Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! (1521 Views)

As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare / Militant Atheist, Alexis Mason Embraces Christ. / You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by SavageGarden(m): 5:48am On Jan 14, 2017
Why? Because I actually care about humanity and a better tomorrow.

Because I'm not a fool buying into anyone's 'obey now, get everything you ever wanted after you die' salespitch for utter insanity.

Because I'm not a coward that waits for imaginary superfriends to fix things for me, or to save me.

My abilities and my means are not infinite. I will not be here here forever. I can't save most I'd like to.

But I guarantee every single one of you that my two fallible, finitely capable hands accomplish more than the entire world's hands held idle in prayer.

I guarantee that more is achieved by me making a plan and following through on it than by the entire world pleading with all of the imaginary gods combined.

Humanism is action. If your intentions are not declared by your actions, your empassioned rhetoric is empty noise.

In my country, the religious institutions are all about empty noise in vast majority. I won't bother speculating on why; it is so, or we would have no homeless, no hungry, no abused and no forgotten.

If any of these religions were actually worth even a fraction of their own arrogant presumption, we would be living in a utopia.

But they're not worth anything. False hope sold on the wings of empty promises, achieving nothing more or less than any believed lie might.

My faith is in action, and by action is change achieved.

By action are the hungry fed. By action are the naked clothed. By action are the homeless sheltered.

If your faith urges you to do nothing and feel like you're accomplishing things, it is lying to you.

You either do, or you do not.

I don't need to look very hard at the world around me to tell what most choose.

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 14, 2017
Militant atheist cheesy grin grin, what wont you tag.

You're entitled to choose my brother and this choice is yours alone. If it works for you......

I get

Seun, what are you? Social media atheist?
Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by SavageGarden(m): 6:12am On Jan 14, 2017
jagugu88li:
Militant atheist cheesy grin grin, what wont you tag

You're entitled to choose my brother and this choice is yours alone. If it works for you......

Seun, what you? Social media atheist?

Oh Yes..it strongly works for me; isn't that indicative on this post? Hope you have been enlightened thus far my sister?
Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:

Oh Yes..it strongly works for me; isn't that indicative on this post? Hope you have been enlightened thus far my sister?
I'm a church goer bro, even though not very frequent. I see many wrong doings in and outside the church but that doesn't mean I'll one day call anyone out, be it the ones doing wrong in church or otherwise. See, I said one has a choice and if it works for them, no complaints, then whom am I to try and convince them otherwise.

If you're forcefully wanting to change someone's mindset about whatever, chances are they'll never listen. Everytime I read atheist-religion threads, there's verbal abuse which is totally unnecessary, meaning whoever is going about "belief" the wrong way won't listen. You can't yell at someone and then expect them not to be cheeky

We don't have to accept each other's beliefs and whatnots, just tolerate them.

I'm one person speaking typing

1 Like

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by praxisnetworks: 6:24am On Jan 14, 2017
no need.
Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:15am On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:
Why? Because I actually care about humanity and a better tomorrow.

Because I'm not a fool buying into anyone's 'obey now, get everything you ever wanted after you die' salespitch for utter insanity.

Because I'm not a coward that waits for imaginary superfriends to fix things for me, or to save me.

My abilities and my means are not infinite. I will not be here here forever. I can't save most I'd like to.

But I guarantee every single one of you that my two fallible, finitely capable hands accomplish more than the entire world's hands held idle in prayer.

I guarantee that more is achieved by me making a plan and following through on it than by the entire world pleading with all of the imaginary gods combined.

Humanism is action. If your intentions are not declared by your actions, your empassioned rhetoric is empty noise.

In my country, the religious institutions are all about empty noise in vast majority. I won't bother speculating on why; it is so, or we would have no homeless, no hungry, no abused and no forgotten.

If any of these religions were actually worth even a fraction of their own arrogant presumption, we would be living in a utopia.

But they're not worth anything. False hope sold on the wings of empty promises, achieving nothing more or less than any believed lie might.

By action are the hungry fed. By action are the naked clothed. By action are the homeless sheltered.

If your faith urges you to do nothing and feel like you're accomplishing things, it is lying to you.

I don't need to look very hard at the world around me to tell what most choose.

The world gave atheism > 100 years to fix its problems , it led to the death of over 200 million people .

Atheism is not the answer , Christianity is .
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/01/14/the-religion-of-millionaires-.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:
[s]Why? Because I actually care about humanity and a better tomorrow.

