Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? (4157 Views)

5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate / Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. / How Can I Reduce My Data Usage While Browsing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by PrettyCindy(f): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hi everyone, i observed that when i take a photo shot with my phone or digital camera, it reads from 300kb and above. This makes it impossible to upload pics that that are large. For instance, to upload a pic to nairaland, the pic must be 200kb or less.
So how do i reduce the kb of an existing picture to 200kb or less? And how do i adjust my phone or camera to take shots of 200kb and less? Your responses will be appreciated.
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by PrettyCindy(f): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2012
Someone should please help me out. I need to upload some pics to nairaland but the sizes are each larger than 200.
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by sarutobi: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2012
Download riot ( radical image optimization tool). It makes u compress an image without losing quality. I use one for linux but there should be one for windows.

About your phone: you are probably taking photos in high resolution. Go to ur camera settings. Set it to medium or low quality. This should solve the problem.
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by PrettyCindy(f): 11:18am On Jun 29, 2012
Oh dear, thank you so much. I followed your instructions. My phone camera settings was formally at 1280x1024 resolution but when i reduced it to 640x480 and later 320x240, i got low pictures as low as 30kb yet with ok quality. I will adjust my digital camera settings now. Thank you.
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by Peterson1993(m): 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
The simplest way is to use a free photo software like Picasa , get it here its Free : http://downint.googlepages.com/photosoftware .

I was able to compress 850Kb to 64Kb some time ago without any prob. I hope it helps

Or you can try this usefull website as well=> www.imageoptimizer.net ... Just check it out and try undertand how it works.

For the case of uploading a photo on nairaland, just upload your desired photo to www.postimage.org .after choosing your desired size and ticking "family safe".. Just copy to paste the direct link code from the box provided and post/paste on any forum wether nairaland or whatever..!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by PrettyCindy(f): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
@peterson, thanks. Funny i have picassa software in my laptop but i have never used it! That will be my assignment for tomorrow.
About the postimage, it seems i can only use it with a laptop. I browse more with my phone but i will try and see if it will work.
Thank you so much.
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by Peterson1993(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
PrettyCindy: @peterson, thanks. Funny i have picassa software in my laptop but i have never used it! That will be my assignment for tomorrow.
About the postimage, it seems i can only use it with a laptop. I browse more with my phone but i will try and see if it will work.
Thank you so much.
No no no.. You can use postimage.org with any device that can acess the internet even mobile phones inclusive. Mobile phone is even easier. All you just need do is upload your photo in the website and copy and post the direct link code on any forum. Practice how resizing the image works. You can use the image 21 inch monitor size to make your image big. K am on mobile phone right now. Am always on mobile phone too. Just give me few munites to upload and post it for you to see. Sorry I forgot to add some very important. Put [img] before the link and [/img] after the link

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by Peterson1993(m): 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
This is the pretty Miss Abuja..!

Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by sisqology(m): 4:07am On Jun 30, 2012
Because dem see say na babe create the topic now, see gentlemen replies! If na guy, hmmm

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by Peterson1993(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2012
^ ^ Ok now de jealous say you no be woman. Meet babalawo to change your rod to pipeline and tell am to add two round spiritual oranges on top of your flat chest then you will get similar attention. Who is on nairaland to to look for wife. Abi nah nairaland anonymous babes you wan marry. All question I answer on this board, I answer without even looking at the gender. I answer all questions that comes my way. It all depends on if I had answers to them.. Chikena
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by PrettyCindy(f): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
sisqology: Because dem see say na babe create the topic now, see gentlemen replies! If na guy, hmmm

Lwkmd!. Seriously! My guy abeg chill jor. Which one be your own. If to say any babe get solution to my problem, she for post am. As e be say na men get answer, dem give me solution and the solution work well well. So which ones come de pain you for inside? Chineke nna! I don see something for nairaland!
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by PrettyCindy(f): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
@peterson, i will use my phone to try the postimage.org and hope it works. Once again thanks.
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by Peterson1993(m): 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
PrettyCindy: @peterson, i will use my phone to try the postimage.org and hope it works. Once again thanks.
Always welcome babe... It works. It does'nt have kilobyte limit. You can upload an image of 1GB to the website and copy and post the direct link code and see it open.. You are welcome
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by otodeluxe(m): 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
Peterson1993: This is the pretty Miss Abuja..!

It's a photoshoped picture!
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by otodeluxe(m): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
PrettyCindy: Hi everyone, i observed that when i take a photo shot with my phone or digital camera, it reads from 300kb and above. This makes it impossible to upload pics that that are large. For instance, to upload a pic to nairaland, the pic must be 200kb or less.
So how do i reduce the kb of an existing picture to 200kb or less? And how do i adjust my phone or camera to take shots of 200kb and less? Your responses will be appreciated.

Basically, if you have a laptop you can either use Microsoft Picture Manager to Optmize it. Just right click the picture, goto open with and choose Microsoft Picture Manager. On d right hand side of the window. Click on resize and select d Webpages options or email messages.

If u r a pro computer user u can download a trial version of Adobe Photoshop. then open the picture in photoshop, goto edit and select "image size", make sure d constrain proportion is ticked, then change the size to somefin like 300, when done save it from d file menu. Make sure u save as .png to make it more portable. Hope dis helps!
Re: How Do I Reduce Picture Kilobyte? by PrettyCindy(f): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
otodeluxe:

Basically, if you have a laptop you can either use Microsoft Picture Manager to Optmize it. Just right click the picture, goto open with and choose Microsoft Picture Manager. On d right hand side of the window. Click on resize and select d Webpages options or email messages.

If u r a pro computer user u can download a trial version of Adobe Photoshop. then open the picture in photoshop, goto edit and select "image size", make sure d constrain proportion is ticked, then change the size to somefin like 300, when done save it from d file menu. Make sure u save as .png to make it more portable. Hope dis helps!

Thanks so much for the tips on how to resize image on laptop. Will try it out. Thanks once again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Rate My Ecommerce Store / Unique Online Forum For Sale! / Can One De-register A Domain Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.