Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Help Any Gyneacologist? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Any Gyneacologist? (1657 Views)

Help!.. Any Treatment For Enteritis? / Help! Any Doctor In The House? / Help!!! Any Dermatologist Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Any Gyneacologist? by tonyfran: 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
My sis just did scan she discovered she's 7wks 3days pregnant. But the result says no cardiac seen yet. Now the question is, is threre nt suppose to be heartbeat even before 5weeks? She's diagnose of 2 fibroids measurin 66mm. Will this affect her pregnancy? She's purging will it be ok to take flagy. She's worried.
Re: Help Any Gyneacologist? by ChelseaDr(m): 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
tonyfran:
My sis just did scan she discovered she's 7wks 3days pregnant. But the result says no cardiac seen yet. Now the question is, is threre nt suppose to be heartbeat even before 5weeks? She's diagnose of 2 fibroids measurin 66mm. Will this affect her pregnancy? She's purging will it be ok to take flagy. She's worried.

Op, to start with cardiac activity does not appear before or at 5 weeks gestation. At 5 weeks, abdominal scan will only show gestational sac (sac) followed by yolk sac at about 6 weeks before you start talking of cardiac activity at 7-8 weeks and at 9 weeks you start noticing some body movement. But transvaginal scan may show these things at one week earlier than abdominal scan.

Now to the meat of the matter, no cardiac activity at 7 weeks plus 3 days could mean some things..... If it was abdominal scan, then it could mean it was not picked by the person scanning (expertise is needed in this business), hence just advise her to repeat the scan in about a week or two when the cardiac activity (if actually present) will be obvious even to the untrained eyes.

It could also mean that the cardiac activity is actually not there but the scan still has to be repeated in a week or two.

I wish you well. Cheers!!
Re: Help Any Gyneacologist? by tonyfran: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
ChelseaDr:

she will go back in 2-3wks time. You didn't say anything about the fibroid. Thank you,sir
Op, to start with cardiac activity does not appear before or at 5 weeks gestation. At 5 weeks, abdominal scan will only show gestational sac (sac) followed by yolk sac at about 6 weeks before you start talking of cardiac activity at 7-8 weeks and at 9 weeks you start noticing some body movement. But transvaginal scan may show these things at one week earlier than abdominal scan.
Thank you. She will go back in 2-3wks time. You didn't say anything about the fibroid.
Now to the meat of the matter, no cardiac activity at 7 weeks plus 3 days could mean some things..... If it was abdominal scan, then it could mean it was not picked by the person scanning (expertise is needed in this business), hence just advise her to repeat the scan in about a week or two when the cardiac activity (if actually present) will be obvious even to the untrained eyes.

It could also mean that the cardiac activity is actually not there but the scan still has to be repeated in a week or two.

I wish you well. Cheers!!
Re: Help Any Gyneacologist? by dyydxx: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
@Dr Chelsea,

sorry for invading this thread. I believe you might have some answers to what is troubling me. I am on the combined pill(Combination 3 to be precise) and I have been using it as prescribed same time everyday with no side effects. I'm now on day 19, and was feeling feverish so I decided to use my normal anti malaria drug(combisunate-Artemether+lumefantrine) as i usuallly do anytime i feel i want to have malaria. I used it everytime with my pills. Everything was going fine until someone pointed out to me that the arthermeter might interfere with the hormonal pills and as such I might not have been protected as I thought. Ever since then I have been unable to sleep as I had had sex on day 17 and 18 and on the morning of the day I started the malaria drugs. I would soon be on my placebo pills and I have been taking my pills together with the malaria drugs. Am I still safe or Have I opened myself up for pregnancy? Please candid advise needed. Thanks.
Re: Help Any Gyneacologist? by ChelseaDr(m): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
[quote author=tonyfran post=52751626][/quote]I purposely ignored the fibroid, it will have no effect on the pregnancy. People have carried pregnancies and delivered with fibroid... Including twins.

