Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Asian Cars Versus European Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Asian Cars Versus European Cars (12206 Views)

2019 Mercedes-benz G550 Versus 2019 Mercedes-amg G63, Which Is Your Favourite? / Asian Cars Importation / Synthetic Motor Oil Versus Conventional Motor Oil Cold Pour Comparison Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asian Cars Versus European Cars by menstrualpad: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2017
Given the peculiarities of Nigeria... which one would you vote for in terms of durability, ruggedness, economy and cost?
Asian vehicles or European vehicles.

am not looking at aesthetics
cc
redcliff
valarinz
Gazzuzz
kingrein
diportivo
sammoto
engrchykae
and others innumerable to mention
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by peterjero(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2017
This is my unbiased submission, Asian cars are built for the not too technical person in mind which where almost all humans fall into. Because we just want to enter our cars and drive, not caring much about tire pressure, oil quality, cooling peculiarities etc so Asian cars will manage but that has since ended around 2005, they making cars as complex as European cars. But I personally would go for a European car this is because overtime I've come to see driving as an art and science and the European cars fulfill both. So I love euro cars that's for me alone I can cope with their wahala

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
For me European cars are more beautifully designed... Rugged and durable but cost more to maintain them

3 Likes

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by nurey(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
this has always been a long time debate, i wont choose that either is good because it all boils down to maintenance. Also what you intend to use it for

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by redcliff: 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
If i had an asian car i would be the sole and only mechanic of the car. To be honest, i love european cars alot especially German. I have never driven an Asian car in my life. Maybe thats one of the reasons i dont like them. But then again, i have not driven them and its safe to stick with what i know.
These are my reasons i would pick an european car over asian cars

1. Durability
2. Ruggedness
3. Not following the nigerian bandwagon effect
4. Easy access to these brands of automobiles
5. Designs way ahead of their time (audi a4 2002 model is still relevant today. Golf 3 is still relevant today)

Although it may cost more to maintain, but good parts lasts really long. If i need an everyday rugged ride, i would rather pick a golf2 or 3 grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by menstrualpad: 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
redcliff:
If i had an asian car i would be the sole and only mechanic of the car. To be honest, i love european cars alot especially German. I have never driven an Asian car in my life. Maybe thats one of the reasons i dont like them. But then again, i have not driven them and its safe to stick with what i know.

1. Durability
2. Ruggedness
5. Designs way ahead of their time (audi a4 2002 model is still relevant today. Golf 3 is still relevant today)

Although it may cost more to maintain, but good parts lasts really long. If i need an everyday rugged ride, i would rather pick a golf2 or 3 grin
Golf 2 versus Golf 3 which is more durable, rugged and efficient?
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by redcliff: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
menstrualpad:

Golf 2 versus Golf 3 which is more durable, rugged and efficient?

To be honest its the golf2. But the golf 3 is better in deisgn..theres no MK2 with AC. Thats another downside.
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by menstrualpad: 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
redcliff:

To be honest its the golf2. But the golf 3 is better in deisgn..theres no MK2 with AC. Thats another downside.
I prefer Golf2 though for ruggedness
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by nurey(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
menstrualpad:

I prefer Golf2 though for ruggedness

I will pick a clean automatic golf 2 over a golf 3 not because I think or know it's better but the Swagger of driving old autos is enticing.

The golf 2 has a stronger body than the golf 3, they both can be customized and they both have a state of the art GTI version.

The golf2 has less electrical, I am not too sure whether it's more fuel efficient though if am to rate it, the score would be negligible as I have been driven in both at highway in the north if I say my experience my name could be synonymous to exaggeration. Lol

I would take a golf3 with factory fitted AC my dad's experience with mechanic fixing a non ac version of a car with ac won't let me tow that part.

The carburetor in the golf2 is old school, if fuel finish, just put fuel in the tank, open the filter and put fuel then pour little on the carburetor head and you are good to go. Takes less than 5minutes hehe

1 Like

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by menstrualpad: 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
nurey:

I will pick a clean automatic golf 2 over a golf 3 not because I think or know it's better but the Swagger of driving old autos is enticing.

The golf 2 has a stronger body than the golf 3, they both can be customized and they both have a state of the art GTI version.

The golf2 has less electrical, I am not too sure whether it's more fuel efficient though if am to rate it, the score would be negligible as I have been driven in both at highway in the north if I say my experience my name could be synonymous to exaggeration. Lol

I would take a golf3 with factory fitted AC my dad's experience with mechanic fixing a non ac version of a car with ac won't let me tow that part.

