Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Punishments For False Prophecy (jeremiah 28) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Punishments For False Prophecy (jeremiah 28) (313 Views)

Pastor Sued For False Prophecy After Collecting $20,000 & SUV From A Member / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Orders Unmarried Youths To Choose Each Other / Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Punishments For False Prophecy (jeremiah 28) by ACKCITY: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2017
“And it came to pass the same year in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fourth year, and in the fifth month, that Hananiah the son of Azur the prophet, which was of Gibeon. Spake unto me in the house of the Lord, in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying, I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon” Jeremiah 28: 1-3

This happened when the Israelites had been taken captive by the king of Babylon, Hananiah did not hear from God but because he wanted to make the people happy he gave them a consoling prophecy which he claimed came from God. He said God will restore Israel and break the yoke of Babylon. Even prophet Jeremiah said amen to his prophecy.

Many people will ask, what is wrong with what Hananiah did? To us as humans there is nothing wrong with it, but God said he has not sent this man with this goodwill message. Though it might have been a good message but God did not send him.

Just like today most Christians would rather here good prophecies that they will have a child this year, they will become millionaires this year. Surely it is good to say good things in your own favor. But did God send this prophet to tell you this? Or did the prophet make this up by himself? Jeremiah the prophet of God said amen to the prophecy even though he knew in his heart that God did not send Hananiah because God had given him, Jeremiah a contrary message, which was not a message of peace like the one Hananiah brought before the people.

Many of our prophets, pastors, priest no longer preach anything other than prosperity messages! Is anything wrong with that? Yes and no. it is good to edify the people with good messages but what about telling them the truth about how the Lord works? Are they truly telling the people they prophecy to the truth about God? These are the questions we should ask ourselves.

So Jeremiah cautioned by saying this in verse 7-9 of the same chapter. “Nevertheless hear thou now this word that I speak in thine ears, and the ears of all the people; the prophets that have been before me and before thee of the old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence. The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the Lord hath truly sent him”

Read more >>http://citofgod..com.ng/2017/01/punishments-for-false-prophecy-jeremiah.html

(1) (Reply)

Only You Can Do / Singled Out / The Rich And Proud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.