Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) (25886 Views)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by bukaeno1: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
D governor took it far with the way he address the student if the students behaviour is insulting during the protest I don't think as a leader he should respond to their their grievances with those I don't care words and no be today schools has been shorting down. He's talking about constituted authority who are the people who put those constituted authority that he's bragging about there,is it not the parents of this students and the students that voted for them to be the constituted authority.They queue inside sun and some even lost their life during election to vote for u yet you can't give them quality education you promise during campaign . O'MASE OOO one that's sure is when the going is tough soon or later the tough will get going.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Emassive(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
Senseless comment
dangotesmummy:
even at that the students should have shown a little respect. No matter what an elder is still an elderly.yes we know these elders could be annoying but for crying out loud he is your governor. The students should have begged and pacified him and not yell or threaten

Afterall even when your father offends you and you clearly know he's wrong do you insult him or get confrontational.everything is not gra gra

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Danjuma827(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
RoyalMail:
This isn't the first time a university will be closed for 8 months. If you want violence, I'm ready," Gov. Ajimobi of Oyo State, dares Lautech students as they took their protest to the government house in Ibadan. The students were protesting over the closure of their school for over 8 months now and in which the gov is trying to explain the situation of things to them... Watch the video below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swefveAGE6k
if this is how you people want to actually do itnthen how will you expect him to show remorse for you all
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by refiner(f): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Lol...funny
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Danjuma827(m): 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
refiner:
Lol...funny
I tell you my sister
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
He is real coward, I dont know why a gov keep saying all this, when his children are not schooling in Nigeria, how do u expect him to say something reasonable, after all this pple will still vote for them in the up coming local govt next month,my dear pple of Oyo state try and b wise
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by LeanonGOD(m): 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
Where there is No Godly, sensible & Considerate Leaders the nation will perish - Nigeria is Perfect example.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dee02(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
Disgraceful. Absolutely disappointed in Ajimobi!
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by ajasa4link: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
louqas:

You are a learner . Its obvious we you have nothing to contribute here kindly stop quoting me .
A learner that schooled u
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by DamiG(f): 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
Such a pity education isn't valued by our leaders in this country no wonder Nigeria has stagnated cry
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by roolnaado(m): 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJpGsgLmru4

This shows the grievances of the students were well founded.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by olumide087(m): 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2017
No one dares that in UNAD,not where people like DEJAVUU,DON DADA,GHANDI,CANDID,SATAO....................Expect total war,Death itself fears dx people
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by flipflop(f): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
[quote author=ajasa4link post=52789098]
Sir, you have spoken well. im an alumni of school and i agree with your point of view. Do you know that despite this show of shame by the governor, if he wishes to run for the next election, half of these students "so called youths " would still put their thumb on the ballot paper for him once the amount is just right. The youths are also killing this country by nonchalance attitude. *my take*
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by murmee: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
Wanice:
does that justify his words and actions in that video? He was full of pride oga. Stop supporting what's bad.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Haishophem(m): 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
dangotesmummy:
even at that the students should have shown a little respect. No matter what an elder is still an elderly.yes we know these elders could be annoying but for crying out loud he is your governor. The students should have begged and pacified him and not yell or threaten

Afterall even when your father offends you and you clearly know he's wrong do you insult him or get confrontational.everything is not gra gra

Someone that doesn't show any iota of concern to the plight of his people should be respected? Do you know wat it means to stay idle for a month talk less staying for 8 months. Some elders that doesn't act in a way to earn respect needs to be shown a full fledged disrespect. We respect them a lot doesn't mean they should take us for a ride. Would he have made that statement had it been if his children schools in lautech?
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by murmee: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
Wanice:
does that justify his words and actions in that video? He was full of pride oga. Stop supporting what's bad.
What is actually bad is students talking (very rudely) back at a Constituted Authority. The Governor respected them enough to have even made the time to address them. All that was required of the students was to hear him out and ask questions later. The behaviour of those young people make me doubt if they are real students. It was more like a collection of Vagabonds! If they are tired of staying at home, they would have behaved better. Would any secondary school student disrespect his Principal and not face serious discipline? Let alone the Governor of a state!
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by kpompey: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
murmee:
What is actually bad is students talking (very rudely) back at a Constituted Authority. The Governor respected them enough to have even made the time to address them. All that was required of the students was to hear him out and ask questions later. The behaviour of those young people make me doubt if they are real students. It was more like a collection of Vagabonds! If they are tired of staying at home, they would have behaved better. Would any secondary school student disrespect his Principal and not face serious discipline? Let alone the Governor of a state!

