Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Origin Of Deadpose - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Origin Of Deadpose (1132 Views)

I Can't Be Less Proud Of My Igbo Origin. / BBNaija 2019: Full Names Of Housemates, Age And State Of Origin / 2019 BBNaija Housemates: Ages And State Of Origin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Origin Of Deadpose by ArthurADM(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2017
Some have slammed the Dead Pose trend saying it 'sick' and 'not funny'. It has been criticized by many for going too far and for making light of a tragic topic. The Dead Pose craze has sprung up online, showing people being photographed while pretending to be dead – but what is the point?

The Dead Pose craze shows people being photographed while pretending to be dead. The fad shows participants in a number of morbid scenarios, such as being stabbed by a fake axe. But truly, some scenes are kinda funny

[b][/b]What is the dead pose craze?
The latest internet craze to get its own designated hash tag is the ‘dead pose’. This is where participants are photographed pretending to have died in a number of morbid scenarios. Images and videos that have emerged show victims pretending to hang themselves, being ‘hit by cars’ and having fake axes in their necks.

[b][/b]Where did the dead pose start?

This Dead pose craze unknowingly started from a movie called Ginger Snaps. It’s a 2000 Canadian horror film directed by John Fawcett.

The film focuses on two teenage sisters who have a fascination with death as children, poses and creates death scene pictures as hobbies and, formed a pact to die together. The title is a pun on the cookie ginger snap. This film hasn’t gotten much attention as when I viewed it, but I’m still wondering how South Africans got this Dead Pose idea. Try watching the Movie!

[b][/b]What criticism has the dead pose received?
The craze has been criticized by those who feel the pranks are going too far and even attract bad luck. Cultural and traditional expert Matshediso Mothwalo said: "Death is never funny. “When people pose as the dead they are attracting bad luck. In our culture we do not allow people to pose as dead because they not only call bad luck down on themselves but on their families too." Many South Africans have made their views known about the dead pose.

What are your views on this?

(1) (Reply)

My Best Friend's Bridal Shower / Bbnaija 2017: Tboss Shows Off Her Pierced Tips(pix) / Mtn Project Fame Season 10 Audition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.