I don't need to look very hard at the world around me to tell what most choose.[/s]

Here is a fellow militant atheist who is Good without God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by jonbellion(m): 10:28am On Jan 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

it is very wrong to associate the philosophy of social Darwinism to actual evolution
Plus
It is intellectually dishonest to assume that all athiests have evil tendencies because some bleeped up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukaNaija: 10:39am On Jan 14, 2017
jonbellion:
it is very wrong to associate the philosophy of social Darwinism to actual evolution
Plus
It is intellectually dishonest to assume that all athiests have evil tendencies because some bleeped up

We all know a popular bleeped atheist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukaNaija: 10:45am On Jan 14, 2017
The atheist logic : quite reasonable undecided

3 Likes

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by SavageGarden(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2017
jagugu88li:
I'm a church goer bro, even though not very frequent. I see many wrong doings in and outside the church but that doesn't mean I'll one day call anyone out, be it the ones doing wrong in church or otherwise. See, I said one has a choice and if it works for them, no complaints, then whom am I to try and convince them otherwise.

If you're forcefully wanting to change someone's mindset about whatever, chances are they'll never listen. Everytime I read atheist-religion threads, there's verbal abuse which is totally unnecessary, meaning whoever is going about "belief" the wrong way won't listen. You can't yell at someone and then expect them not to be cheeky

We don't have to accept each other's beliefs and whatnots, just tolerate them.

I'm one person speaking typing
So you go to church not frequently yet you see many wrong doings in the church yet you still stick around..lingering about; talk about mental bondage, talk about cowardice..I'm not forcing you love to drop your delusional Christain beliefs that is totally up to you and your barely functional brain..verbal abuse is quite mild and tolerable compared to the Christain crusades, the rape, murders and profound torture our very African Ancestors didn't even stand a Damn chance...
I mean Christianity demands that you hate this life and prepare for a magical, eternal afterlife.

It is flagrantly cowardly. It is a declaration of surrender because you just can't handle this life and this reality. You can't handle human frailty, weakness and mortality. You can't handle uncertainty.

And reality? It scares you. Things happen all the time that you have no control at all over.

So you're going to give up and plead with a blatantly fictitious figment of bronze age imagination to save you, to love you, to find your car keys for you.

You might be a nice person. You might mean well.

But if you're Christian, you're a coward by your own tacit declaration and an idiot that can't be trusted with anything that matters in this life, because you cleave to a belief that this is just dress rehearsal for the next life.

You can't be trusted to protect anyone; you've got it in your head that even if they suffer and die, they're going to a better place (so long as they believe like you do!)

You will give up when it matters most in this life because you've already given up and you've ///glorified/// giving up. Surrender your life to Jesus, eh?

You're nothing but a coward that's chosen to hide in the myth of eternal life. You assuage yourself by believing that you shall surely be exalted in the next life if you're a worthless, meager slave in this one.

Bleep your cowardice. Your cowardice and feebleminded selfishness of seeking comfort in lies and rabidly propagating your delusion so that nothing can stir you from it is a big, big part of everything that's shit in the world.

Your faith is garbage and if souls exist, yours is broken and weak. Your religion is the worship of nothing less than giving up on reality in order to embrace utter delusion, and you //dare// demand that you not only be respected for this, but coddled and fucking praised?

You are nothing but a coward and think you deserve anything but ridicule and disgust?

Run and hide, coward. It's what you worship doing.

Send your god to speak, if it exists and is not every inch as feeble and cowardly as you. I wish to look it in the eye.

But we both know that's not going to happen then, don't we coward.

What's that you say? 'You'll be sorry when you're dead and have to answer to Him!'?

A coward's mantra if ever there was one.

A real god would speak for itself. It would not need mewling fools to speak for it.

A real god would come forward and endure examination and skepticism.

Yours?

Yours is a figment of cowardly minds that has no voice of its own.

You wish I would fear your figment, because then you would have power over me.

You have none over yourself let alone me.

So no. I do not fear your imaginary god any more than I fear incurring the wrath of Darth Vader.

And I have no more respect for your bullshit than I'd have for someone trying to tell me that I needed to follow the ways of Lord Vader and do as they directed and give them money so I could live in the star wars universe after I die in this one.

I'm not an idiot, and I'm not a coward that can't handle this life, thanks.

I'll leave being a cowardly idiot to you. You seem so well suited to it. I'd never live down to your example.

1 Like

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by SavageGarden(m): 11:07am On Jan 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Welcome aboard Bro! Omg! Last night I dreamt that I met with God... heaven was empty and God was an incompetent asshole and I couldn't get away from him... what a nightmare!
Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by SavageGarden(m): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The world gave atheism > 100 years to fix its problems , it led to the death of over 200 million people .

Atheism is not the answer , Christianity is .
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/01/14/the-religion-of-millionaires-.html

Ebuka! Honestly you need a brain transplant..go do your homework properly, get your Damn facts right..not that hearsay you got going on..
coming to an atheist page and making assumptions about our knowledge of history - not starting off on a good foot.

While we're not all condescending, bitter, cynical, assholes - many don't have much patience for anyone who is completely oblivious to how hypocritical they are, coming here to lecture us and instead of 'caring' and 'asking questions'... They assume. Like most other humans, you project your behavior/feelings onto others that make you uncomfortable - a common psychological coping mechanism that you're illustrating above.