Fibroid becomes a problem where it occupies the place where the baby is supposed to stay, leading to recurrent miscarriage or occupies the passage way for the sperm cells causing infertility or causes excessive menstrual bleeding. It will also become a problem after delivery due to bleeding, but this can be prevented.
Re: Help Any Gyneacologist? by ChelseaDr(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
dyydxx:
@Dr Chelsea,

sorry for invading this thread. I believe you might have some answers to what is troubling me. I am on the combined pill(Combination 3 to be precise) and I have been using it as prescribed same time everyday with no side effects. I'm now on day 19, and was feeling feverish so I decided to use my normal anti malaria drug(combisunate-Artemether+lumefantrine) as i usuallly do anytime i feel i want to have malaria. I used it everytime with my pills. Everything was going fine until someone pointed out to me that the arthermeter might interfere with the hormonal pills and as such I might not have been protected as I thought. Ever since then I have been unable to sleep as I had had sex on day 17 and 18 and on the morning of the day I started the malaria drugs. I would soon be on my placebo pills and I have been taking my pills together with the malaria drugs. Am I still safe or Have I opened myself up for pregnancy? Please candid advise needed. Thanks.

Combination 3 is a very effective contraceptive. There are drugs that interfere with its efficacy such as anticonvulsant, (anti-epileptic drugs), anti-viral drugs including Anti HIV (Antiretroviral drugs), antidepressants and antifungal drugs but I don't know of athemeter.

Pregnancy becomes an issues if you miss about 2 pills. what you do will depend on whether you missed 1 or 2 pills, whether the pills were missed at the beginning or at/towards the end of the pack. In the case of a missed pill just take it at the time you remembered it and continue as before....., for more than one pill, you may need extra protection for the next one week or just start a new pack
Re: Help Any Gyneacologist? by dyydxx: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
ChelseaDr:

Combination 3 is a very effective contraceptive. There are drugs that interfere with its efficacy such as anticonvulsant, (anti-epileptic drugs), anti-viral drugs including Anti HIV (Antiretroviral drugs), antidepressants and antifungal drugs but I don't know of athemeter.

Pregnancy becomes an issues if you miss about 2 pills. what you do will depend on whether you missed 1 or 2 pills, whether the pills were missed at the beginning or at/towards the end of the pack. In the case of a missed pill just take it at the time you remembered it and continue as before....., for more than one pill, you may need extra protection for the next one week or just start a new pack

Thanks. Just wanted to find out after reading several articles on usage and when you might get pregnant on the pills, the universal guidance is that at the beginning of the new pack when coming off he placebo/sugar pills is a very delicate time and one shouldn't miss any pill at that time.

Please let's review this scenario. If my last active pill was on a Thursday(10pm) just before bed and my placebo week starts on Friday and finishes the next week Thursday(Last day of the placebo pills). If I take my beginning active pill on friday 10pm(this time is almost about 2hrs into Saturday), is this an ok time? or it's better to take it early in the morning or afternoon to balance the synthetic hormones since I have just gone 7 days with no hormones.
Re: Help Any Gyneacologist? by ChelseaDr(m): 6:02am On Jun 13, 2017
dyydxx:

Thanks. Just wanted to find out after reading several articles on usage and when you might get pregnant on the pills, the universal guidance is that at the beginning of the new pack when coming off he placebo/sugar pills is a very delicate time and one shouldn't miss any pill at that time.

Please let's review this scenario. If my last active pill was on a Thursday(10pm) just before bed and my placebo week starts on Friday and finishes the next week Thursday(Last day of the placebo pills). If I take my beginning active pill on friday 10pm(this time is almost about 2hrs into Saturday), is this an ok time? or it's better to take it early in the morning or afternoon to balance the synthetic hormones since I have just gone 7 days with no hormones.

You're welcome!

If the placebo finishes at 10pm on the said Thursday, then the main drug itself should be started on Friday the following day by 10pm, there is no time lost.

It is also important to know that within this period you are taking placebo, you're expected to also experience withdrawal bleeding.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

“stop Squeezing Your Woman’s Breasts”- Medical Doctor Warns Men / JOHESU- No Resumption Until FG Implement Our Demands / Chinese Doctors Confirmed African Blood Genetic Composition Resist Coronavirus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.