Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi (29618 Views)

Mikel Obi And His Daughter's Having A Nice Time (Photos) / Ava And Mia Mikel Obi Show Their Winning Medals At Sports Day In School / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by eolafao: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
Stop Lying

Don't be like our politician of 1dollar to one naira
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by holluphemydavid(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
mikel go for the money
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by LecciGucci: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
olaolulazio:
no, you moved to China cus of your love for money and cus u realized you've warmed the bench enough for Chelsea.

Abeg which one be "his love for money"..
Make una use una head dey comnent na
Wat every livin person pray for is to get better offer than wat u earn currently nommatta watu do.

This kinda senseless comments suprises me o. Haaa nawa!
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by ngwababe(f): 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mickey my man...calm down,no be all those ones!
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by crusufixo(m): 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Valencia and Marseille, both eurpoean clubs, came calling, yet you went to china

And now you come out to say it was not for the money,

Mikel, please.... please.... abeg...spare us and be sincere

1 Like

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Which kind stu.pid LIE be this na ??
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Spito(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mike y u dey lie ?
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by czaratwork: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
Onye oma emeka. Make him pay me the differentials
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by revivalistdee(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
OKorowanta:
Own goal coming to halt our trip to Russia 2018 via MIKEL and his China sojourn.
I hope not.
You went for $140,000 as against $60,000 you
were receiving at Chelsea and you are here yarning Puan undecided

Mikel ! Mikel !! Mikel !!! Na How Many Times I Call U ? No Dey Lie Again, Ha ! Tel Us D Truth Na Becus Of Moni Matter And To Lash Their Girl Abi,. Ehen ! U Cum Dey Form B4
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
lifeispeace:
embarassed

mikel boo leave that thing joor.
if you work in shell earning 3m a month and exxon mobil offers you 6m a month who in his right senses wont go..
*plays daddy yo!*
cheesy

U de mind am. he choose the exxon mobil because he did it for Nigerians. Balant lie. Igbo boy de fail before?
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
damiloladuke:

Super Eagles captain and former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has explained his recent move to the Chinese Premier League team ,Tianjin Teda.

According to him , despite the fact that he will be getting double his former pay in China, the 29 year old insist the move wasn’t all about money but primarily done to aid Nigeria’s push to be at the 2018 World Cup in Brazil. RUSSIA

“I could easily have stayed in Chelsea for the remaining six months of my contract but it won’t be in the best interest of my nation, as they need me match fit when the World Cup 2018 qualifiers resume”, Mikel told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“It wasn’t an easy decision to make but I seriously need matches to stay fit for Nigeria. Nigerians don’t deserve to miss out of the World Cup after back to back failure to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations”.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-gjRq7IvnLZU/WHclHn3SItI/AAAAAAADWy0/0N1zp1r42nAksLj4Qv0rRFMZZ5rc_oTdgCLcB/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/01/i-moved-to-china-for-nigerias-sakemikel.html

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
Anyone notice he is the only black man in that team.

1 Like

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
we still love you mikel
whether you move to japan for money or not

just don't lie to our faces though.

1 Like

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Ebere2020(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
He might be right. You can't tell what's in a mans heart from his words. I love this guy and I pray it works for him there.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by chris31(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
And ur transferring ur salary to Naija account abi? Nwokem mechie onu infact am leaving Naija to USA coz Africa

1 Like

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by yedidiah(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
Chinese league vet money but no swag at all. Mikel just went and they gave him the number 10 Jersey straight.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Ximenez(m): 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
TeamSimple:
This your reasoning no be here o Mikel.
You had the chance of moving to another club in Europe. Valencia and marseille were keenly interested o
He's partly right, Mikel doesn't like competition, he moved because he needed more playing time, there were few European clubs that were interested in him, but he opted for China. Since the captain of your National team is playing in the Chinese Super League, i hope we don't fine him on the Chinese bench someday.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
damiloladuke:

Super Eagles captain and former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has explained his recent move to the Chinese Premier League team ,Tianjin Teda.

According to him , despite the fact that he will be getting double his former pay in China, the 29 year old insist the move wasn’t all about money but primarily done to aid Nigeria’s push to be at the 2018 World Cup in Brazil.

