Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Just My Hobby - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Just My Hobby (9820 Views)

My Candid Opinion on Complexion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 27, 2009
I called this Egiziana (Egyptian).

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 27, 2009
I must have been sad the day I made this. grin grin grin

Oh that means: She'll be your undertaker. Happy? cheesy cheesy

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 27, 2009
This was originally in read but I lost the original copy. Fortunately I printed it and attached it to my diary. But I don't think the scanned version will be good though.

I think I used Photoshop. I made use of this software when I had to paint the eyes. To give like and shades I really needed a sophisticated program.

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 27, 2009
I had also coloured the second piece of this cycle but that is also lost. I used photo impression.

Re: Just My Hobby by chiogo(f): 3:16am On Nov 27, 2009
Cool stuff. I used to have artsy friends. They could DRAW!!!!

Michelin89, you draw these stuff online? No papers and drawing pencils?
Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 27, 2009
First I draw them using pencils on paper. But that isn't very difficult. Colouring them is the main issue. I can draw but suck at colouring so I use softwares and believe me it can take me a week just for one. E nor easy at all.

I even made a poster. I wanted to use it to create a group on facebook. smiley

Re: Just My Hobby by chiogo(f): 3:22am On Nov 27, 2009
Oh ok, I thought you used the software to do the drawing too.
Nice talent you got there, surprised it's just a hobby. My artist friends actually wanna do it as a career. They're in art schools.
Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 27, 2009
I wanted to go to art school too but my parents were against my choice. cry cry
Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 27, 2009
@ Busy Body

We have something called art and another thing called fanart.

Fanarts are usually drawn by otakus who want to imitate the style of a mangaka so they copy their drawings and reproduce their favourite characters.

You posted a fanart of Inuyasha, very popular even here in Italy, then one of an unknown anime. There are a lot around.

None of the drawings I posted here is a fanart. They were all drawn according to what I had in mind. There was a time I tried to draw Sana from Kodomo No Omocha, but I didn't fancy the stye. The heads were too big for the bodies and the eyes were simply too complicated. But Peach Girl was very nice.

I might post some (although very few) of my fanarts and some of my very first drawings. Then the legs were two poles. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Just My Hobby by chiogo(f): 3:42am On Nov 27, 2009
Aww, that sucks.
Yeah, naija parents don't consider such as valid careers. They were also against my sister going into Architecture, which is related to arts.
Re: Just My Hobby by mekadon: 4:18am On Nov 27, 2009
do your thing girl.where all dem haters? busybody and company.
Re: Just My Hobby by igboboy1(m): 7:36am On Nov 27, 2009
[size=14pt]WOW PPL REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR HOBBY? NA WA O[/size]
Re: Just My Hobby by busybody20: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2009
No2Atheism:

@busybody

that was not fair . . .at least apologise to her . . .its unfair for you to say she is copying other people's work. At least she has now provided evidence to show that she is the person who actually owns the work.

You have even caused her to reveal her other identities just to protect her name from being slandered. . . . an apology from you to her would be in order.

Thanks for this

She owes me an apology first. . All i did was an accusation and she could have politely made her points without the insults & name calling.  wink  wink

mekadon:

do your thing girl.where all dem haters? busybody and company.

haters ke? Now you are cracking me up  grin  grin   grin  grin
Re: Just My Hobby by pannyman(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2009
Do you have anything against African beauty? I suggest you make your drawings more Black. Your drawings are glorifying white women.

Don't get me wrong, you are talented alright, but use it to promote your race. Cheers.
Re: Just My Hobby by pannyman(m): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2009
Do you have anything against African beauty? I suggest you make your drawings more Black. Your drawings are glorifying white women.

Don't get me wrong, you are talented alright, but use it to promote your race. Cheers.
Re: Just My Hobby by VGA: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2009
chiogo:

Aww, that sucks.
Yeah, naija parents don't consider such as valid careers. They were also against my sister going into Architecture, which is related to arts.

That one of the reason why we have some fake doctors, lawyers etc
because he/she took a career that was forced on. our mentality
nee to change. I am into IT and help people with their computers
and i enjoy what i do. we complicate things alot in 9ja.
Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 27, 2009
pannyman:

Art is art. Not a tool to promote race and politics, please don't get it mixed up.

Artists draw / paint / sculpte accordintg to their moods, and what they've been surrounded by.

You need to get out of your way of thinking - just because a tailor who happens to be black, only creates Western fashion, then that means they have something against black people? Or a black singer happens to sing only Latino or Western songs? That's a very singular way of thinking.

igbo boy:

[size=14pt]WOW PPL REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR HOBBY? NA WA O[/size]

You cared enough to click, and why shouldn't one be proud of their talent?

Michelin, ignore the critics, and carry on with what you're good at, you have a rare talent. smiley
Re: Just My Hobby by meggieblac: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2009
u are really good. keep it up. hope some1 is smart enough to use your work for some real graphic designs or even movies. i'll watch.
Re: Just My Hobby by tonjoan: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2009
michelin89:

Don't worry ILoveAtheism.

I have my works scattered all over the net. I am not surprised if she finds the same work under 2m2o on www.manga.it. The same for my stories and write ups. Before I could gather everything in two blogs, I had been wandering around the net. wink wink

If applause could resound and be ferried across oceans then you would hear the thunderous appluase my folks,buddies and I are giving to your creative ingenuity. You are a class artist and I'm loving your drawings all the way. For those who accused you of plagiarism please note that they didnt mean to insult you as they never imagined you could be the same person form photobucket. I also think just for next time sake that you be patient and understanding enough to correct wrong impressions and not take to verbal vituperation because you are a public person in the making.
Thumps up girl and keep hoisting your flag
Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2009
She could have politely asked why I was using Laryeana instead of the usual Michelin89 instead of assuming I was stealing another person's work and post is in b[b]old and big fonts[/b] on my thread to get attention and I'd have answered: for privacy sake because I have my personal pictures hosted on that site. The same reason why I kept my profile private.
Re: Just My Hobby by tonjoan: 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2009
I understand. Your works really got me biting myself for not honing my drawing skills beyond the limping stage I took it to as a kid. You are just magnificent with them
Re: Just My Hobby by adconline(m): 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
I had the umbrella idea way before Rihanna!!
Time to visit copyright office or intellectual property lawyers on how to protect new ideas cos  I see some money to be made  in the future. protect your idea no matter how little cos Rasheed  Wallace was sued for copyright infrigement over a tatoo he got while in Oregon.
Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2009
The pic goes on!

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2009
This could be regarded asa fanart. I took the postures from Neon Genesis Evagelion but the faces are mine. I already had those characters in mind but I didn't know how to draw them. Thanks NGE. cheesy

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2009
cry cry cry Why did the coloured version of this get lost?

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2009
End of the cycle dedicated to Miss B (Missy B has nothing to do with the name). smiley

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
I love this. It is simple and very easy to colour.

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
There was a time I was interested in She Devils. cheesy cheesy

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2009
From the uncompleted poster.

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2009
Before the idea of the poster, they were individual works. I just though I could make more girls with the same idea. See to compare.

The individual:

From the poster:

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2009
The hybrid. Oyinda was good to notice how the face resembles mine! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Just My Hobby by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2009
And then there was the cycle dedicated to Miss J. For the moment I have scanned just this. More to come when I finish them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashion Lookbook Thread / New Lemon Fresh Lotion / Luxury Collections At Your Door Step!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.