The carburetor in the golf2 is old school, if fuel finish, just put fuel in the tank, open the filter and put fuel then pour little on the carburetor head and you are good to go. Takes less than 5minutes hehe

lol... I will go for the Golf2 auto anyday anytime... especially if it's that carburettor powered.
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
redcliff:

1. Durability
2. Ruggedness

from what i see, these car are almost the same when it come to technology but there is one key factor when africans buy cars from japan they buy old cars that are less electronic that the present one

your comparison should be of the same of manufacturer
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by diportivo: 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
Golf3 over golf2 anytime any day

Wld do anything to av an american spec 1997 manual gear golf....2.0 mpfi.

That ride is loaded

Op,ur parameters in the opening statement makes it hard to choose

While i was used to seeing MB,opel,peugeots,vw,Volvos in the house while growing up,the turn of the millennium saw Asian cars take over...and we av been making do with those

If I see a car dat I like/want,so be it

Origin doesn't really matter

i.e

Next car loading....only if I can go to France to choose my choice

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
diportivo:

That ride is loaded

While i was used to seeing MB,opel,peugeots,vw,Volvos in the house while growing up,the turn of the millennium saw Asian cars take over...and we av been making do with those

i.e

different taste as individuals but that renault scenic 4x4 is ugly

3 Likes

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by menstrualpad: 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
diportivo:

That ride is loaded

i.e

well I was considering practicability of the cars in Nigeria.

for example my local Benz Mech has about 45 cars stranded in his workshop. Toyota shops don't strand cars like that.....

BMW is another evil not to mention Volvo...
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by diportivo: 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
menstrualpad:

well I was considering practicability of the cars in Nigeria.

for example my local Benz Mech has about 45 cars stranded in his workshop. Toyota shops don't strand cars like that.....

BMW is another evil not to mention Volvo...

Mercedes has to be about expensive parts

Wetin do Volvo?don't start pls

1 Like

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by menstrualpad: 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
diportivo:

Mercedes has to be about expensive parts

Wetin do Volvo?don't start pls
Volvo requires a deepheeled owner
you are wrong about Mercedes Benz... technical support is a great challenge too apart from parts

1 Like

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by moscobabs(m): 6:58am On Jan 14, 2017
Na for where Nissan comes from pls?
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by chimah3(m): 6:59am On Jan 14, 2017
none!!!
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 14, 2017
I love Aba made cars grin

Read here: 5 Things to do to ensure your success in 2/17: http://talkeverytime..com/2017/01/5-things-to-do-to-ensure-your-success.html
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by praxisnetworks: 7:01am On Jan 14, 2017
moscobabs:
Na for where Nissan comes from pls?
Asia....
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Sgwash: 7:02am On Jan 14, 2017
cool
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Kaxmytex(m): 7:04am On Jan 14, 2017
When it comes to car, i knw one country only, dey are called d germans.

4 Likes

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Valfrankie(m): 7:06am On Jan 14, 2017
Mercedes alone got the whole of Europe covered. Don't dare commit such an abomination again, imagine comparing Benz with Kia! Damn! what an Insult angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Sgwash: 7:07am On Jan 14, 2017
I'd pick a European car, (buh not French and British cars o) to an Asian car. Buh to tell the truth, Asians are coming up to speed with their automobile production
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by 5starmilitant: 7:07am On Jan 14, 2017
Germany is in Europe, so European cars are more preferable.
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Kaxmytex(m): 7:09am On Jan 14, 2017
D chinkos got d key to mass production....wot do u xpect?? unexpensive tinz of course
Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by MrGreenMavro: 7:09am On Jan 14, 2017
Asians cars are good in bed but get easily tired and don't explore different positions

but

European cars are the best in bed, dy fire pass Ferrari and have vintage positions that makes you cum quickly or com to your senses!

Shey u wan compare kia to G wagon?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Sgwash: 7:09am On Jan 14, 2017
ZIMDRILL:

different taste as individuals but that renault scenic 4x4 is ugly
And hedious

2 Likes

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by praxisnetworks: 7:11am On Jan 14, 2017
Valfrankie:
Mercedes alone got the whole of Europe covered. Don't dare commit such an abomination again, imagine comparing Benz with Kia! Damn! what an Insult angry
be realistic... Mercedes Benz is very unreliable in recent times

2 Likes

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by martineverest(m): 7:11am On Jan 14, 2017
european cars for class,aesthetics,durability and comfortability.

Chinko for cheapness

1 Like

Re: Asian Cars Versus European Cars by Valfrankie(m): 7:12am On Jan 14, 2017
Although European cars are more expensive to maintain, but they are rugged and built to last. I just have this feeling Asian cars are just for fancy, small scratch you cry to a mechanic. European Cars also have more 2nd hand value than Asian cars. with the above submission, Nwanne I'm all for Europe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential State Cars 2014 (photos) / Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here / New Vehicle Registration And Renewal Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.