Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,802 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:47 PM

You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible (3942 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
UNDERSTANDING

Understanding is a psychological process related to an abstract or physical object, such as a person , situation, or
message whereby one is able to think about it and use
concepts to deal adequately with that object.

Understanding is a relation between the knower and an object of understanding. Understanding implies abilities and dispositions with respect to an object of knowledge sufficient to support intelligent behavior.

-Wikipedia

Understanding is a precursor to intelligent behavior. Paul the apostle was a lawyer (according to Bible), this made him presumably an intelligent man.

But when he attempted to understand the bible (the whole documented stories, of religious evolution of Jews), so that he could make intelligent proposition, Paul got quagmired in the verses below:

Romans 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Romans 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Romans 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Romans 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What Paul resorted to was conclusions, devoid of intelligence, since it was impossible for him to understand the inconsistencies in the character of the Jewish god (Yahweh).

If anyone is intellectually honest, the day he/she understands the Bible, it's that day he will realize that bible informed behavior, is diametrically opposed to intelligent behavior.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by tempem: 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
Lol.. It's not true..
Applying the Bible's practical advice will make you believe more in it's author..

1 Like

Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 2:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
tempem:
Lol.. It's not true..
Applying the Bible's practical advice will make you believe more in it's author..

Yes, as long as you remain intellectually dishonest.

8 Likes

Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Niflheim(m): 5:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
@akintom,

Expecting honesty from a christian, is like expecting "intelligence" from Pinkie in "Pinkie and the Brain!!!"...............................It is at best, a fantasy, but at worst, a costly error!!!
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
OP, the devil is tormenting you, move on with your life and continue with your atheism if it pleases you. Open your eyes, you are wasting your time engaging in pointless debates, go and live free, you are in bondage without Christ, He is the only one that can set you free before you know it you will be old, a word should be enough for you
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

Yes, as long as you remain intellectually dishonest.
Atheism is not a position of superior knowledge either. Like I've been asking your fellow atheists, 'How is Atheism Logical?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Niflheim:
@akintom,

Expecting honesty from a christian, is like expecting "intelligence" from Pinkie in "Pinkie and the Brain!!!"...............................It is at best, a fantasy, but at worst, a costly error!!!
It's the same thing with an atheist. No thinking man will call himself an atheist. Expecting honesty from one feels like losing his/her atheistic faith.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 7:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
Pidgin2:
OP, the devil is tormenting you, move on with your life and continue with your atheism if it pleases you. Open your eyes, you are wasting your time engaging in pointless debates, go and live free, you are in bondage without Christ, He is the only one that can set you free before you know it you will be old, a word should be enough for you
Of course, the very devil that gave you forbidden fruit to eat in the garden of eden, still possesses you.

If not, you and your fellow christards wouldn't be fighting him, all the time that you gather in those fools' house.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Atheism is not a position of superior knowledge either. Like I've been asking your fellow atheists, 'How is Atheism Logical?
You're an evidence of how morbidly and intellectually dishonest, christards are.

It's obvious that you don't understand a word in logic. If not you wouldn't be asking atheists, how god idea is both primitive and idiotic.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

You're an evidence of how morbidly and intellectually dishonest, christards are.

It's obvious that you don't understand a word in logic. If not you wouldn't be asking atheists, how god idea is both primitive and idiotic.
Don't make it simplistic. I'm not arguing for God or for theism but questioning the basis on which any deluded person calls other deluded people deluded.

So, Mr Atheist, how is atheism a logical position? How is atheism not a worse display of arrogant ignorance?

Don't try to use God as your helping hand. Show me you are better than theists lime you claim to be. If theists are dumb how does an atheist know and still calls himself an atheist? Go on, you have the floor.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

Of course, the very devil that gave you forbidden fruit to eat in the garden of eden, still possesses you.

If not, you and your fellow christards wouldn't be fighting him, all the time that you gather in those fools' house.

You are in bondage, you cannot do without criticizing Christians everyday, you are in bondage
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Don't make it simplistic. I'm not arguing for God or for theism but questioning the basis on which any deluded person calls other deluded people deluded.

So, Mr Atheist, how is atheism a logical position? How is atheism not a worse display of arrogant ignorance?

Don't try to use God as your helping hand. Show me you are better than theists lime you claim to be. If theists are dumb how does an atheist know and still calls himself an atheist? Go on, you have the floor.
Which illogical proposition in atheism, are you referring to specifically?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are in bondage, you cannot do without criticizing Christians everyday, you are in bondage

It's obvious you're badly hurt in the anterior sphere of the orifice.

Sorry, you didn't have to repeat the "bondage". lol
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by BaEnki(m): 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

Hello!

Arguing for or against any choice of belief can easily renders anyone an ignoramus which I've chosen to avoid, our views on the same topic are always subjective and parallel, you can call my house white while I see it as black, though in my mind based on my on definition.

If you find peace in whatever you do, continue doing it.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by frank317: 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
BaEnki:

Hello!

Arguing for or against any choice of belief can easily renders anyone an ignoramus which I've chosen to avoid, our views on the same topic are always subjective and parallel, you can call my house white while I see it as black, though in my mind based on my on definition.

Nice one but the problem is... If God exists how what should he do about our differences? If you, an ordinary human can understand this fact about human? How then should our creator handle it... Why the silence?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

Which illogical proposition in atheism, are you referring to specifically?
Very good. I'm impressed.

It is not an illogical proposition in Atheism but Atheism is the illogical proposition. I've been thinking: 'If absence of evidence is not evidence of presence(or absence) on what ground is atheism logical?'

The question is, how was atheism arrived at from rational thought?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
BaEnki:

Hello!