Your response made me laugh. By Gods grace, if this does not happen to you, it will happen to someone close to you. Take your time and ask yourself what is the minimum age entry requirement of most companies in Nigeria (21/22).This is feasible for their kids who are sent to UK to study while you fight for survival to live despite all hopes and promises while you are growing and in school.You are a beneficiary with the way your talk and soon you start serving their children.Munmun

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Meel: 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
kpompey:

Your response made me laugh. By Gods grace, if this does not happen to you, it will happen to someone close to you. Take your time and ask yourself what is the minimum age entry requirement of most companies in Nigeria (21/22).This is feasible for their kids who are sent to UK to study while you fight for survival to live despite all hopes and promises while you are growing and in school.You are a beneficiary with the way your talk and soon you start serving their children.Munmun
baba lif d guy wey dey yarn rubbish, even if you enter lautech at the age of 16, u go reach at least 23 before you finish. Not minding medical students wey dey use 10 years old.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2017
louqas:

Omo ale ibadan ni e .... omo irankiran. ...ara l'o maa san pa gbogbo molebi e...... afofun gbemu
if you are blind to developments around you its not my fault. Im responsible for what I say not the way you understand it, that is what free public education does to your psyche
I feel embarrassed belonging to the same specie with you. cry
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
Haishophem:

Someone that doesn't show any iota of concern to the plight of his people should be respected? Do you know wat it means to stay idle for a month talk less staying for 8 months. Some elders that doesn't act in a way to earn respect needs to be shown a full fledged disrespect. We respect them a lot doesn't mean they should take us for a ride. Would he have made that statement had it been if his children schools in lautech?
I'm not supporting him neither am I saying what he did is right .he has his own excesses for not showing discretion or ability to manage crowd and show feeling for their pain but that doesn't give the mob the right to be cursing out on him

He even said you're asking for your right but as an educated person you sit down and have conversations, we iron it out amicably and he said do you want peaceful conversations or you want to ferment trouble and the mob students we're still yelling in Yoruba that we will make your administration hard for you which prompted him to say do your worst

For crying out loud he has talked to them as a father to a child but they kept yelling at him.you too look at it na.we're all human beings.governor too is a human being

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
Emassive:
Senseless comment
please state or identify the senselessness there undecided
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 9:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
teamchocolate:
all i see is a paid ajimobi tout. . You and dangotesmummy. Shame on you
joor nitori olorun gbenuesoun
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 9:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
Bash10:

hey you! sharrap there OK! Bible say Bible say, why Bible no come open school. no be also ur Bible say the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force. I don't even think you know what 8 months strike means, that's going to a year for crying out loud. I experienced something like this and I know how it feels. do you think this is the first time they are meeting this shameless ajimoney man? do you even know what frustration means?
didn't you hear when he was asking the students that do you want a peaceful discussion or cofrontation and They kept yelling at him.if you're the one nko that people that you're at least 20 something years older than ARE yelling and cursing out on you at the same time how will you feel

Another question you should ask yourself is that is ajimobi the school management? Is he the owner of the school. If the students aren't happy They should face the school management not ajimobi. This is a case of misplaced aggression. Taking out your anger on someone who is not the cause of school closure
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by habig1: 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
dangotesmummy:
I'm not supporting him neither am I saying what he did is right .he has his own excesses for not showing discretion or ability to manage crowd and show feeling for their pain but that doesn't give the mob the right to be cursing out on him

He even said you're asking for your right but as an educated person you sit down and have conversations, we iron it out amicably and he said do you want peaceful conversations or you want to ferment trouble and the mob students we're still yelling in Yoruba that we will make your administration hard for you which prompted him to say do your worst

For crying out loud he has talked to them as a father to a child but they kept yelling at him.you too look at it na.we're all human beings.governor too is a human being
..you are part of the reason y Nigeria is not moving forward.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by NicoBaba(m): 12:26am On Jan 15, 2017
tyson99:

Try and stay home for 8months at home while ur peers are already graduating then u knw how it feels, se his own children dey lautech respect kor reciprocal ni ........They would av respected him many times within the 8months before going wild
one big stout for u man

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by NicoBaba(m): 12:27am On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
didn't you hear when he was asking the students that do you want a peaceful discussion or cofrontation and They kept yelling at him.if you're the one nko that people that you're at least 20 something years older than ARE yelling and cursing out on you at the same time how will you feel

