Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank (4146 Views)

How To Increase Alexa Rank Of Your Blog Quickly / Best Way To Boost Your Blog Alexa Rank In 2017 (secret Tips To Improve Ranking) / About Alexa Rank Checker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:33am On Jan 14, 2017
When I started blogging back in 2014, I  had no idea of what Alexa rank was and how to improve it.

As time went on , I kept learning different aspects of Blogging and understood how Alexa works.

It was very difficult to get a good Alexa rank for my blog, but as my Blogging experience kept improving, my Alexa rank also improved.

What is an Alexa Rank?

Alexa ranks website based on the amount of traffic they get. Having a good Alexa rank does not help you directly in any way, but still it has its own benefits.

If you deal with several advertisers/ product owners then an Alexa rank is very important for you.
Blogs with impressive Alexa rank attracts advertisers to spend money on your site to feature their service/product.

So, having a good Alexa rank helps bloggers to make decent money from direct advertisements.

How To Improve Your Alexa Ranking?

1. Claim your site on Alexa – Sign up for an account on Alexa.com and submit your site there. This is the very first step to improve your Blog's Alexa ranking.

2. Add Alexa widget to your blog – The Alexa widget helps Alexa servers to track the traffic better. Adding one on your blog will make you see a significant improvement in your rankings. It may not work overnight but something is definitely better than nothing.

3. Write shareable Content – The more unique content you’ll write for your blog readers, then you'll get more traffic and backlinks . People will  likely share your content across their social accounts and it will help you in improving your Alexa rank fast.

4 Keep updating your blog with useful content and increase your returning visitors count –

Trust me, returning visitors really help a lot to boost blog’s ranking. They tend to share your content several times on their various social network profiles.

Give some time to improving your blog’s Alexa ranking as it is important if you are a serious blogger and want to generate money from direct advertisements.

If you liked this article, then kindly share it.
I'd also like to know your own views

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:33am On Jan 14, 2017
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Kingstel(m): 6:39am On Jan 14, 2017
Nice tips. tongue

See top stories now Trending @ [url]Vineck.com[/url] ....
> Pretty Mike explains why he puts ladies in leashes, says he's gentle and responsible...

> What people usually do after having sex...
> 8 Common foods proven to give you slim waist by burning excess fat...
> And more! tongue
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by semasir: 6:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Thank you!
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Ekpekus(m): 6:58am On Jan 14, 2017
Good job @op I just hope bloggers will learn rather than peddling false news with eye catching titles
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by checkolatunji: 6:58am On Jan 14, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
When I started blogging back in 2014, I  had no idea of what Alexa rank was and how to improve it.

As time went on , I kept learning different aspects of Blogging and understood how Alexa works.

It was very difficult to get a good Alexa rank for my blog, but as my Blogging experience kept improving, my Alexa rank also improved.

What is an Alexa Rank?

Alexa ranks website based on the amount of traffic they get. Having a good Alexa rank does not help you directly in any way, but still it has its own benefits.

If you deal with several advertisers/ product owners then an Alexa rank is very important for you.
Blogs with impressive Alexa rank attracts advertisers to spend money on your site to feature their service/product.

So, having a good Alexa rank helps bloggers to make decent money from direct advertisements.

1. Claim your site on Alexa – Sign up for an account on Alexa.com and submit your site there. This is the very first step to improve your Blog's Alexa ranking.

2. Add Alexa widget to your blog – The Alexa widget helps Alexa servers to track the traffic better. Adding one on your blog will make you see a significant improvement in your rankings. It may not work overnight but something is definitely better than nothing.

3. Write shareable Content – The more unique content you’ll write for your blog readers, then you'll get more traffic and backlinks . People will  likely share your content across their social accounts and it will help you in improving your Alexa rank fast.

4 Keep updating your blog with useful content and increase your returning visitors count –

Trust me, returning visitors really help a lot to boost blog’s ranking. They tend to share your content several times on their various social network profiles.

