Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? (750 Views)

Vertical City Mall For Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity (Photos) / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by psalmsjob: 8:05am On Jan 14, 2017
Having read the extract of Bishop Oyedepo's "prayer" about Boko Haram and on the killings of "Christians" and also read the reactions of nairalanders here when the story hit front page yesterday I decided to extract a "mock" prayer which I made in response to one of the people supporting his prayer who quoted me in my condemnation of Oyedepo's prayer to counter his prayers and ask the person to choose which one between my own prayer and Oyedepo's that he honestly thinks God is likely to answer. However, the supporter has not replied me before I write this.

Although some people argue that the prayer was made around 2015 or even much later than that but I believe the date on which the prayer was made is not as important as the effects the prayer had since when it was made till today.

If you haven't read Oyedepo's prayers before now you can read it on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3569872/oyedepo-commands-followers-kill-suspected

This is my own prayer on the same issue he prayed about:

Our heavenly Father, God almighty, I know your words is settled in heaven and on earth as you have said that no weapon fashioned against your Church can prevail.
Therefore all these terrorist trying to bring down your people show them your glory and might just as you showed Saul who later became Paul and worked more than the 12 Apostles in your vineyard.
Please father arrest them with your everlasting love, soften their hardened heart that they might be saved for you do not wish that anyone should perish.
Gracious Father, the great comforter, please comfort and strengthen your people that are being persecuted that they might not grow weary and sin against you thereby.
Thank you Lord as I ask this in the precious name of Jesus your Son. Amen"

Between this my prayer above and that of Bishop Oyedepo which do you think is more in line with God's mind and His purpose for a Christians and the one He will most likely answer?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by CHOPUP411(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2017
Bishop prayer

Ur prayer is too weak

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by dalaman: 8:13am On Jan 14, 2017
Non will be answered.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by Favorite1: 8:37am On Jan 14, 2017
psalmsjob:
Having read the extract of Bishop Oyedepo's "prayer" about Boko Haram and on the killings of "Christians" and also read the reactions of nairalanders here when the story hit front page yesterday I decided to extract a "mock" prayer which I made in response to one of the people supporting his prayer who quoted me in my condemnation of Oyedepo's prayer to counter his prayers and ask the person to choose which one between my own prayer and Oyedepo's that he honestly thinks God is likely to answer. However, the supporter has not replied me before I write this.

Although some people argue that the prayer was made around 2015 or even much later than that but I believe the date on which the prayer was made is not as important as the effects the prayer had since when it was made till today.

If you haven't read Oyedepo's prayers before now you can read it on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3569872/oyedepo-commands-followers-kill-suspected

This is my own prayer on the same issue he prayed about:

Our heavenly Father, God almighty, I know your words is settled in heaven and on earth as you have said that no weapon fashioned against your Church can prevail.
Therefore all these terrorist trying to bring down your people show them your glory and might just as you showed Saul who later became Paul and worked more than the 12 Apostles in your vineyard.
Please father arrest them with your everlasting love, soften their hardened heart that they might be saved for you do not wish that anyone should perish.
Gracious Father, the great comforter, please comfort and strengthen your people that are being persecuted that they might not grow weary and sin against you thereby.
Thank you Lord as I ask this in the precious name of Jesus your Son. Amen"

Between this my prayer above and that of Bishop Oyedepo which do you think is more in line with God's mind and His purpose for a Christians and the one He will most likely answer?

Please add that may your path in life lead you to the environment where christians are being persecuted and murdered so that your religious beliefs are truly put to test as you watch your family being slaughtered in front of you.
Then you can write from an experienced point of view. You are a stereotype fake, cowardly individual from a particular that feels as long as it does not affect me directly, which one is my own?
With that attitude of greed and self preservation, selfishness and deceit, people like you have landed the nation on the brink of religious and ethnic war!
Pray it like that and MAY GOD ALLOW YOU TO EXPERIENCE THE PAIN OF WHAT THE CHRISTIANS BEING SLAUGHTERED EXPERIENCE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by Chikelue2000(m): 8:39am On Jan 14, 2017
Ur prayer reminds me of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, a very nice prayer bro but if I were to be GOD I will listen to Bishop Oyedepo's. Dis beast and animals need to die a mysterious death. If only u see hw dis guys in Kaduna where slaughtered, imagine a child who knows nothing having his head cut open.... GOD may thunder fire Boko haram
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by psalmsjob: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2017
Favorite1:

Please add that may your path in life lead you to the environment where christians are being persecuted and murdered so that your religious beliefs are truly put to test as you watch your family being slaughtered in front of you.
Then you can write from an experienced point of view. You are a stereotype fake, cowardly individual from a particular that feels as long as it does not affect me directly, which one is my own?
With that attitude of greed and self preservation, selfishness and deceit, people like you have landed the nation on the brink of religious and ethnic war!
Pray it like that and MAY GOD ALLOW YOU TO EXPERIENCE THE PAIN OF WHAT THE CHRISTIANS BEING SLAUGHTERED EXPERIENCE!

Presumptuously, you think I haven't experienced it?

I have my "good" Christian that promote violence. But what I have learnt from that experience is that I don't need so-called men of God with bodyguards living in the comfort zone you accuse me of to be flaming that violence in the name of fighting it. Two evils doesn't make a good it only leads to more evil.

I do not wish evil on my enemies as a Christian neither do I wish them death to the killers of my relatives because that will not bring them back to life.

Love is the most powerful weapon there ever was and till today.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by psalmsjob: 9:03am On Jan 14, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Ur prayer reminds me of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, a very nice prayer bro but if I were to be GOD I will listen to Bishop Oyedepo's. Dis beast and animals need to die a mysterious death. If only u see hw dis guys in Kaduna where slaughtered, imagine a child who knows nothing having his head cut open.... GOD may thunder fire Boko haram

Love can never fail and Jesus didn't fail even when it seems he was weak. That's why Jesus is given a name above every other name.

We should be earnestly calling for the Lord's return as commended in the book of Revelation if we're so sick of all these killings not to join them in the killings or evil prayers like we own the world, heaven is our home isn't it?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by peacesamuel94(m): 9:23am On Jan 14, 2017
your prayer would have been harsher if you or members of your family were victims of their numerous atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? by Topgainer: 10:12am On Jan 14, 2017
peacesamuel94:
your prayer would have been harsher if you or members of your family were victims of their numerous atrocities.
What do you mean by harsher? Enemy die by fire rants?
Those doctrines are not from Jesus or his Apostles . It doesn't matter the circumstances, If Jesus didn't teach such prayers then it is hatched from the stables of dubious men of gods.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/03/17 / Bad Marriage Is Equal To Hell Fire. / Photos And Video Of Mothers day Catholic Celebrations In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.