Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) (25893 Views)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:23am On Jan 15, 2017
buffalowings:

The students have been pushed to the wall so I can't blame them for mob action.. baba eight months no be joke....the blame is squarely on the useless governors
please who voted for ajimobi. They voted for him finish they're complaining
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:28am On Jan 15, 2017
mikolo80:
ajimobi cannot learn anything until the students learnt to recall their representatives
there's an addage that says it's madness doing the same thing and expect a different result
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:30am On Jan 15, 2017
NicoBaba:
just kip kwayet .
for stating the obvious? No i won't dear
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:31am On Jan 15, 2017
habig1:
..you are part of the reason y Nigeria is not moving forward.
how?
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:33am On Jan 15, 2017
Bash10:

hey you! sharrap there OK! Bible say Bible say, why Bible no come open school. no be also ur Bible say the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force. I don't even think you know what 8 months strike means, that's going to a year for crying out loud. I experienced something like this and I know how it feels. do you think this is the first time they are meeting this shameless ajimoney man? do you even know what frustration means?
smh
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:33am On Jan 15, 2017
buffalowings:

The students have been pushed to the wall so I can't blame them for mob action.. baba eight months no be joke....the blame is squarely on the useless governors
smh
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:34am On Jan 15, 2017
stinggy:

Am I reading well shocked
of course
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:35am On Jan 15, 2017
HCF:

In this case, the Governor should have been the one to exhibit humility regardless of his age.He should have been the one to provide 'soft answer' regardless of the provocations by the students. Do u know what it means to be at home doing nothing for 8months?. Does he have a child there? ...Where's his empathy?
The truth is Ajimobi is arrogant and too pompous to occupy such a position. He feels everyone owes it a duty to always 'beg' him whenever there is a squabble of any kind...He does not deserve the respect he is seeking...
is ajimobi the owner of lautech? Why can't the students face their school authorities to chanell their frustrations on
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2017
ajasa4link:

He was not elected to be getting humility up and down. If he wants humility that much, he should have checked into a seminary and become a clergy. The governor gaffe d on this one, simple!
ogbeni this is Yoruba land
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:39am On Jan 15, 2017
kheengjay:

from my own point of view I feel respect is reciprocal okay ....... how can the number one citizen of that state come out n foolishly speak without any form of shame or remorse thereby fueling already angry youth to become more aggressive, these people placed him there and should be given a little token of respect. just saying dou
I agree he didn't handle the situation with wisdom but confrontations doesn't breed anything good or achievable

It might even get to a stage that ajimobi won't answer them again

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:41am On Jan 15, 2017
Handsomecole:
I didn't say they should throw things at him, but engage him intellectually devoid of harsh but polite insults. I also praise the doggedness of the students too.
you mean the mob students that had to think before answering the question when ajimobi asked what course are you studying? Is it those type of people that don't know their left from right engage in intellectual discussion?
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:43am On Jan 15, 2017
Chiefpriest1:

He should have enough experience to handle this kind of angry crowd. He was obviously fuelling the anger by some of his statements.

Telling angry youths to go do what they like smacks of insensitivity. He should have been calmer while addressing them. BTW, I like the insightful wordings on your dp.

if you're begging calming down and asking students what they want and they said it's trouble they want won't you run out of patience if you're the one. Abi is ajimobi not a human being

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:44am On Jan 15, 2017
Kaydeexotic:

Now I see that yur sense is paining you.. angry angry
your sense will pain you.ode
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:46am On Jan 15, 2017
Wanice:

have read your earlier post and am highly dissapointed in you. Ajimobi lacks common sense. He was speaking like he's the almighty, what level of insensitivity is this. You talk to people anyhow because you are a governor. has he forgotten he campaigned to be elected by the people. I do not hate him infact I was one of his numerous fans but with this crude act Ajimobi is a disgrace to the ruling class
please what do you want him to say or do when HE kept calming the crowd but they still kept insisting that they want trouble
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:48am On Jan 15, 2017
tyson99:

Not sure if u schooled in naija or u went to a private school sha
stop being personal or sentimental. The school I went to isn't important as far as this matter is concerned
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Bash10(m): 6:50am On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
didn't you hear when he was asking the students that do you want a peaceful discussion or cofrontation and They kept yelling at him.if you're the one nko that people that you're at least 20 something years older than ARE yelling and cursing out on you at the same time how will you feel

Another question you should ask yourself is that is ajimobi the school management? Is he the owner of the school. If the students aren't happy They should face the school management not ajimobi. This is a case of misplaced aggression. Taking out your anger on someone who is not the cause of school closure

with this your second paragraph, I think you really have no idea what you are talking about. I won't go further than this with you.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:52am On Jan 15, 2017
Bash10:

with this your second paragraph, I think you really have no idea what you are talking about. I won't go further than this with you.
bye
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by ajasa4link: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
I thot it's Idoma land..... as if I myself am not yoruba by tribe. Oga there is no excuse for this display of uncouthness by broda isiaka. Even Tinubu himself the Jagaban never for once speak to students in such manner when he was the governor
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by oladoja1(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2017
Mufasa27:
Apc doing more damage to Nigerians than any other political party that has ever ruled this country....