“I could easily have stayed in Chelsea for the remaining six months of my contract but it won’t be in the best interest of my nation, as they need me match fit when the World Cup 2018 qualifiers resume”, Mikel told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“It wasn’t an easy decision to make but I seriously need matches to stay fit for Nigeria. Nigerians don’t deserve to miss out of the World Cup after back to back failure to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations”.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-gjRq7IvnLZU/WHclHn3SItI/AAAAAAADWy0/0N1zp1r42nAksLj4Qv0rRFMZZ5rc_oTdgCLcB/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/01/i-moved-to-china-for-nigerias-sakemikel.html

I beg to disagree, you should have gone other EPL clubs, where you would play! It's primarily cos of cash IMO.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by thunderbabs: 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
See this guy ooo..when all of us hail am finish for moving to a dough-nation, he's come back to start thrashing hz mouth.

If you no dey, another person no go play for nigeria? sad
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by MistaBabz: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
Bros forget which Nigeria are you talking about d one wey dey for your pocket abi. Sharraap u went for the money gerrarahia. Btw na so most footballers career dey die 4 money's sake. Na so okocha own start
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Thecassanova: 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
See as una take finish my guy, bad mouth Nigerians. grin
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by wink2015(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mikel Obi wasted his time with Chelsea all for big Chelsea money although he was gainfully and/or profitably paid by Chelsea he never thought of changing clubs to other European club simply because he was in the good book of the coaches then. whether he play well or not they were ready to keep him. It was this lack of broad football exposure resulting from Mikel not changing clubs that made Nigeria football to suffer internationally as Mikel was just after international club money and not after developing himself to be a great football hero.

Great players change club, a good example was Cristiano Ronaldo who moved from England to Italy, Portugal and Spain.

It is now payback time for him as he is going to a dull league even with the socalled chinese big money. Nigerians will not see him play as we are not interested in the Chinese league.

He want to copy Didier Drogba who went to China for the socalled big money. Didier at a particular time had to back out of the Chinese football deal as Chinese football league is very boring.

Mikel should stop sacrificing the name of Nigeria for his quest to go to China. Mikel went to China simply for the love of Big Chinese money.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by guiddoti: 2:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
free2ryhme:
Which nigeria,
Na money, stop lying grin
lol for recession sake. lol
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by guiddoti: 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
LecciGucci:

Abeg which one be "his love for money"..
Make una use una head dey comnent na
Wat every livin person pray for is to get better offer than wat u earn currently nommatta watu do.

This kinda senseless comments suprises me o. Haaa nawa!
so, na becuz of Nigeria's sake? I dey laff our polithieftianz.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by vickylincon(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
walcut:
If you didn't leave Chelsea for the money abeg donate the excess to charity then I go know say you dey serious.
but Chelsea scored in the previous encounters na
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by manikspears: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
nigerians can be so wicked sha,this guy has performed far better for nigeria without pay than for chelsea,he should be celebrated for his loyalty and not ridiculed.the comments i'm seeing here are not encouraging for upcoming athletes sad
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Coolguy89(m): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
olaolulazio:
no, you moved to China cus of your love for money and cus u realized you've warmed the bench enough for Chelsea.
,thats it,if na for fitness why wont he move to club like sunderland,hullcity,granada or crystal palace.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by daududaniel(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
And you did not join Marseille or Valencia? Cut that crap Mikel, you went because of the money.
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by wellmax(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
walcut:
If you didn't leave Chelsea for the money abeg donate the excess to charity then I go know say you dey serious.

Did you notice Chelsea scored at least once in previous seasons but didn't score any goal again TOT this season?
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by guychidile: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
bros you have taken a decision that suite you.., no qualms..,i salute you jare..!
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Bablat(m): 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
Wetin u stil wnt him 2 do after e has won 11 title wit d blues. E pertake in all dis competition nd won, e won 2 premier league, 4 FA cup, 1 league cup, 1 champion league, 1 uefa cup, 1 community cup and 1 africa nation's cup nd there is nting remain 4 him dan 2 make money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephen Kiprotich Wins Lagos City Marathon 2018 (Photo, Video) / Nigeria Vs South Africa AFCON Qualifiers: Rohr Releases 23-Man Squad / Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Through Six Managers In The Last Three Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.