How would arguing for or against a belief make one an ignoramus?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
frank317:

Nice one but the problem is... If God exists how what should he do about our differences? If you, an ordinary human can understand this fact about human? How then should our creator handle it... Why the silence?
Nice one? If a thing meets the criteria of a feminine human, would it still be considered rational to describe his physical attribute as masculine?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
BaEnki:

Hello!

Nobody cares if you mistake shadow for a lion. But if you mistake lion for a shadow, you sure will impact all the folks that care about you.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Very good. I'm impressed.

It is not an illogical proposition in Atheism but Atheism is the illogical proposition. I've been thinking: 'If absence of evidence is not evidence of presence(or absence) on what ground is atheism logical?'

The question is, how was atheism arrived at from rational thought?
By Frank Fernandez

This is your first problem. Atheist don't say that there's no god. Atheists say that they don't believe the claim that God exists. These are two very different things.

One is the rejection of a positive claim. The other is a positive claim. Someone who says they don't believe in a God has no need to disprove the God claim.

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim. If you claim that a god does exist then it's YOUR job to prove it. It's not the other person's job to prove it false.

If someone says the there is no God, they are now making a claim that does carry a burden of proof. But we atheists don't claim that God, in fact, does not exist. We simply reject the claims that one does.

So you can toss all the word salads you want. But you're not gonna pin the burden of proof on us. You claim that God is real, then it's your job to prove it. Plain and simple.

1 Like

Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

By Frank Fernandez

This is your first problem. Atheist don't say that there's no god. Atheists say that they don't believe the claim that God exists. These are two very different things.

One is the rejection of a positive claim. The other is a positive claim. Someone who says they don't believe in a God has no need to disprove the God claim.

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim. If you claim that a god does exist then it's YOUR job to prove it. It's not the other person's job to prove it false.

If someone says the there is no God, they are now making a claim that does carry a burden of proof. But we atheists don't claim that God, in fact, does not exist. We simply reject the claims that one does.

So you can toss all the word salads you want. But you're not gonna pin the burden of proof on us. You claim that God is real, then it's your job to prove it. Plain and simple.
Very good. So what atheism has is a 'BELIEF' and not a 'FACT' that there's no God? A simply yes will do.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Omoluabi16(m): 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

It's obvious you're badly hurt in the anterior sphere of the orifice.

Sorry, you didn't have to repeat the "bondage". lol
You are in BONDAGE.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Very good. So what atheism has is a 'BELIEF' and not a 'FACT' that there's no God? A simply yes will do.
You may have to read this simple piece again. If you understand what the piece explained in simple English, you wouldn't ask this question.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

You may have to read this simple piece again. If you understand what the piece explained in simple English, you wouldn't ask this question.
Twenty four words to criticize instead of a Yes or No.

From your definition(leave the unnecessary part) Atheism is just a Belief there is no God. Would I be wrong to say atheists, in defence of atheism, build their conclusions on "Faith" based premises?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Twenty four words to criticize instead of a Yes or No.

From your definition(leave the unnecessary part) Atheism is just a Belief there is no God. Would I be wrong to say atheists, in defence of atheism, build their conclusions on "Faith" based premises?
You're not quoting me, because i never said atheism is "a belief there's no god".

Absence of evidence.

https://www.nairaland.com/3672486/absence-evidence-evidence-absence
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Jeromejnr(m): 9:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
The OP is in bondage.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:

Absence of evidence.
Logically, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Obviously you don't agree, so tell me, how is absence of evidence the evidence for which any rational thought be built for absence of existence?

If in a hide-and-seek game, the one whose turn is it to search searches for his/her peers and couldn't find them, absence of evidence occur, would that form a rational basis for the evidence of absence? Explain.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
You are in BONDAGE.
Is this the best sense, that Yahweh can stuff your cranium with?
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Logically, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Obviously you don't agree, so tell me, how is absence of evidence the evidence for which any rational thought be built for absence of existence?

If in a hide-and-seek game, the one whose turn is it to search searches for his/her peers and couldn't find them, absence of evidence occur, would that form a rational basis for the evidence of absence? Explain.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
Jeromejnr:
The OP is in bondage.
Definitely, a cranium perforated with idiocy, must flow with herd of buffoons.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
akintom:
Your thread didn't say how absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Maybe you should read it again. You see, I stake my handle, if you can prove to me how Absence of Evidence is Evidence of Absence(How Atheism is Logical) I'd DEACTIVATE this account.
Re: You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible by akintom(m): 9:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Your thread didn't say how absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Maybe you should read it again. You see, I stake my handle, if you can prove to me how Absence of Evidence is Evidence of Absence(How Atheism is Logical) I'd DEACTIVATE this account.

Sapiosexuality:

Using this your above analogy.

If a 10 years old boy who lives alone with his mother, in a three bedroom flat, suddenly or gradually begin to search in a manner of looking for hiding friend(s), as it obtains in a hide-and-seek game.

The mother then asked the boy, who is he searching out. The boy says, my friends that are hiding in this flat.

Haven established the following:

* the mother is sure it's just two of them in the flat, at that particular time.

* the flat is fenced, and no other person within the compound.

Despite these, the boy still insisted that his friends are hiding in the flat.

At this point, the mother can rationally suspect hallucination, delusion, disorientation, sleepwalking etc.

This rational suspicion, is based on the ABSENCE of EVIDENCE of any friend in the flat.

Therefore, absence of evidence, is the evidence of absence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Agnostic But I Still Enjoy Gospel Music & Hymns. Atheists Do You Too? / God Of The Old And New Testaments Are They The Same? / Staged Miracles: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.