I remember during the tenure of Kayode Fayemi in ekiti, eksu(ekiti state University) was always on strike, the Governor never cared, with all his doctorate award, PhD etc he never valued education, fast forward to the present regime,the school now has never recorded any strike under the ayodele fayose led administration... I'm not trying to derail from the topic, I'm just trying to compare and contrast.... Apc is a curse to this nation.
this guy can lie. Eksu no do weytin, what happened before Fayose sacked 400 staff in the school
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Mufasa27(m): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2017
oladoja1:

this guy can lie. Eksu no do weytin, what happened before Fayose sacked 400 staff in the school
I was once a student of that school bro and I have so many friends and family there up to date.. So can you kindly tell us what happened when he sacked 400 staff and why he sacked them... Thanks
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by kpompey: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
I'm not supporting him neither am I saying what he did is right .he has his own excesses for not showing discretion or ability to manage crowd and show feeling for their pain but that doesn't give the mob the right to be cursing out on him

He even said you're asking for your right but as an educated person you sit down and have conversations, we iron it out amicably and he said do you want peaceful conversations or you want to ferment trouble and the mob students we're still yelling in Yoruba that we will make your administration hard for you which prompted him to say do your worst

For crying out loud he has talked to them as a father to a child but they kept yelling at him.you too look at it na.we're all human beings.governor too is a human being

Mr Ajimobi is a beast in man's clothing

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Surfboard(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
It's unfortunate we don't have leaders in this part of the world

You don't trade words with mob students instead you engage in conversations and negotiations instead of getting unnecessarily confrontational.this is a crisis that he could manage with proper conversations.can't he take a cue from Obama

And as for those students they didn't do well.yes we know our elders and leaders are a bunch of disappointment but in Yoruba land if your elder offends the younger one its still the younger one that will beg.

Even if you feel offended there's a way and manner you adress your governor. I'm not saying kiss his ass or be subservient but humility and temprance goes a long way.you as a student have more to loose than him if you decide to be confrontational instead of resolving issues in a win win way

Bottonline is both parties are wrong. Ajimobi should learn the art of public communication especially with youngsters then students should learn to deal with this elders with wisdom even with their excesses

You just judged like a typical Nigerian, blaming both sides. Lol

If we continue like this, we will never tell ourselves the truth

You're part of the problem.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by saintade01(m): 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
dangotesmummy:
It's unfortunate we don't have leaders in this part of the world

You don't trade words with mob students instead you engage in conversations and negotiations instead of getting unnecessarily confrontational.this is a crisis that he could manage with proper conversations.can't he take a cue from Obama

And as for those students they didn't do well.yes we know our elders and leaders are a bunch of disappointment but in Yoruba land if your elder offends the younger one its still the younger one that will beg.

Even if you feel offended there's a way and manner you adress your governor. I'm not saying kiss his ass or be subservient but humility and temprance goes a long way.you as a student have more to loose than him if you decide to be confrontational instead of resolving issues in a win win way

Bottonline is both parties are wrong. Ajimobi should learn the art of public communication especially with youngsters then students should learn to deal with this elders with wisdom even with their excesses

I'm surprised also nobody is reasoning this way since the emergence of this news.

I'm still going to say it again that the students will suffer most from this.s

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by godoluwa(m): 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
louqas:

Omo ale ibadan ni e .... omo irankiran. ...ara l'o maa san pa gbogbo molebi e...... afofun gbemu
if you are blind to developments around you its not my fault. Im responsible for what I say not the way you understand it, that is what free public education does to your psyche
oko were ni won fi do iya e lojo to loyun re. I asked you to mention those project but you cant point to just one meaningful thing. am sure that youve watched the video of his blabbing about LAUTECH issue. Lam Adesina legacies on education, health(Adeoyo Hospital), Workers welfare(house & car loan), Basic Amenities(Street Lights) etc still lives on.
Ladoja tried his own
Adebayo Alao Akala also did a wonderful job in areas like health(Adeoyo Hospital & establishing of Lautech Teaching Hospital), Construction & Dualization of Roads(Iwo Road - Iyana Church, Challenge etc)
Ajimobi build just one flyover bridge at mokola even at inflated rate.
Road = Zero

Health= Zero

Education = Zero
etc

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by mikolo80: 1:02am On Jan 16, 2017
dangotesmummy:
there's an addage that says it's madness doing the same thing and expect a different result
well it's working for the politicians and they're enjoying the results and no it's not an insult to us,women should reduce the probability of rape with common sense behaviour. Not all men are rapists cut women should protect themselves from the deviant few the same way guys protect themselves from robbery etc and not going certain places at night instead of claiming right of movement or how many straight guys do you see going to gay bars.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by 36kiniun(m): 7:12am On Jan 16, 2017
The problem with Nigeria is not the politicians but the 'people'. We don't even the time value of things any longer. Here is one man asking the youth to beg for their right. Education is not a privilege. Respect is reciprocal. If the govts in question cannot respect the youth, closed their school for 8months and you want them to come and beg. You must be out of gaddem mind. The day of reckoning is near! O oppressed! Spare not your oppressors.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by 36kiniun(m): 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
dangotesmummy:

Hmm..
Is this not yoruba land when the whites called our language 'vernacular'?