I urge you to employ self-awareness and hold yourself to the same standards that you apply to atheists if you want to have any resemblance of civil discussion. As a side note, it really isn't going to do a lot of good trying to convince us/argue that god is real or that the bible is infallible or divinely inspired. If you have no evidence of your god to offer or substance to offer to the discussion outside of your holy book, you're wasting your time and you're only coming here to intentionally piss people off.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:
If you have no evidence of your god to offer or substance to offer to the discussion outside of your holy book, you're wasting your time and you're only coming here to intentionally piss people off.

Evidence for God ?

Come to this thread and be feasted on : https://www.nairaland.com/3553021/conclusion-atheism-illogical-atheist-delusion

But before we start you have to define nothingness which the universe came from and how you were able to examine it .

Let's go !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukaNaija: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:

Welcome aboard Bro! Omg! Last night I dreamt that I met with God... heaven was empty and God was an incompetent asshole and I couldn't get away from him... what a nightmare!

Do you know that militant atheists have a propensity for cruelty and bigotry ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:

So you go to church not frequently yet you see many wrong doings in the church yet you still stick around..lingering about; talk about mental bondage, talk about cowardice..I'm not forcing you love to drop your delusional Christain beliefs that is totally up to you and your barely functional brain..verbal abuse is quite mild and tolerable compared to the Christain crusades, the rape, murders and profound torture our very African Ancestors didn't even stand a Damn chance...
I mean Christianity demands that you hate this life and prepare for a magical, eternal afterlife.

It is flagrantly cowardly. It is a declaration of surrender because you just can't handle this life and this reality. You can't handle human frailty, weakness and mortality. You can't handle uncertainty.

And reality? It scares you. Things happen all the time that you have no control at all over.

So you're going to give up and plead with a blatantly fictitious figment of bronze age imagination to save you, to love you, to find your car keys for you.

You might be a nice person. You might mean well.

But if you're Christian, you're a coward by your own tacit declaration and an idiot that can't be trusted with anything that matters in this life, because you cleave to a belief that this is just dress rehearsal for the next life.

You can't be trusted to protect anyone; you've got it in your head that even if they suffer and die, they're going to a better place (so long as they believe like you do!)

You will give up when it matters most in this life because you've already given up and you've ///glorified/// giving up. Surrender your life to Jesus, eh?

You're nothing but a coward that's chosen to hide in the myth of eternal life. You assuage yourself by believing that you shall surely be exalted in the next life if you're a worthless, meager slave in this one.

Bleep your cowardice. Your cowardice and feebleminded selfishness of seeking comfort in lies and rabidly propagating your delusion so that nothing can stir you from it is a big, big part of everything that's shit in the world.

Your faith is garbage and if souls exist, yours is broken and weak. Your religion is the worship of nothing less than giving up on reality in order to embrace utter delusion, and you //dare// demand that you not only be respected for this, but coddled and fucking praised?

You are nothing but a coward and think you deserve anything but ridicule and disgust?

Send your god to speak, if it exists and is not every inch as feeble and cowardly as you. I wish to look it in the eye.

But we both know that's not going to happen then, don't we coward.

What's that you say? 'You'll be sorry when you're dead and have to answer to Him!'?

A coward's mantra if ever there was one.

A real god would speak for itself. It would not need mewling fools to speak for it.

A real god would come forward and endure examination and skepticism.

Yours?

Yours is a figment of cowardly minds that has no voice of its own.

You wish I would fear your figment, because then you would have power over me.

You have none over yourself let alone me.

So no. I do not fear your imaginary god any more than I fear incurring the wrath of Darth Vader.

And I have no more respect for your bullshit than I'd have for someone trying to tell me that I needed to follow the ways of Lord Vader and do as they directed and give them money so I could live in the star wars universe after I die in this one.

I'm not an idiot, and I'm not a coward that can't handle this life, thanks.

I'll leave being a cowardly idiot to you. You seem so well suited to it. I'd never live down to your example.
I see you are fluent in English, now you need to be taught comprehension.

Have a great day! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukaNaija: 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
jagugu88li:

Have a great day! wink

Chai !!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by KingEbukaNaija: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:

Atheist states kill those who don't surrender their beliefs in God cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by SavageGarden(m): 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
jagugu88li:

Have a great day! wink

Please by all means reach me.
Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by Sibe007(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

Atheist states kill those who don't surrender their beliefs in God cry cry

And Who will kill and burn the whole world for eternity for not believing in him(It)?
Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by dyabman(m): 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
jagugu88li:

Have a great day! wink

Re: I'll Stop Being A Militant Atheist When!!! by Wilgrea7(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:

people like you are the reason why atheism is called either apetheism or hatheism... there is more anger than logic in your responses... a 90:10 ratio

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest Pastors In The World. / Adebayor Reveals Why He Converted To Muslim / Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.