Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota (2590 Views)

The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera / See How The Toyota Supra Has Evolved Since 1978 (photos) / The Toyota Land Cruiser That Is Faster Than A Lamborghini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by rainmaker12(m): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2017
check this 2018 best selling models
take note of honda camera based side mirrors, touch door handles and exhaust tips as to that of the toyotas old generation style.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by nurey(m): 10:59am On Jan 13, 2017
but the 2013 toyota Avalon too has touch handle nah. but this honda nawa ooooo sad

look at the 1st pix, that honda side back view looks like hyundai accent 2014 model. The camry looks like a Nissan Maxima padded.

they look sweet but seems like the camry generation ti take over in outward design than the accord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by Conner44: 11:20am On Jan 13, 2017
omo see motor shocked

as I opened this thread and saw the pictures my pr*ck just "stand" immediately

too sexy

I love honda

3 Likes

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by Kashif(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
Toyota will go for reliability, rather than aesthetics any time. While Honda likes newest gadgets/technology, Toyota likes 'tested and trusted'. They will wait for a year or more for the teething period to pass. Meanwhile do you you consider cost of ownership? If that camera side mirror is broken, it will come with considerable financial setback. For me, the handleless door is a minus.
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by nurey(m): 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
Conner44:
omo see motor shocked

too sexy

I love honda

car pervert spotted grin
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by diportivo: 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
Conner44:
omo see motor shocked

too sexy

I love honda

4 Likes

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by diportivo: 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
Na wa o

All these car wey person no go fit use for inside inside ikorodu

See motor!!!

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
They have run out of ideas, just installing bigger lights and bigger grills.

5 Likes

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Isn't that Honda a Concept car?
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by rainmaker12(m): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
Kashif:
Toyota will go for reliability, rather than aesthetics any time. While Honda likes newest gadgets/technology, Toyota likes 'tested and trusted'. They will wait for a year or more for the teething period to pass. Meanwhile do you you consider cost of ownership? If that camera side mirror is broken, it will come with considerable financial setback. For me, the handleless door is a minus.
'the' car will get you to anywhere. whether 2000 model or 2019. If i am buying a modern car, im buying it for the techs it packs. Why will i wait 3-4 years when its outdated, or under-valued. Toyotas are known for backwardness in tech right from time. Honda pushed in remote trunk open and rear disc brakes from 1998 accord, till 2003 camry still dosent have disc brakes and remote trunk.... or they are testing them if it will last forever?..lol
Cost of maintenance is not an option. If it breaks i fix it. Of course it will be expensive whether it has camera or not.

5 Likes

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by slimmoney(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Team honda 4 life

1 Like

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
rainmaker12:

'the' car will get you to anywhere. whether 2000 model or 2019. If i am buying a modern car, im buying it for the techs it packs. Why will i wait 3-4 years when its outdated, or under-valued. Toyotas are known for backwardness in tech right from time. Honda pushed in remote trunk open and rear disc brakes from 1998 accord, till 2003 camry still dosent have disc brakes and remote trunk.... or they are testing them if it will last forever?..lol
Cost of maintenance is not an option. If it breaks i fix it. Of course it will be expensive whether it has camera or not.

I'm a Honda guy but what u said is not true. Maybe u don't understand that cars have trims. I am very sure a 2001 Toyota camry XLE has both front and rear disc brakes. I once had a l 2005 Honda Accord DX that doesn't have disc brakes at the back, only the front. The LX and ex have disc brakes but the DXl doesn't have, this also applies to Toyota Camry. It is very funny when u say a 2003 Toyota Camry doesn't have rear disc brakes when even a 1995 Camry XLE has.
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by mili3kid(m): 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
slimmoney:
Team honda 4 life
i swear ... dt ride is fucking sweet
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by diportivo: 8:04am On Jan 14, 2017
greenhulk:

I'm a Honda guy but what u said is not true. Maybe u don't understand that cars have trims. I am very sure a 2001 Toyota camry XLE has both front and rear disc brakes. I once had a base model 2005 Honda Accord that doesn't have disc brakes at the back, only the front. The LX and ex have disc brakes but the base model doesn't have, this also applies to Toyota Camry.

True talk bro

My 1995 Toyota Camry XLE (orobo) had leather,HVAC,rear brake discs,ABS,driver/passenger power seats etc.only problem I had with it was it being and I4 and not a V6....aaaand,it was obd1

I remember getting into an argument with a mecho and den a bet cos he had not seen the car and was wondering if that model cld be that loaded
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by kingreign(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
rainmaker12:
check this 2018 best selling models
take note of honda camera based side mirrors, touch door handles and exhaust tips as to that of the toyotas old generation style.
So these cosmetics add ons are what you consider 'technologcally advanced'?
Na wa o.

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by lonelydora: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2017
Chai.......oboy! See motor nah.

Honda all the way.
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
For me the honda lacks a Superior look. Thats just baseless design with no soul
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by tolulinks(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
xvbill:
For me the honda lacks a Superior look. Thats just baseless design with no soul
Visit your nearest optician.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by MPVGoddess: 6:14am On Jan 19, 2017
interesting and related from Quora, if you can follow the link and read the comments over there: https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Toyota-have-so-much-higher-market-share-than-Honda

Toyota started as a company that produced fabric looms, and the company decided to diversify into making cars in the 1930's. They applied the expertise of running a large industrial company to the challenge of building and selling cars. Toyota's claim to fame is the Toyota Production System, which allowed them to build high quality products and eliminate defects along the way. Culturally, Toyota is very focused on success as a company, and they are very focused on processes and statistics to keep the machine humming smoothly.

Case in point- the 1997 Camry was designed with one goal in mind- to be cheaper to manufacture without sacrificing reliability. The 1992-1996 Camry was already a successful product, so they did not make it more fuel efficient, roomier, safer, or faster. They simply made it easier to assemble and removed features like triple sealed doors which they felt were unnecessary in that market.

Toyota has many more models than Honda, and they have perfected the use of common platforms to produce a wide variety of vehicle types with common engines and other components.

Honda, in contrast, is a car company, focused on making cars. Their founder was a bona-fide gearhead and always wanted to make cars. Honda as a company is passionate about engineering the best that they can build for a given price. They are sometimes not so smart about product-market fit. (e.g. the Ridgeline and Acura RL)

Honda pioneered variable valve timing technology and their engines are the best in the world. The import tuner community has embraced Honda because of this- they incorporate expensive features like double wishbone suspensions and forged crankshafts into their products, features which add cost but are all but unnoticeable to the average buyer. They redesign their products from the ground up on a regular schedule and will take risks when Toyota will not.

I don't think there's a substantial difference in reliability between a Honda and Toyota product, but there is a difference in terms of cost. With fewer models across which to amortize engineering costs, and shorter model cycles, it simply costs more to produce a Civic than a Corolla. This is why Honda doesn't offer as many incentives, and the out the door price of a Corolla is significantly different than a Civic.

As a company, Toyota is clearly better. But Hondas are better cars.
Re: Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota by rainmaker12(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
kingreign:

So these cosmetics add ons are what you consider 'technologcally advanced'?
Na wa o.
please quote where i said that. 4 u start posting thoughtlessly on people threads.

(1) (Reply)

North Korea Hasn't Paid For These Volvo Cars They Bought 45 Years Ago 4rm Sweden / Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? / Golf 3 For Sale At 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.