Is this not yoruba land when we sell our people in exchange for gun powder and mirror?

Is this not yoruba land when we adopted the white man's religion and abandoned our own?

Now it is yoruba land when a governor cannot show any sense of regard or empathy to its future. As a leader you don't ask a disgruntled mob if they want to talk or cause trouble...That's foul

Our 'yorubaness' doesn't make us a stupid bunch. If you don't respect me, trust me I won't respect you irrespective of your age or position.

Salaries are not been payed, schools are decaying and nothing happens to your own salary and entitlement. Your children are in cream schools abroad and you want to play the 'respect constituted authority card'. You must be thinking we are still in the stone age.

Power must change hands. Oju ti la. The youth of this country must be ready for a revolution. We are the reason why this country is not moving forward. A 30 year old is not ripe enough to be a local government chairman or at least a councillor. Go and check how old was muritala mohammed when he was head state. Shey e no perform? Nigerian youth stay there dey paste posters for 2019 instead say make you occupy the seat and make the desired change. It is not easy but it is POSSIBLE. Re-open lautech is not bad but RE-OPEN Nigeria is better.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by akanbiaa(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
I don't know why the OP gave an incomplete video anyway watch the complete video and see how the Students later apologized, and the Governor said he has spoken with Aregbeshola of Osun since Lautech is owned by Osun and Oyo and they have decided to commit 250million Naira each and before the end of the month Lautech will be opened. Watch video till the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQaAtQbBTyY

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by louqas: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
godoluwa:

oko were ni won fi do iya e lojo to loyun re. I asked you to mention those project but you cant point to just one meaningful thing. am sure that youve watched the video of his blabbing about LAUTECH issue. Lam Adesina legacies on education, health(Adeoyo Hospital), Workers welfare(house & car loan), Basic Amenities(Street Lights) etc still lives on.
Ladoja tried his own
Adebayo Alao Akala also did a wonderful job in areas like health(Adeoyo Hospital & establishing of Lautech Teaching Hospital), Construction & Dualization of Roads(Iwo Road - Iyana Church, Challenge etc)
Ajimobi build just one flyover bridge at mokola even at inflated rate.
Road = Zero

Health= Zero

Education = Zero
etc

YOUR FOOLISHNESS KNOW NO BOUNDS . I can see its a waste of time replying you . If you don't want generational curses on your family just stop quoting me. Na me you wan use learn how to make comments on nairaland , God punish you.
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by godoluwa(m): 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
louqas:

YOUR FOOLISHNESS KNOW NO BOUNDS . I can see its a waste of time replying you . If you don't want generational curses on your family just stop quoting me. Na me you wan use learn how to make comments on nairaland , God punish you.
omo eranko ni e, baba re gan ko to bee la ti gbe ina wo oju mi. ko ni ye o laye!
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by Arinola29: 5:40am On Jan 17, 2017
I guess most people are judging based on the short clip video while don't u watch d full as well then u judge......
Re: LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) by dangotesmummy: 5:25am On Jan 20, 2017
wink
36kiniun:

Hmm..
Is this not yoruba land when the whites called our language 'vernacular'?

Is this not yoruba land when we sell our people in exchange for gun powder and mirror?

Is this not yoruba land when we adopted the white man's religion and abandoned our own?

Now it is yoruba land when a governor cannot show any sense of regard or empathy to its future. As a leader you don't ask a disgruntled mob if they want to talk or cause trouble...That's foul

Our 'yorubaness' doesn't make us a stupid bunch. If you don't respect me, trust me I won't respect you irrespective of your age or position.

Salaries are not been payed, schools are decaying and nothing happens to your own salary and entitlement. Your children are in cream schools abroad and you want to play the 'respect constituted authority card'. You must be thinking we are still in the stone age.

Power must change hands. Oju ti la. The youth of this country must be ready for a revolution. We are the reason why this country is not moving forward. A 30 year old is not ripe enough to be a local government chairman or at least a councillor. Go and check how old was muritala mohammed when he was head state. Shey e no perform? Nigerian youth stay there dey paste posters for 2019 instead say make you occupy the seat and make the desired change. It is not easy but it is POSSIBLE. Re-open lautech is not bad but RE-OPEN Nigeria is better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mmesoma Ejikeme: JAMB Statement On Result Of Anambra Government Enquiry. / Federal University Of Technology Akure Students Chat Room / Check Your Admission Status Via Jamb Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.