Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,958 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good (2256 Views)

Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching / "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye / 'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by Richirich713: 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
randomperson:

Apartheid in south Africa was condemned by majority of south Africans who happened to be black. The only reason apartheid happened is because the rich white minority lorded it over the black majority. So u are just proving my point.

I was appealing to the laws of the country like u did with ur Norway and Nigeria analogy. But I guess when it comes to the bible atheists flip to objective morality, based their objective morality on their society then start judging and condemning the society of ancient Israel, which is kinda funny since u guys always be telling me that what is right depends on ur society. If morality isn't objective u can't even condemn apartheid without being inconsistent.

randomperson:

You would say slavery in the bible was so and so... But u cannot give one bible verse to support that assertion. Slaves could be beaten to death, could be bought and sold under the law of Moses. It was wrong in every way possible.

Again saying stuff like "it was wrong in every way possible", that that u considered it wrong just tells me u believe morality has objective truth in it or are u merely saying it is wrong in ur opinion?

randomperson:

If you're arguing that morality is objective not absolute then u are shooting yourself in the foot. Because if it was objective it won't keep on changing

"Moral absolutism is an ethical view that particular actions are intrinsically right or wrong. Stealing, for instance, might be considered to be always immoral, even if done for the well-being of others (e.g., stealing food to feed a starving family), and even if it does in the end promote such a good."

"Moral absolutism is not the same as moral universalism (also called moral objectivism). Universalism holds merely that what is right or wrong is independent of custom or opinion (as opposed to moral relativism), but not necessarily that what is right or wrong is independent of context or consequences (as in absolutism). Moral universalism is compatible with moral absolutism, but also positions such as consequentialism"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_absolutism

Technically there is a difference, and I'm making the distinction becuz I think it's more accurate and less vague to say I hold to moral objectivism and becuz atheists tend think if morality is absolute there's a "either always right or always wrong" for everything they can think of related to morality.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by Richirich713: 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
Pastafarian:

what is objective morality and what is absolute morality?

"Moral absolutism is an ethical view that particular actions are intrinsically right or wrong. Stealing, for instance, might be considered to be always immoral, even if done for the well-being of others (e.g., stealing food to feed a starving family), and even if it does in the end promote such a good."

"Moral absolutism is not the same as moral universalism (also called moral objectivism). Universalism holds merely that what is right or wrong is independent of custom or opinion (as opposed to moral relativism), but not necessarily that what is right or wrong is independent of context or consequences (as in absolutism). Moral universalism is compatible with moral absolutism, but also positions such as consequentialism"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_absolutism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by otemanuduno: 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
orisa37:
There will be NO CONSCIENCE. There will be no good or bad to be.
That's a big lie. Even without chickens believing in heaven or hell, they hardly kill each other intentionally. Without lions believing in heaven or hell, they hardly kill each other intentionally. But with humans believing in heaven and hell, they killed those who don't believe in it intentionally.

Religion is more of a curse than a blessing bro. You can see the religious people here wishing the irrelligous evil things so as to prove a point that their god is real. Examples are Muafrika2 who cursed my generations unborn because I told him how powerless his god is. Frankmishael who cursed Johnydon22 and Sonofluc1fer with death, but himself "did not exist" on Nairaland again when Yahweh failed to fulfill his prophecy. I can also remember Goddys who cursed me with bankruptcy and poverty, but it boomeranged naturally upon him such that he now had to hide his face from NL.

GOD ALMIGHTY IS SCIENCE-ORIENTED, BUT his children who are the gods(Yahweh, Allah, Eshu, Moloch etc.) are RELIGION-ORIENTED.

I AM IRRELIGIOUS BUT MORAL, HOW ABOUT THAT?

3 Likes

Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by orisa37: 6:20am On Jan 13, 2017
U are Thinking. Heaven makes so. Chickens and all second grade animals don't kill intentionally "cos they know . In Christianity, God is Knowledge and Wisdom and He gives them to all His Creations in due proportions. He gives them by His Breath,The Conscience in all His Creations. So Heaven makes GOOD AND BAD possible in all of God Creations. U are not religious but have Morals. Moral is Conscience and it's the application of the Positives of the Breath of God in you, Conscience and standards of good practices, that you have. Heaven makes Punishment and Blessings possible. Heaven gives Character. Heaven is good but Hell is very bad.
Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by orisa37: 7:39am On Jan 13, 2017
otemanuduno:
That's a big lie. Even without chickens believing in heaven or hell, they hardly kill each other intentionally. Without lions believing in heaven or hell, they hardly kill each other intentionally. But with humans believing in heaven and hell, they killed those who don't believe in it intentionally.

Religion is more of a curse than a blessing bro. You can see the religious people here wishing the irrelligous evil things so as to prove a point that their god is real. Examples are Muafrika2 who cursed my generations unborn because I told him how powerless his god is. Frankmishael who cursed Johnydon22 and Sonofluc1fer with death, but himself "did not exist" on Nairaland again when Yahweh failed to fulfill his prophecy. I can also remember Goddys who cursed me with bankruptcy and poverty, but it boomeranged naturally upon him such that he now had to hide his face from NL.

GOD ALMIGHTY IS SCIENCE-ORIENTED, BUT his children who are the gods(Yahweh, Allah, Eshu, Moloch etc.) are RELIGION-ORIENTED.

U are Thinking. Heaven makes so. Chickens and all second grade animals don't kill intentionally "cos they know . In Christianity, God is Knowledge and Wisdom and He gives them to all His Creations in due proportions. He gives them by His Breath,The Conscience in all His Creations. So Heaven makes GOOD AND BAD possible in all of God Creations. U are not religious but have Morals. Moral is Conscience and it's the application of the Positives of the Breath of God in you, Conscience and standards of good practices, that you have. Heaven makes Punishment and Blessings possible. Heaven gives Character. Heaven is good but Hell is very bad.
Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by Blonchilli(m): 9:56am On Jan 13, 2017
otemanuduno:

If I could hug you I would right now. Same religion and their prophet said "kill anyone that looks like a Boko Haram member". How immoral and inhuman is that. I'm not a Christian neither am I religious but I believe the world is too complicated to birth itself. I don't see Muslims, ecks, Christians, budhist, atheist and others, I see mankind putting boundaries to unconditional love and tearing the world apart.

1 Like

Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
otemanuduno:

You're Not immoral? Is that what you tell yourself? With all the insults you post undecided

Not sure if this is funny
grin grin
Or just sad cry
Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by otemanuduno: 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Muafrika2:

You're Not immoral? Is that what you tell yourself? With all the insults you post undecided

Not sure if this is funny
grin grin
Or just sad cry

Pls just show me one of the insults I have posted. Thanks.
Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by otemanuduno: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
orisa37:

I didn't ask you all these. All I said was that without religion, chicken don't kill chicken, dogs don't kill dogs, lions don't kill lions, elephant don't kill elephants. But with religion, millions of human beings have killed each other. That's what I was expecting you to address, not any of the "sermons on the mount" up here. undecided
Re: No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good by orisa37: 5:18am On Jan 14, 2017
"You want to kill me like you killed the Egyptian"? Do you know that you're persecuting me unjustly and right now with your Moral Standards? Otem, believe you can call The Supreme Spirit any name that catches your fancy.OtemGod bears them all and Heaven makes everything possible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[u]why The Church Of Christ In Nigeria Should Repent[/u] / Corona Virus: TB Joshua Failed Prophecy Proves The Impotency Of Jehovah / Man Created The Concept "God" Inorder To Explain The Mystery Of Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.