Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Enjoying The Days Of Trouble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enjoying The Days Of Trouble (272 Views)

Odumeje: Remembering The Days And Times Of Eddie Okeke (eddy Na Nawgu) / COZA Cancels Its Yearly Programme Tagged “seven Days Of Glory / Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enjoying The Days Of Trouble by Thentrance1: 3:56am On Jan 10, 2017
"Lord, Thou hast bid me seek Thy face, and shall I seek in vain? And shallthe ear of sovereign grace be deaf when I complain?" -Charles Spurgeon

The times of trouble are times when we actually have no strength to pray yet we are in a deep mess and a deep trouble. When it looks like the whole world is against us and it looks like everything is moving but we seem not to make a move and then we look at the leaf that falls from the tree that "even this one is moving" yes those are the days of trouble. But the good news is God said to call Him in those days! Isn't that wonderful and a relief?!

1. God said to call upon Him in the days of trouble and He will answer

"The reason we have emergency numbers is because when we call they will always answer for that's what they are made for. God is made for the days of our troubles"

Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

God, do you actually mean that? We ask in our hearts. But no one will teach us to call emergency number when in trouble, we will not think maybe the government actually meant that we should call the number, we will just call because we know they will answer quickly because we are in trouble. And scriptures says the Lord is near to those who call on Him

Psalms 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

So in your time of trouble as you call upon the Lord, He will hear, He is near. You know why He is near? He is the very present help in the time of trouble.

Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Still doubting? Sure you shouldn't by now, He is the very present help in the time of trouble, the word of God didn't just use present help but a very present help. So as you call on Him in this time of trouble God says "I'll deliver you!"

Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I WILL DELIVER THEE, and thou shalt glorify me.

Why wait a second to call someone that can help in the time of trouble? I guess No. Imagine a man at the very last breathe about to die and he sees a man pass by will he be silent? No! He knows that's the very present that is most available as he is in trouble and the Bible we read tells that He is very present help in trouble. One of the names of God means Standby, so it means a very standby(present) help in the time of trouble. This tells to me that the time of trouble is one of the best time to call on God because He said "I'll deliver him"

2. God is with us in time of trouble

"One thing is common in the time of trouble when we call on the Lord: He will not only deliver us but He will honour us"

Psalms 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

God will honour our cry when we call upon Him in trouble and the promise of His word says He will be with us in trouble. We must know that we are not alone. God is with us in that trouble, He is not just with us alone to be saying "sorry son", He is present to help as we call Him, so as we call on Him, He will answer us and deliver us because He is with us in the time of trouble.

"God always proves His name Emmanuel in the times of trouble"

Even as you cry in that situation, cry to God in faith in that trouble and see the Lord answered you. I'm sure in a sense that Apostle Paul may have never cried out to God consistently in prayers three times like he did when He was in trouble, then God came and deliver Him by saying that His strength is sufficient for Paul. Approach Him in that trouble with the knowledge of His word that He says He will answer you, He will deliver you and He will honour you and then you'll glorify Him. When we see things like this in times of trouble we will approach our troubles with the assurance of faith that God will hear us and He will deliver us!

Source: http://www.thentrance.com/enjoying-the-days-of-trouble/

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleiman Sacks Pastor Over MMM Ponzi Scheme / Your Mouth / The Controversy, Paul, Peter And The Church Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.