Another question you should ask yourself is that is ajimobi the school management? Is he the owner of the school. If the students aren't happy They should face the school management not ajimobi. This is a case of misplaced aggression. Taking out your anger on someone who is not the cause of school closure
just kip kwayet .
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by mikolo80: 1:34am On Jan 15, 2017
ajasa4link:
I really usually do not concern myself with issues bordering on governors of states I don't know much about, so each time I hear people say Oyo is retrogressing under Ajimobi I just remain indifferent and think maybe it's just his detractors making use of propaganda to paint his administration in bad light.
This video I just saw just confirmed to me that Ajimobi is far worse compared to every other governor the state had in the past and could ever have.
I mean what 4ckery is this?! How can a governor who is meant to serve the people talk to the youth who form the bulk majority of the electorate in this manner, huh? what bulk. They don't vote, they are from other quavers just taking advantage of oyo educational institutions and are sent home during elections so their vote doesn't count if not he will not talk like this. I mean how can a public office holder stand in public and make such a moronic statement like 'Did schools start getting closed today?'', and that "How much is eight month strike sef"
when voters don't come out on election day
To cap it all, he was even telling the security operatives to go and bring the guy that was talking back at him in the crowd.
when voters are not armed
Choi! I trust greatest Lasuites, that place will turn to a Roman gladiator arena, blood will surely flow, properties will get damaged and the governor will not even go unscathed. Let him go ask fashola how his precious flower got destroyed right dere in state house, how students cooked beans with firewood right in the state house during the school fees increment saga.

It's unfortunate this Ajimobi guy is on second term, cos it wouldve been the best time to kick him out
and this is exactly why he doesn't give a 4k cos he doesn't need their votes again

So so sad for our nation that majority refuse to participate in electoral process claiming it's waste of time
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by mikolo80: 1:36am On Jan 15, 2017
Mufasa27:
Apc doing more damage to Nigerians than any other political party that has ever ruled this country....

I remember during the tenure of Kayode Fayemi in ekiti, eksu(ekiti state University) was always on strike, the Governor never cared, with all his doctorate award, PhD etc he never valued education, fast forward to the present regime,the school now has never recorded any strike under the ayodele fayose led administration... I'm not trying to derail from the topic, I'm just trying to compare and contrast.... Apc is a curse to this nation.
no my friend it's a blessing cos now ppl know that federal might can be defeated even as an incumbent while not voting with sense has grave consequences

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by mikolo80: 1:44am On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
It's unfortunate we don't have leaders in this part of the world
yes we do
We elected them by omission or commission

You don't trade words with mob students instead you engage in conversations and negotiations instead of getting unnecessarily confrontational.this is a crisis that he could manage with proper conversations.can't he take a cue from Obama
why not
He did
Nothing happened
Negative reinforcement until someone tries it again with mob that will not tolerate it

And as for those students they didn't do well. no they did not, they didn't plan it well yes we know our elders and leaders are a bunch of disappointment are you sure we do
You may
Majority still revere them
but in Yoruba land if your elder offends the younger one its still the younger one that will beg. time to call the elders out. Dollar is now 500

Even if you feel offended there's a way and manner you adress your governor. I'm not saying kiss his ass or be subservient but humility and temprance goes a long way.you as a student have more to loose than him if you decide to be confrontational instead of resolving issues in a win win way
we have humbled for 50 years
Which temperance you want again
Anyway not his fault
If to say sniper use him as example other governor's for take dressing

Bottonline is both parties are wrong. Ajimobi should learn the art of public communication especially with youngsters then students should learn to deal with this elders with wisdom even with their excesses
ajimobi cannot learn anything until the students learnt to recall their representatives
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by mikolo80: 1:55am On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:

your father doesn't steal your inheritance
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by mikolo80: 1:56am On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
he's not saying it won't be opened. He's just saying they should show a little respect
how will it reopen when he has stolen the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by mikolo80: 2:06am On Jan 15, 2017
godoluwa:

oga lie muhammed, Ajimobi administration is worst! mention just one reasonable project from Ajimobi.
I lived & work in Ibadan, educational system under him scores zero.
the roads he built
Abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Jamiu Mosobalaje Oyawoye Is Dead / Mmesoma Ejikeme: JAMB Statement On Result Of Anambra Government Enquiry. / Federal University Of Technology Akure Students Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.