Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University (15242 Views)

Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University / Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Youngest Student, Admitted At 6, Graduated 14 / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Ahmeduana(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2017
Dandeson1:
True Son of our land, not the ones that will be carrying drugs uppandan like say dem be doctors...
YOU ARE SICK! GET A CURE.
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by davodyguy: 7:37am On Jan 11, 2017
Ahmeduana:

YOU ARE SICK! GET A CURE.

Did he insult you? Haba

1 Like

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Spidermon: 7:37am On Jan 11, 2017
He had to relocate out of Nigeria to flourish.

That ought to tell you all Something
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 11, 2017
I knew it is gonna be an afonja, when it comes to class, elitism and sophistication second to none in black race. Not gathering phds in mushroom universities and be screaming we are the most educated.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Yoshy: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2017
All those shouting Afonja and Igbos shame on y'all!!

1 Like

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by uncleade(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2017
chiefolododo:
He is Yoruba
NO, HE IS A NIGERIAN.
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by superstar1(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2017
Ojukwus and Osus what do you have to say to this good news?

We do not tarnish the image of our dear country.

3 Likes

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Burgerlomo: 8:16am On Jan 11, 2017
chiefolododo:
He is Yoruba

Yep, omo atata

1 Like

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Burgerlomo: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2017
Congrats!
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Mayflowa(m): 8:30am On Jan 11, 2017
chiefolododo:
He is Yoruba

What are you doing to improve yourself and the world?
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by CXLVII: 8:35am On Jan 11, 2017
Dandeson1:
True Son of our land, not the ones that will be carrying drugs uppandan like say dem be doctors...

grin grin grin

They happen to all be doctors develpoing the world with Hard-drugs

1 Like

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Maestronaija(m): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2017
Brilliant Nigerian..

IPOD making Nigeria great........ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Odkosh: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2017
myweb:

Hi Chief...
I think.its high time we put a stop to all these Yoruba this, Igbo that. Its getting boring.
I hate coming here and be reading bias comments. I dont really care where somebody comes from, we are all ONE.
I really dont know how we want to fight a collective fight against an outsider when we have destroyed ourself. Its no showing of strenght and superiority, its WEAKNESS, FEAR etc. What do you think?
I know I'm speaking the mind of others...abeg
BTW dont think otherwise, Omo Egba ponbele ni mi oo.. grin
But will the Igbos hear this?

1 Like

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by monex(m): 8:55am On Jan 11, 2017
Odkosh:
But will the Igbos hear this?
will the Yorubas hear it too. it is both
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by zanogo(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2017
myweb:

Hi Chief...
I think.its high time we put a stop to all these Yoruba this, Igbo that. Its getting boring.
I hate coming here and be reading bias comments. I dont really care where somebody comes from, we are all ONE.
I really dont know how we want to fight a collective fight against an outsider when we have destroyed ourself. Its no showing of strenght and superiority, its WEAKNESS, FEAR etc. What do you think?
see,,sometimes the best way to eradicate evil is by another greater evil, when"those" guys start throwing jabs at the yorubas,we wont see your kinds to advice them to stop, i can never be on the offensive to attack any group but there is nothing wrong to defend your group both online and offline...every action deserves a reaction

1 Like

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by kilokeys(m): 9:05am On Jan 11, 2017
chiefolododo:
He is Yoruba

yeah.. unfortunately u are on the other end of the rope...

if u arent dumb , u would realize intelligence and achievement arent racially, tribally (sic) or colour inclined
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by adisaigbo1(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2017
chiefolododo:
He is Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by gUdbOiii(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2017
Do you care for SCHOLARSHIP... !!!
Then check this....:

LATEST SCHOLARSHIP FROM FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION http://belovedkonsult.com/latest-scholarship-from-federal-ministry-of-education/
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by koladebrainiac(m): 9:25am On Jan 11, 2017
divicode:
Oh na na na! He is not a flat-head again? We flatrons are always in the news na! Anyways, God Bless the Afonjas for making Nigeria proud.
Good one, at least he is not in the news for carrying drugs or escaping jail in India
Yea like drug trafficking n jail in mildleeast
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by engreo(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2017
God bless yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Fury007: 10:02am On Jan 11, 2017
Atiku2019:
Brilliant Nigerian wink

I guess the bullet head masquerading for Atiku on Nairaland is also responsible for his tweets and other social media endeavour..
this gragra effort is dead on arrival.

I advise you chop his money well though, i'd do the same in your shoes.
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by mavinc4u(f): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2017
myweb:

Hi Chief...

Modified....
To all who thinks I am not supporting my tribe with the above points.. Its not at all. I just hate tribalism. Back in those good days of nairaland, Yorubas doesnt get this low with them. We argue base on evident fact and whrn it got to this level, we just keep quiet as if there was an order. I suppose they have pushed some of us to this level. We need not move down that low class with them..... Thats my point

Imagine. You made sense initially until you modified you post to say you are better than them. Who are them and they? Don't be a lukewarm ; is either you are in or out, try not to sit on the fence. I am sorry to tell you that you are worst than those tribal bigot. Oh, I remember that you can never give what you don't have.
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by blueskies(f): 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
Wow, am proud of his attainment and am inspired. Lord help me make notable achievements too. Amen
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by chiefolododo(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
What did your father do to improve himself and the world
Mayflowa:

What are you doing to improve yourself and the world?
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
myweb:

Hi Chief...
BTW dont think otherwise, Omo Egba ponbele ni mi oo.. grin #BAWA

Modified....
To all who thinks I am not supporting my tribe with the above points.. Its not at all. I just hate tribalism. Back in those good days of nairaland, Yorubas doesnt get this low with them. We argue base on evident fact and whrn it got to this level, we just keep quiet as if there was an order. I suppose they have pushed some of us to this level. We need not move down that low class with them..... Thats my point
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by WORLDHISTORY101(m): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2017
chiefolododo:
He is Yoruba
He is a Homo sapien.
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by Ghost01(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2017
Cecil Rhodes... Hmmmm.
Re: Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University by YonkijiSappo: 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coscharis Boosts Covenant University With Reverse Engineering Solution / Chude Girls Grammar School On Fire In Sapele, Delta (Photos) / FUTO VC, Nnenna Otti, Is Not Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.