Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? (1780 Views)

Incredible Recovery Of The Nigerian 'witch Child' Who Was Left For Dead / Five Practical Ways To Help A Child Who Doesn’t Like Going To School / The Birth Of Our Baby Girl Realtime Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by anddrewz: 3:53am On Nov 25, 2009
Analysing the whole processes that leads to the birth of a child, from the s*x act to delivery, whose role is the most important? Is it d man who brought the seed, dug the hole with pen*s, planted it and provided for it till delivery? Or d woman, who provided d ground, took care of d seed till delivery? Who deserves the award?
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by foyeks2001(f): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2009
mother, nothing like it
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by sayso: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2009
am a Father but I tell you the Mother should take all the glory of the child's birth but should be ready to give it back when the fun is all over
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by MrCrackles(m): 9:14am On Nov 25, 2009
Topic
The kid for making it out of the hole alive. . . cheesy
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by FBS: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2009
I am lucky to have witnessed the birth of my child and all I can say is THANK GOD!
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by coolier(f): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2009
Mother.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by MrCrackles(m): 9:32am On Nov 25, 2009
FBS:

I am lucky to have witnessed the birth of my child and all I can say is THANK GOD!
Aaw big daddy! wink
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Sissy3(f): 9:58am On Nov 25, 2009
the mother. the man might have donated/contributed the sperm but if the woman didnt incubate and nurture the baby for 9 long months and painfully push him/her out through that little hole, there wouldnt be no baby.

two of them plays an important role, however, the woman deserves the Oscar while the man deserves the Golden Globe
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Seunses: 10:12am On Nov 25, 2009
I tink most of d glory should be 4 d woman cuz she did d majorgty job of carin d stuf 9 mnths & d labor of many hrs.it is not easy[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by anddrewz: 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Mr Crackles
I agree with u, its not easy making thru' the hole alive. lol grin
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2009
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2009
whoever loses their shape during the pregnancy, feels pain during the delivery, and whichever of them carries another human being inside their tummy for 8-9 moths.

all this after the enjoyment or suffering they both felt during the insemination.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2009
The woman shd get the reward, cos the woman cld have gone to the sperm bank for the fluid.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
Definitely the mother. She did most of the work.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by anddrewz: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Fhemmy
the sperm from d sperm bank is it not from man? Without input from man, nothing can happen. The man is d koko. No matter how fertile d woman is, if d man cannot shoot na zero. And whatever d man shoot, either M or F that is what d woman will deliver. He deserves an award for being a real man.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by mamagee3(f): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2009
Mother, the father did nothing other than sitting with his pot belly and waiting for the child's birth. sad
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by mamagee3(f): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
chaircover:

Both deserve an award  grin cheesy grin

Without the sperm; the woman cant incubate anything for 9 months or push anything out

Wthout the womb, the sperm will be wiped up with tissue and thrown in the toilet to die a cold and wet death
  wink

I laugh in Abuja!!! grin grin grin
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2009
anddrewz:

@Fhemmy
the sperm from d sperm bank is it not from man? Without input from man, nothing can happen. The man is d koko. No matter how fertile d woman is, if d man cannot shoot na zero. And whatever d man shoot, either M or F that is what d woman will deliver. He deserves an award for being a real man.

So what award would he deserve? none. . . . .he did nothing
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by agathamari(f): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
anddrewz:

@Fhemmy
i hate to inform you but it is now possible to fertilize an egg using dna from bone marrow meaning a woman can fertilize another womans egg or her own if she so chooses
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Fhemmmy: 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2009
agathamari:

i hate to inform you but it is now possible to fertilize an egg using dna from bone marrow meaning a woman can fertilize another womans egg or her own if she so chooses

Are u serious?
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by SisiKill1: 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
Men are just glorified sperm donor. A turkey Baster can do what they do and with less wahala too. They should be happy they even get a cameo mention at the award ceremony.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Fhemmmy: 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Men are just glorified sperm donor. A turkey Baster can do what they do and with less wahala too. They should be happy they even get a cameo mention at the award ceremony.

go sit down, na people like u cant do without a man in a week and yet wanna come here and finish man like that?
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by SisiKill1: 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^What now. . . I didn't say guys aren't useful for sum'n. The grass isn't gonna cut itself, now would it? Eh ehn!

