Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? (15121 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? / Photo: OMG! See This Shocking Application Letter By A BSC Holder (2) (3) (4)

Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by santakris(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2009
Come and do PGD in unilorin, then go 4 ur masters
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by wiseman2: 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2009
if you are indeed intelligent,3rd class is no barrier.i finished with a 3rd class(industrial chemistry).after only one year of searching for a job ,i got one in the aviation sector.i've since moved on to another company(also aviation).All i know is i always come tops in all the aptitude tests i write.Up till now,i still do not have any post graduate degree.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by emtar(m): 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2009
Thanks to u all on this issue. in fact like me i came out with 3rdclass but with an extra-ordinary knowledge both in academics and practical biz development.

Now i may say that i do train 1st class Hons in biz.

My words is basically on self development no matter the certificate you are holding.

So we need brain equity than certificate. Limit not your level. The sky is not your limit there are still vacuums above the sky. okay.

All 3rd class degree holders should engage in one or two biz and get a company register with corporate affair commission and go on.

In few years to come they will dictate the paste.

EMTAR
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by callmeseun(f): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2009
@Poster! The truth is wherever u will get to in this life u will be there
I have a friend that came out with third class and went into IT and did professional courses
Today he is the manager in MTN abroad earning close to 10,000 dollars per month and still reading

The truth is either third class or 1st class u have to KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by GPIServ: 11:34am On Dec 01, 2009
This is a giant step into a promising future, as u know that information is power. There is whole lot of hope for u, if u are determined. I know 3 people doing their masters degree now at Unilag with 3rd Class. All u need to do is that, if you have the means apply for MSc. almost immediately if u have the means and/or take other professional courses/ certifications. As for Job search, invest more energy for now on small Companies or any other non professional jobs. After your masters degree, u may then apply to the bigger companies. Don't give in to any form of discouragement. God Created u and He'll certainly make a provision for u. But mind u, u most put in ur very best from now, make success a DO OR DIE AFFAIR. Some People move from Grace to Grass but for U, U're starting from the grass, surely Grace is ur destination. Regards and success to u.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by naggbajumo(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2009
some people came with pass and earning good money.life is not about the grade.but about what u can do.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Yoighaman(m): 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2009
@ PoStEr

NeEd I sAy MoRe? TrUtH iS; tHe NiGeRiAn JoB mArKeT aNd EmPlOyErS PLaCe uNfOuNdEd EmPhAsIs On CeRtIFiCaTeS AnD As SuCh u Av LiMiTeD oPpOrTuNiTiEs.

ThInK oF sTaRtInG a SmAlL biZ wHiLsT u dEvElOp UrSeLf AcAdEmIcAlLy, U mIgHt NoT nEeD tO wOrK wiT d CeRtIfIcAtE EvEnTuAlLy

I ThInK GoD hAs SeT u Up 4 a StEp Up- NoT eVerYbOdY hAs D oPpOrTuNiTy oF hAvInG a 3rD cLaSs; bElIeVe mE, IT's A rArE oPpOrTuNiTy tO LoOk InWaRdS

GrEaT bIlLiOnAiReS beCoMe WhO tHeY r 'CoS tHeY wErE pUsHeD tO d WaLL bY pRoViDeNcE aNd HaD nO cHoIcE tHan tO THINK!

IT's TiMe To ThInK n BeCoMe SuCcEsSfUl

GoOd LuCk.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by bioroma: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2009
there is always hope,as long as you put it all in god.i have seen graduates with 3rd class with very good jobs.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by anonimi: 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
ssn:

I served in C.A.C in my NYSC and I’m helping people. Ask questions, conduct background checks and u will see what other greedy Lawyers will tell you are the fees. I attend Living Faith Church. I don’t cheat people. I can help you incorporate/register your company/N.G.O.

oga, why you come put the bold part for your advert
shey your pastor no dey cheat people of their hard earned income by asking them to pay tithes and sow seeds so God can bless them like sey God na egunje policeman wey you must pay to comot roadblock shocked
abeg build your reputation as someone who delivers timely and efficiently with your clients and minimise (if you cannot totally eliminate) paying bribes in getting things done at CAC etc.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by luvli(f): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ poster

there is hope for u. further ur education in anyway u can and wait for opportunity. Believe me, the HR in my office which is a well known mortgage bank graduated with a 3rd class.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Blow(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2009
Yes you can!
Being awarded a 3rd Class is devastating.
There was this joke we use to make.
If you have first class or 2:1, you'll say I made a 1st Class or 2:1.
But if you have third class or pass, it is "They gave me 3rd class or pass.
Such is the stigma attached to 3rd class or lower grades.
Now I know you are asking this question within the Nigeria context.
The way forward has been postulated many nairalanders.
The Postgraduate escape is a good one though I didnt take that.
My advice is you need to be confident in your ability
And consciuosly separate your capability from your academic result.
Also prayer is very important in this matter.
Look for and get a job in your field, prove yourself.
You will definitely get over the 3rd class hurdle.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Haksalam(m): 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
If you notice, it is only people with bad result that we often hear of their names. They have zeroed their mind of not being able to be employed in places like banks et al. As a result they look for alternatives like business. SO there is still hope for him.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by thaira(f): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2009
The hope lies in you knowing what you like doing, knowing how to exchange it for what you want (e.g. money) and not ever giving up. Forget certificates.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Redhit(m): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2009
Thanks 4 all ur support nairaland fans
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Burgundy(f): 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ chire: pls wot skull in the uk admits third class graduates? av ben searching 4 one since. i graduated wiv a third class in law frm unilag? also, u have to do a pgd first, rght? pls fil me in, thanx!
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by chire(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
Burgundy:

@ chire: pls wot skull in the uk admits third class graduates? av ben searching 4 one since. i graduated wiv a third class in law frm unilag? also, u have to do a pgd first, rght? pls fil me in, thanx!

I did my masters at the univ of manchester. I don't know much about law cos i'm into science and engineering. But before i made a formal application for my msc,i had contacted the postgraduate admissions officer for my intended programme via email and explained my situation.He replied and told me that he could not offer me a unconditional msc cos of uni policy,but he is willing to offer me pgd,however,the course modules for pgd and msc are the same.the difference was that while for msc,you have to do a 6 month research project,pgd students will do only a 3 month literature project.so if i passed the course modules according to msc standards,i will be allowed to do the full msc research and get msc at the end of the day. then each dept had a postgraduate admissions officer whose job it is to approve or disapprove applications.but this was about 5 yrs ago and i know that changes have been made regarding admissions and everything is now centralised.I don't know about other schools.

In a nutshell,look online for schools that do postgraduate courses in law, for some universities,there may be little or no difference in the taught courses for pgd and msc.The only difference may be in the project part. So they can allow you to switch to msc if you do well in the taught courses.And try to get in touch with their admissions officer before you send a formal application (if they have one.their contact will be on the website.) .I must advise that it will be best if you started now before the 1st class and 2:1 and 2:2 people start applying (which is usually march or april) .These admission officers are human and some are understanding and helpful (like in my case). and esp since uk applications are free,you should be thinking of applying to as many schools as possible.

Best wishes.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by josite: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Yes a commisioner in fashola cabinet has a 3rd class

NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training / 10 Reasons Why You Are Still Looking For A Job / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2014