizz(m): 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
Winners chapel as a church cannot be listed among the wealthiest churches.. it is the owner that is dangerously wealthy..

Please don’t confuse us here

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by globalresource: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
I connect to this uncommon grace on bishop Oyedepo. My hustling is blessed beyond measure.... I Dont attack achievement. I celebrate achievement

You can't keep attacking and expect to attract the same blessing

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
THE CHURCH IS MARCHING ON AND THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Yuceeluv(f): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
When you're done giving yourself headache don't forget drugs.

spongeisback:
Where did he get the startup capital for all this? Did he take a loan? Which job was he doing before he got "called"?

Am sure everyone wants to know.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by CrazeMan69(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:
And what is wrong with that? Isn't Dangote dangerously wealthy in same poverty capital ?
He is even from the core poverty region of the poverty capital but is still dangerously rich.
May the devil give you BJ...
Opening ya dirty mouth to call dangote. Did dangote exploit people or make money after delivering economic services?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by ollah2: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
Below is the reason undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Yuceeluv(f): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin

CodeTemplar:
Mr. Godliness Meter . . . did winners scam you?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by Samirana360(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
freaaze will soon react
Re: 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy by infogenius(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
HigherEd:
In this new series @voiceofthechurch profiles the wealth of Nigerian christian ministries. The Nigerian Catholic church, RCCG, Christ embassy and Winners chapel hold tremendous amount of wealth which is not unusual considering their extensive international reach.

One of the major strengths of the Nigerian indigenous churches was their ability to proliferate successfully in foreign nations, this particularly ensured that they were immune to Nigerian economic woes as they continue to receive millions of USD and other currencies from their foreign stations. The internationalisation of these churches has ensured that Nigerian churches continued to boom in the worst of recession in any country it occupies.

Today we start by profiling one of the most successful Christian ministries founded four decades ago by Bishop Oyedepo.

10 REASONS WHY WINNERS CHAPEL IS DANGEROUSLY WEALTHY

1) In 2016 Winners Chapel had over #150 billion naira expenditure. Considering Ogun state makes about 75 billion a year on Igr then it is debatable that Winners is wealthier than Ogun state.
CAVEAT: It is unclear whether the total expenditure includes or excludes expenditures of subset organizations of the church e.g universities and secondary schools.
b. It is unclear whether this figure represents the totality of headquarter's expenditure or merely a summation of individual branch expenditure. If latter is correct then each branch of the winners chapel is spending 25 million naira/annum.

2) Winners Chapel holds about 30 - 40 Billion naira in financial reserves. This is more than a cummulative of Ekiti's Igr for the next 10 years.

3) The Church has an estimated 12,000 pastors on payroll operating its 6000 church network. In comparison the global total number of clerics in Winners equal the 10,000 United Bank Of Africa(UBA) staff strength.

4) The Church tithes a 10thof her income to another Nigerian church.

5) In 2016 the Church spent 10-12 Billion naira on Educational facilities which included a 5 billion naira Research center, its 22nd Secondary school in Delta worth 700 million naira and a befitting Post Graduate residence for Covenant University.

6) In 2018 the church completed a #1 billion naira stadium in its Canaanland campus Ota.

7) The church currently holds a federal govt backed licence to build a private airstrip in Ota.

cool The Church's hangar reportedly can conveniently hold six private jets. However the church maintains one jet for now.

9) In the last decade the church has acquired over 24 villages translating to #8000 hectares to build a new city of 15,000 houses which would be the second biggest in the world.

10) Winners currently pays #300 million/annum to subscribe its universities to global data analytics services, which gives its universities far more edge than other universities in the country.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=373426536757795&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala

Lol

Glory!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Brighton Elliot Moyo's Death / Chinese Pastor Wang Yi Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison For Preaching / Celestial Church Invites Pasuma, Portable To Praise Night (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.