Hehehehehehehehe! Don't you even think of throwing those shoes at me coz Neo ain't got nothing on me when it comes to dodging things. tongue
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
both man and woman should take the glory for it.

WOMAN:
for delivering the baby

MAN:
- for standing by all the mood swings
- for getting up at night to get you all the stuff that you crave etc
- for taking extra care of you while having the big belly.
- for shagging you extra hard when you turn into a sex maniac due to the hormonal changes.
- for driving you and attending all these boring baby classes that we all hate.
- for providing that special seed.
- for BEING THERE  and understanding when your hormones turns you into a psycho and you loose your minds.
- for taking all the abuse etc during the contraction and smiling about it.

in my mind, the midwife/doctor should take most of the glory for that special event.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by agathamari(f): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2009
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

^^^What now. . . I didn't say guys aren't useful for sum'n. The grass isn't gonna cut itself, now would it? Eh ehn!

Hehehehehehehehe! Don't you even think of throwing those shoes at me coz Neo ain't got nothing on me when it comes to dodging things. tongue

Lol
agathamari:

yes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-prospect-of-allfemale-conception-444464.html

Very interesting and thanx for the link
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by SisiKill1: 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
Rotflmao @ Mr. Jay's long list. . .and I totally concede! You are so right, so next time a woman watches helplessly as her body expands in abnormal proportions, she'll worry about the guy who can jump outta bed without the aid of a crane.

Every time Junior argues his case the Karate is the best career for him, Mr. daddy will be given pat on the back for his ability to sleep through it.

When she pushes sum'n the size of a bowling ball outta a button size hole, the man will be given a standing ovation for having the strength to hold her hands.

And when she's leaking and pumping milk all over the place, she'll pause and chant Bravo! Bravo! Bravo to the man for having the sense to have smaller breasts.

What do ya think? cheesy
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao @ Mr. Jay's long list. . .and I totally concede! You are so right, so next time a woman watches helplessly as her body expands in abnormal proportions, she'll worry about the guy who can jump outta bed without the aid of a crane.

Every time Junior argues his case the Karate is the best career for him, Mr. daddy will be given pat on the back for his ability to sleep through it.

When she pushes sum'n the size of a bowling ball outta a button size hole, the man will be given a standing ovation for having the strength to hold her hands.

And when she's leaking and pumping milk all over the place, she'll pause and chant Bravo! Bravo! Bravo to the man for having the sense to have smaller breasts.

What do ya think? cheesy

i think that you see this baby thingy one sided and want to pretend that what we men do is worthless or not needed.
what we do helps the mother go through the ordeal of having a baby in a peaceful way and without worries of some sort.

we get rid of all the emotional worries that a pregnant woman has which in turn could affect a childs well being and therefore what we do is as important to the baby as carrying it.

unless we are talking about single mothers, no woman who are in a loving relationship should take all the glory because she didnt go through the whole process by herself. . . . . . . .or would you say that us being there means squat?

i am talking REAL men here!
definition of real men:
- we get up in the morning when the baby is crying and take turn into feeding him (havent you heard of breast pump?)
- we take turn into baby-sitting while the other can do other thing instead of staying all day everyday with the tot.
- we are there all the way through the pregnancy WITH YOU (we might as well be the one pregnant)
- we go through the birth as much as you do and feel it as much as you do. when women get the contraction they hold us and want to tear our arm up and we keep smiling at them that everything is ok. painful? yeah!!!!!!!!
- we raise this child as much as you women do and, unless i am mistaking, whether it be boy or girl makes no difference.

so when they hand out this medal, we will be next to you to accept this glorious prize, LOL!!!!!!
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by SisiKill1: 6:08am On Nov 27, 2009
Oh Alright. . .you win. I mean it this time. Your defination of a real man did me in. Now THAT man can get an award for his supporting role.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by ayomidej(f): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2009
Mother for carrying the baby and pushing at birth grin
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2009
no competition no questions no doubts what so ever mom wins this one.
Re: Birth Of A Child: Who Deserves An Award? by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2009
rokiatu:

no competition no questions no doubts what so ever mom wins this one.
ayomidej:

Mother for carrying the baby and pushing at birth grin

Agreed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girlie Quotes / Must Read: '16 Lessons I Learnt From Losing My Virginity' / Is Marriage Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.