Give some time to improving your blog’s Alexa ranking as it is important if you are a serious blogger and want to generate money from direct advertisements.

Bro, you Base in Lagos?
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by deloon(m): 7:07am On Jan 14, 2017
I need a creative and dedicated entertainment blogger to manage a blog. PM me to discuss payments, terms and conditions.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by gentlekeny(m): 7:07am On Jan 14, 2017
nice write up...

I started this sports blog but am really strugging with traffic

www.lasabet.com any assistance?
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
Useful articles is the best way to succeed as a blogger. Datsall.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Onukube1(f): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:19am On Jan 14, 2017
checkolatunji:

Bro, you Base in Lagos?
nope
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by afternysc(f): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2017
Not a guaranty
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by checkolatunji: 7:35am On Jan 14, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
nope

Okay, needed someone to mentor me on blogging

Don't know how you can help cos am planning going into blogging but am having problems on getting articles for the blog I wish to have.

Safe
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by miqos02(m): 7:35am On Jan 14, 2017
weldone
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 14, 2017
How long does it take for Alexa to get information about a new blog?
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by miller0093(m): 7:45am On Jan 14, 2017
nice idea but i still have problems with traffic millmic..com
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Nnamdd1(m): 8:05am On Jan 14, 2017
deloon:
I need a creative and dedicated entertainment blogger to manage a blog. PM me to discuss payments, terms and conditions.

Okay.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by uyisteven(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

What is an Alexa Rank?

Am curious please, don't one pay before he/she can get an Alexa account?...
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by uyisteven(m): 9:01am On Jan 14, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

What is an Alexa Rank?

Am curious please, don't one pay before he/she can get an Alexa account?...
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Naijalabel(m): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2017
I though alexa charges a fee or is it free
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 14, 2017
Bro for now, no be beans to sign up on Alexa.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Xzbit91: 10:09am On Jan 14, 2017
emrain:
Useful articles is the best way to succeed as a blogger. Datsall.

Of what use is a useful article without traffic? undecided undecided
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by moneylords(m): 10:28am On Jan 14, 2017
Am going back to blogging.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Xzbit91:

Of what use is a useful article without traffic? undecided undecided

Useful articles will attract traffic by default as far as your seo is ok. That's what Google is there for.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Xzbit91: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
emrain:

Useful articles will attract traffic by default as far as your seo is ok. That's what Google is there for.
I know that, but is that enough? If you think putting up good articles, having an OK seo and hoping google will bring the traffic then you're in for a long thing
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by oskaaay(m): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
OP TUMB UP.
The basic of all is continue traffic either via SEo, Free or Paid Ads and the cheapest for blogger is FB Ads. You can explore it.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
Xzbit91:

I know that, but is that enough? If you think putting up good articles, having an OK seo and hoping google will bring the traffic then you're in for a long thing

What exactly is your point?
Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Xzbit91: 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
emrain:

What exactly is your point?

Writing good articles alone is not enough to be a successful blogger

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by napoleon77(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Xzbit91:

True! It's like saying graduating with a 2.1 will guarantee you a good job!

Spending a little on adverts using Google Adsence Express, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads etc can also help boost traffic.

Can someone give a honest review of my site http://macksonwakama.com

It's fairly new with a global Alexa ranking of about 8m and Nigerian ranking of 46k

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
Xzbit91:

Noted

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank by Xzbit91: 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
napoleon77:

True! It's like saying graduating with a 2.1 will guarantee you a good job!

Spending a little on adverts using Google Adsence Express, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads etc can also help boost traffic.

Can someone give a honest review of my site http://macksonwakama.com

It's fairly new with a global Alexa ranking of about 8m and Nigerian ranking of 46k

Thank you! @bolded

For review of your blog, let me say I'm not a blogger and not a professional on financial technology matters, I'd like to give you some advice, but before before I do I would like to know if you are blogging as a hobby or you're into it for financial gains

(1) (2) (Reply)

Connecting Your Form To Interswitch Webpay / Are Keywords Still Powerful And Effective In 2019 / How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.