Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors (16033 Views)

Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 2bedroom Duplex / Can A Committed Land Be Released? / DON'T WAIT TO BUY LAND, BE A LAND LORD TODAY IN THE FAST DEVELOPING IBEJU LEKKI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by llade(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
I recently bought into an estate in Abuja. D design for the 300 square metre plot is for six 2 bedroom flats with 2 on d ground floor, first floor and second floor respectively. The building from the plan will occupy 246 square metres and am just wondering if the remaining 54 square metres will be enough for parking cars. Am expecting each flat to have 2 cars each.

1 Like

Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by mufutau55(m): 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2017
llade:
I recently bought into an estate in Abuja. D design for the 300 square metre plot is for six 2 bedroom flats with 2 on d ground floor, first floor and second floor respectively. The building from the plan will occupy 246 square metres and am just wondering if the remaining 54 square metres will be enough for parking cars. Am expecting each flat to have 2 cars each.

Forget about the square meters. What is the dimension of the land... that will be more useful.

Hajji M.
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by Mailthaddeus(m): 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
That's like half a plot by Lagos standard. 300sqm won't be able to accommodate the building with adequate parking lot for d occupants.
I suggest u redesign the building. U can make the ground floor a clear open space, while u add additional floor to it. This will make the whole ground floor space a parking lot or play ground for kids. U can contact me for the structural design of the redesigned building. Just PM me and I shall reply u.

1 Like

Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by llade(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
mufutau55:

Forget about the square meters. What is the dimension of the land... that will be more useful.

Hajji M.
Honestly i dont have details of d dimension other dan d 300 square metres indicated in d prospectus
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by llade(m): 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
I have been to d developer's office today and appealed for d plot size to be increased to at least 350 square metres. Hope they will accede to my request cos parking cars may be a challenge.
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by llade(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mailthaddeus:
That's like half a plot by Lagos standard. 300sqm won't be able to accommodate the building with adequate parking lot for d occupants.
I suggest u redesign the building. U can make the ground floor a clear open space, while u add additional floor to it. This will make the whole ground floor space a parking lot or play ground for kids. U can contact me for the structural design of the redesigned building. Just PM me and I shall reply u.
D developer may not agree as all allotees must build according to issued prototypes and designs.
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by mufutau55(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
llade:

Honestly i dont have details of d dimension other dan d 300 square metres indicated in d prospectus

OK. Normal small plot in Lagos/Ogun/Oyo is like 450sqm (50x100ft or 15x30m) so that plot is kind of small.
You may want to do 4 Units of 2 bedrooms (2=Ground Floor & 2=First Floor) so as to have ample parking space.
More reason I have always prefer 60x120ft (18x36m) plot size.

Hajji M.
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by llade(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
mufutau55:

OK. Normal small plot in Lagos/Ogun/Oyo is like 450sqm (50x100ft or 15x30m) so that plot is kind of small.
You may want to do 4 Units of 2 bedrooms (2=Ground Floor & 2=First Floor) so as to have ample parking space.
More reason I have always prefer 60x120ft (18x36m) plot size.

Hajji M.
A friend of mine suggested i do two 4 bedroom terrace flats on d ground and first floor and den two 2 bedroom flats on the second floor dat will now make only 4 flats considering d parking space constraint.
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by mufutau55(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
llade:
A friend of mine suggested i do two 4 bedroom terrace flats on d ground and first floor and den two 2 bedroom flats on the second floor dat will now make only 4 flats considering d parking space constraint.

It will still depend on the dimensions (Length & Width) of the land. It may be possible.
Please try and find out the dimension as that will help you immensely. That square meter can be in any dimension.

Hajji M.
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by mufutau55(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
@Ilade

Try this thread @Tushbobo thread... he is giving away sketch free... and he is a good reputable Architect... you can search for his other threads too.

https://www.nairaland.com/3557090/giving-back-nairalanders-get-free-house

Hajji M.
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by llade(m): 7:37am On Jan 13, 2017
mufutau55:
@Ilade

Try this thread @Tushbobo thread... he is giving away sketch free... and he is a good reputable Architect... you can search for his other threads too.

https://www.nairaland.com/3557090/giving-back-nairalanders-get-free-house

Hajji M.
Thanks
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by ademolashittu(m): 8:09am On Jan 13, 2017
Choose an Executive Agent for your real estate needs. 
Call ADEMOLA SHITTU when you want to MANAGE, BUY or SELL house/land.

. We can show you any home forsale anywhere you want it 

. FREE market analysis to determine your home/land value

. FREE consultation

Tel: 09063627937
Email: shinninglightproperties@gmail.com

Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by jeftalene(m): 8:18am On Jan 13, 2017
You get information about this and many more construction guide for free at www.engineerosaz..com
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2017
llade:

D developer may not agree as all allotees must build according to issued prototypes and designs.

Then consider including a basement in ur house. Am a contemporary engineer who likes innovative design. If u attach a basement. D super structure can still follow similar designs of other estates around, whiled substructure gives u all d parking space u need. Still we can do the design for u
Re: Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors by llade(m): 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

Then consider including a basement in ur house. Am a contemporary engineer who likes innovative design. If u attach a basement. D super structure can still follow similar designs of other estates around, whiled substructure gives u all d parking space u need. Still we can do the design for u

(1) (Reply)

Hotel Designer / Estimated Cost Of Building Ground Floor Of A Story Building. / Want A Unique Building Plan,construction& Approval In Nig?pls Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.